Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
These prices are fucking ridiculous, I don't understand how that's acceptable...
Depends on how much content there is. If it is a full blown expansion with 3-4 new planets you can travel around with, 20-30 new story missions, 1-2 raids and the 3 missing class specializations, it could be worth $40. Knowing Destiny, however, it will be one planet, 5 missions, a raid sometime when the stars are right and the clas specializations will consist of a mix of the current two with a new super that will be so broken its either totaly useless or over-powered like a mofo
smile.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well Thorn won't be a two headshot kill with the DoT anymore. Fuck me. At least TLW got wrecked.

Column_sl

shitlord
I doubt 2.0.0 will land anytime soon. Probly a week before Taken King imo.

They will just load out the pvp shit in advance, like Thorn, Final round, and Last Word glitch.

Column_sl

shitlord
My son just got his this last week. He is going to be pissed.

He got Titan and Hunter to 34 that I left him at like 28 when I quit playing and then yesterday got a Warlock from 1-30 in a day with no previous armor stored up.
Even with the changes I bet it will still be the best heavy. What they are really nerfing is Gally Burn which allowed you to bypass any raid mechanics they put in the game.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Even with the changes I bet it will still be the best heavy. What they are really nerfing is Gally Burn which allowed you to bypass any raid mechanics they put in the game.
Yeah, I read the update and I tried to explain all of this to him about TTK and how they equalize weapons but he didn't understand game design and just started giving me a list of guns he wanted nerf because he dies to them in PVP.

I am going to go home tonight and make him read the article and write me an essay on it before he can play again!!

Oh and he got the Warlock to 32 from 1 in only 2 days. That kid needs better hobbies.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I knew gjallarhorn nerf had to come eventually, but icebreaker and blackhammer too? Come on. If you haven't read it yet, IB now has an 8 second recharge per shot instead of 5, and blackhammer white nail perk pulls ammo from reserve instead of being unlimited.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Gjally needed the nerf, however it will still be #1

Thorn... yeah

TLW needed an effective range nerf pretty badly

IB...the fuck? So they want us to "bring the picnic table" and stay at our spots for a longer time? Thats the solution to a problem that does not exist?

Blackhammer, fine with the change, it has been way too good for way too long. In effect it has been better then any other weapon (yes, including the Gjally) at killing most bosses.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the change to Hard Light, and the general buff to AR's, though I wonder if the nerf to year one perks will offset those. The nerf to IB seems a bit drastic and poorly thought out...maybe go from 5 to 6, rather than 8. So is Gjally the only RL that has tracking cluster bombs? I thought I had a leggo RL that had them too, but maybe the shell just breaks into clusters within its blast radius. Kinda worried how the change/nerf to Fusion Rifles will effect the Mythoclast.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The ghorn has wolfpack rounds that are seeking mini missiles. I think the bigger issue is that there are no other rocket launchers that offer anything comparable rather than the ghorn's damage. The dragon's breath could be good but the solar grenade just lays there and targets move out of it as they do with the cluster bombs from the hunger of crota. The ghorn has all the perks you want, too. It has tracking, high velocity, holds more than 1 in the tube and throw in additional tracking damaging missiles and it's the top dog.

Column_sl

shitlord
I would be real curious if the new Hunter damage buff works with Gally now, and this effects it's damage.

I know Tier 1 myth busted the fact that titan bubble doesn't effect the rounds. They slowed down the video, and could see the damage numbers increasing with weapons of light on a static boss.

I haven't tested this myself, but I doubt they are lieing given they held the record in many Raid events, and came up with a lot of the cheesy strats people were using like double swords on crota etc.

Now if weapons and this new hunter buff stack on gally, it won't even matter if they nerfed it.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Not getting the warm and fuzzies about the upcoming weapon re-balancing. They are nerfing ALOT of mainstream weapons and Bungie hasn't exactly been stellar on hitting the mark on weapon balance in the past.

Column_sl

shitlord
Just talking pvp, I don't think the Last Word was enough. It's time to kill didn't get effected at all, and that is what made that gun a mofuka. The 111 glitch just made it easier.

Even Thorn will still be very viable.

We will have to see if the new meta of Pulse Rifles, and Autorifles is too much.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Part of their new void tree

GloamRanger : Reduces incoming damage, and buffs outgoing damage for your tethered fire team
Ah, thats a perk for their new Super. Kinda like a Ward of Dawn with Blessing+weapons, but without total dmg immunity. Could be fun.

spronk

FPS noob
i wonder if 2.0 comes out right around taken king if that means current items/weapons will be ascendable. nerfing stuff like bh/gally only makes sense in the context of them still being useful in new content

otherwise honestly just can't get myself to give a shit about anything coming out of bungie's mouths, what they say and what ends up happening are so far apart always

Column_sl

shitlord
I can almost guarantee all 1st year weapons will not be ascend-able other then exotics.

It's because they are lazy as hell with the vault space thing, and need another excuse to make to people.

I find it very hard to believe their excuse about last gen holding them back on inventory space.