Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Shotguns. Bladedancer solved. The only thing they can do that is any way a concern to me is blink and shotgun. But the thing is 1/2 the time they don't know where they're ending up so it's only a partial advantage. The only thing that annoys me is Fist of Havoc breaking my bubble 100% of the time now. It used to just destroy the bubble and spare me, now it kills the bubble and everyone else in it (as of like 3 months ago, I should say)
Bubble is useless. Fist smash it as you say, bladedancers look forward to it since the people inside cant shoot out but the dancer can causualy stroll through it slaughtering anyone inside (even with the Saint helmet since, hey, its auto targeting so who cares if your blind...stab stab stab). Hell, I think even warlock supers destroys the bubble these days?

Shotguns are a huge part of the problem tho. Yeah its nice to shut down the bladedancer with it but I thought we learned from the dual 1886s in CoD and decided that one-shot-wonder weapons were bad for FPS. The current state reminds me a lot of that time when commando lunge care-package knifing was competing with dual 1886s, and not in a good way.

Trials... if they were "best of 3" instead of the current "best of 9" it would be ok, but right now it takes waaaaay to long to do 9 games for next to useless rewards, even if you get to the lighthouse.

Anyway, the pvp is fun enough if you play with some friends, but its almost despite the game then because of it.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Iron Banner starts today at 10 PDT.

This game is not bad, but sucks if you are a solo player with no console friends. (As I am )

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Use Destiny LFG. It makes it easy for people to have a clan 24/7, and their is a lot of good players on there.
Yes, thanks..I just started using it last week. I have idea why they didn't implement something in game. (Other than the basic match making )

Column_sl

shitlord
My conspiracy theory is Destiny LFG is run by a Bungie dev so they don't have to deal with the customer service they would have to hire with people trolling all the time.

Either way, It's a really well run site, and better then in game matchmaking imo.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Played a shit ton of Iron Banner this week and got all 3 toons to rank 5. Finally felt like I became a mediocre PvP'er. Hawkmoon is fun when you finally get the hang of it. My fondest memory was joining iron banner on a 9 kill streak planning on hanging back and playing safe to get that 10th kill for the bounty. The match making zones me into a game where my side is losing 10,000 to 2500 and I am immediatly rocketed to death as soon as I spawn by the other team who had just gotten their heavy ammo drop. Oh the good times of PvP.

spronk

FPS noob
its pretty much all but confirmed that year 1 weapons/gear won't ascend to the taken king higher light levels, so they will probably be useless. so not much point in spending a lot of time in getting gear now, since you won't be using any of it past sept 15th. I just spend an hour or two every tuesday doing nightfalls and then i'm pretty much done, grinding eris morn rep on my hunter just so i can be rank 4 on all my chars but thats like 10 mins a day.

this weeks nightfall is hilariously easy, with queensbow (new exotic) the 2nd boss dies in 3 shots to the turret on his left side, the boss dies at the end before he even moves from his first spot. it took my destinylfg group 8 mins to complete each run, 30 mins total for all my weekly destiny needs. yay!

bungie also added a new emblem/shader for people who complete 10 tasks before sep 9th, you can track it here
Destiny Companion | Bungie.net

PSn is down at the moment so may not see it. I got em all done I guess, says I have earned the emblem

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
its pretty much all but confirmed that year 1 weapons/gear won't ascend to the taken king higher light levels, so they will probably be useless. so not much point in spending a lot of time in getting gear now, since you won't be using any of it past sept 15th. I just spend an hour or two every tuesday doing nightfalls and then i'm pretty much done, grinding eris morn rep on my hunter just so i can be rank 4 on all my chars but thats like 10 mins a day.

this weeks nightfall is hilariously easy, with queensbow (new exotic) the 2nd boss dies in 3 shots to the turret on his left side, the boss dies at the end before he even moves from his first spot. it took my destinylfg group 8 mins to complete each run, 30 mins total for all my weekly destiny needs. yay!

bungie also added a new emblem/shader for people who complete 10 tasks before sep 9th, you can track it here
Destiny Companion | Bungie.net

PSn is down at the moment so may not see it. I got em all done I guess, says I have earned the emblem
Thanks for the info..played banner all week and got 2 toons to 34.

Cannot seem to get a 32 POW without a Gally rocketlauncher...eveyone seems to want you to have it.

I won't sweat it that much , if the gear is going to change.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
What a letdown for Bungie Day. I already had the emblem completed so didn't even have to log in, and we can't claim the reward for 2 more months. PSN has been down all day so couldn't log in even if i wanted to.

Would have much preferred some rare drop fluff items that we'd have to hunt down.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
its pretty much all but confirmed that year 1 weapons/gear won't ascend to the taken king higher light levels, so they will probably be useless. so not much point in spending a lot of time in getting gear now, since you won't be using any of it past sept 15th.
Where have you heard that from? Would be an interesting move by Bungie that I don't think would be very popular.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unfortunately they have to not allow ascending (other than exotics probably) or taken king will be as irrelevant as HoW. VoC and Fatebringer are all you need.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would be odd to put in a system such as Ascension, then disable it. Oh well. So Xur sold Gally during the first month of Destiny and I didn't have the coins to get both Gally + chest item, since then I've never seen Gally for sale or as a drop. Until today. Got a legendary engram from a Nightfall that turned into a Gally. Yay. Ran Crota for the first time, and my second piece of loot during the raid... Gally. So, two in one day.

Expect Xur to sell Gally on Friday.

Xevy

Log Wizard
First time my group attempted Skolas last night. Light Switch modifier. Fuck that noise. 90% of our death's were Captains blinking to us and meleeing, coming out of doors next to us and meleeing, or vandals jumping to us and meleeing. What a fucking pain.

I also LOL @ everytime a new expansion is mentioned and some one says "DON'T BOTHER PLAYING, NEW EXPANSION IS GOING TO MAKE ALL WEAPONS ARMOR USELESS". Well, yes and no. I still have a bunch of old school weapons (Fate Bringer, Praedyth, Jolder's Hammer 1.0) that are some of the best weapons you can get. Hasn't been true yet. Your armor, besides exotics, will be garbage, but that's how MMO's (which this is at least attempting to be) are. Xpac---> New gear. Saying it's not worth playing until then is retarded. Then you'll gear up in 2 weeks and say "OH NO REASON TO PLAY GUYS, NEXT EXPAC IS 3 MONTHS AWAY AND EVERYTHING WILL BE GARBAGE!"

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
i just can't play any shooter with a controller ... anyone any success to use mouse keyboard with PS4 ? (not even sure its supported by Destiny)
The chance that Destiny gets a PC version is like 0 or ?