Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok, it never ate my first code - finally got it to go.

And good news for you Soygen - after it DL's the small "launcher" portion it still continues to DL the game proper afterwords as well - apparently the launcher version is just a "quick DL" thing cuz I've not loaded my client yet and it's reporting 1350 MB/12 GB and increasing rapidly on the information panel for the Beta. (actually up almost 200 MB before I finished the sentence, it's speedy - should be done for you when you get home if the remote DL starts)

And spare codes from me now: (again, let people know if they're used)

8794-P8N3-4L3Q
3BA5-2EN3-6D2K

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I activated on the webpage and then downloaded from within the online Store on the PS4. After a few aborted tries at connecting it made it past the authentication and is now downloading the 10.97 GB. The concept art they show during this process is quite nice though.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
wow...the last safe city on Earth....wow

kufuhlX.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ok, it never ate my first code - finally got it to go.

And good news for you Soygen - after it DL's the small "launcher" portion it still continues to DL the game proper afterwords as well - apparently the launcher version is just a "quick DL" thing cuz I've not loaded my client yet and it's reporting 1350 MB/12 GB and increasing rapidly on the information panel for the Beta. (actually up almost 200 MB before I finished the sentence, it's speedy - should be done for you when you get home if the remote DL starts)
I tried to use my 1st code and it said it had been redeemed and thank you

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Got back into the store, entered my code, and as it's verifying, it seems to have gone down again.
frown.png

Are the servers just as laggy or is it fine once you connect to the game?

Vaclav

I tried to use my 1st code and it said it had been redeemed and thank you
It did for me too, it took like 30 min or so but it eventually showed in DLs with that code. (even though I'd gotten to see it there for a split second previously it wasn't showing for the in between)

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got the beta downloaded and installed, then it requires another update to play, but it's only 24MB. This is on PS3.

Vaclav

Sounds like a line from a 70's song.
If I had any talent at such things - you'd be inspiring me to see how a Destiny machinima to the Buck Roger's theme would work.... But alas, I can only envision it, making it real is not in my skillset.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I missed it, but did Bungie ever specify how long this would last?!

Edit: NM. Ends 7/27 ;(

Heckler_sl

shitlord
So I pre-loaded the client with the pre-order trick. Ended up not working, so after putting in my code, I deleted the client. Now, how do I manually download the beta client?

Vaclav

Maybe I missed it, but did Bungie ever specify how long this would last?!
"The Destiny beta begins tomorrow, July 17, for PS3 and PS4, before coming to Xbox 360 and Xbox One on July 23. The beta ends on July 27. To guarantee yourself a spot in the beta, you'll need to preorder a copy of the game."

There's a downtime day in the middle the article I'm copying from doesn't mention though - I think the 22nd?

Vaclav

So I pre-loaded the client with the pre-order trick. Ended up not working, so after putting in my code, I deleted the client. Now, how do I manually download the beta client?
If you have the code entered and it's on PS4 - it should be in your "Download List" on the PSN Store.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
In the Store under Games should be a section for the Beta client, this is seperate from the featured "pre-order for beta access" page.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Alright, yeah, finally got through. Sheez, what a mess. Probably going to need to let this download overnight though, given the speed it's going at.