Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
So where can I find a raid group for King's Fall? I'm light level 297 nightstalker hunter, on PS4.

I've beat the first boss, group disbanded on 2nd boss, I understand how to do the fight though!

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just picked this up the other day, and have a Hunter to 20 so far. Should I be trying to keep Bladedancer leveled alongside Gunslinger, or just focus on one or the other?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Max out 1 prior to getting Nightstalker if possible - If pvping alot then bladedancer is still relevant - but not as/so much in PVE

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I finally used LFG to find a newbie PUG raid and it went pretty well, up til Oryx. We had the mechanics down, but our biggest issue was not being able to stun Oryx or having the detonations do very, very little damage to him even when there were 4 detonation messages on the screen. We ended up getting frustrated after a couple hours.

Is there some small window within which all the detonations need to take place, regardless of seeing them all mentioned on screen? It was pretty depressing to see them, but seeing only like 10% dmg to Oryx.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Sometimes I think the detonations don't really trigger even if you see the message, we've run into the same thing.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've had that happen too where the detonation message didn't do any damage. We went back to orbit and reloaded the instance. Seemed to fix the issue.

spronk

FPS noob
So I finally used LFG to find a newbie PUG raid and it went pretty well, up til Oryx. We had the mechanics down, but our biggest issue was not being able to stun Oryx or having the detonations do very, very little damage to him even when there were 4 detonation messages on the screen. We ended up getting frustrated after a couple hours.

Is there some small window within which all the detonations need to take place, regardless of seeing them all mentioned on screen? It was pretty depressing to see them, but seeing only like 10% dmg to Oryx.
There is no bug with detonations not hitting him. The two people who are not doing detonations need to constantly DPS him (with their primaries is fine) to keep his chest "open" for the bombs to hit. If one of them stops DPSing or dies or whatever then the bombs will do zero damage to him. There is no visual cue or anything that the chest closes, other than the bomb detonations doing no damage to him. The relic holder can & should use touch of malice for this part, its great since you can basically stream bullets into him non stop. Just using ToM is dangerous since if you forget to reload in the shadow realm you will kill yourself, fast.

I've seen a number of groups say "oh, it must be a bug, lets make someone else fireteam leader" but nah its one guy who forgot to keep shooting oryx's chest

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I really need to set aside time and run nonstop Omnigul strike, SABER, and Echo Chamber for those strike-specific legendaries. The Omnigul pulse rifle looks amazing for PVP

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...e_to_get_them/
Man those things are so fucking rare its crazy. Ive ran tons of fucking strikes, 36, 41, even 20s and I have only scored 2 of those things, the saber helmet for warlock and the scout rifle from Valus. And I run about 5-10 strikes per day on any given day.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Titan is a hair from 309 and with weapons from him I think the hunter is at 306, time to work on the warlock.

Going to finish the Hunter's ToM this week also. Got my son's account to 300 and raid complete also. That was within one week of starting fresh.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Man those things are so fucking rare its crazy. Ive ran tons of fucking strikes, 36, 41, even 20s and I have only scored 2 of those things, the saber helmet for warlock and the scout rifle from Valus. And I run about 5-10 strikes per day on any given day.
Seems it takes about 10-15 runs from what I am reading online for each one. I have the Machine gun, (2) Valus scout rifles, and a Solar Mantle right now.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I got the Scout Rifle right away but I really prefer my Suros Scout Rifle from the Gunsmith weapon order. It has a really good ammo capacity, really good stopping power and is dead on accurate.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My scout rolled with firefly and stability and it has 20 in the clip. Its nice for pvp and pve. Its the same archetype as 1st yr gelions demise which was my fave. I ran IB 1st yr especially for that to drop. I have the hung jury too from vendor and its nice too. But those were more important yr1 where it was either exotic in special or heavy if you had truth or gjally. But this time around i find myself using yr 2 suros, red death, zhalo and even ju ju when im lazy. For secondary i end up using eirene rr4 and sword for heavy in pve or barons hmg for pvp.

Oh I got a nice purp suros ar last night to drop from a blue engram it rolled with smallbore and stability and was tearing shit up in crucible with it med short range. Longer i prefer red death or ju ju. That ju ju is pretty good in pvp i was surprised how good it was even at range. The hawksaw is damn good too I have it for my warlock alt and it can pretty much go toe to toe with any gun at med range.

I even saw someone rolling with the zhalo last night in crucible so i tried it and in med range its a monster. It pretty much chews through people but does not have the range I would like. So it looks like med range ars are good, a bit longer is where the pulses shine and of course if you like to camp the outskirts of maps scouts are damn good, especially on those long range control maps.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So... Tried a pug raid via destinylfg... Didnt even get done with the gate opening before people started leaving (people jerkin off, etc). This is why I do not like pugs...

Anyone doing raid tonight or tomorrow have a spot? I haven't done the raid but I feel pretty good in knowing the strats (there are some fantastic youtube videos out there).

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So... Tried a pug raid via destinylfg... Didnt even get done with the gate opening before people started leaving (people jerkin off, etc). This is why I do not like pugs...

Anyone doing raid tonight or tomorrow have a spot? I haven't done the raid but I feel pretty good in knowing the strats (there are some fantastic youtube videos out there).
I have work until 10PM the next two days but Wed/Thur if you see a_skeleton_03 on I will raid with you.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Hey a_skeleton_03, what time zone?

The GF and I are going to try and find some pickup group in around 2 hours (8:30 Mountain time, after the kids go to sleep), but we have no plans Wed or Thursday night this week, maybe we could plan a whole group of us nerds?

We've only had a chance to try the raid once, made it to the first boss before the group fell apart. A couple of the guys we were with sounded about 10 years old.... Anyway, would love to try it without the hassle of pugs
smile.png
If anyone wants to run this thing tonight that would be great too. We've watched the fights, know the mechanics, I'm just not at motivated to put shit together and run it myself anymore. Blame WoW for killing my desire for any kind of leadership in gaming anymore. heh

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Wed/Thur I don't work at all so I will just kind of be around all day.

Do we have six people interested in a weekly group? I led raids for Atheon and know this raid well enough with 3 classes geared enough for it.

Just add a_skeleton_03 on PSN. Post here if you would like a weekly group.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Wed/Thur I don't work at all so I will just kind of be around all day.

Do we have six people interested in a weekly group? I led raids for Atheon and know this raid well enough with 3 classes geared enough for it.

Just add a_skeleton_03 on PSN. Post here if you would like a weekly group.
I'd definitely be down for a weekly group.