Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Does sword type matter? I was thinking about switching to sun warlock, but I've got the arc sword.
I could see Arc being the most usable due to its ability being ranged. Void has the benefits of being able to block arc/solar which is used the most by mobs/bosses in this expansion. Solar does the most damage, but requires you to be up-close-and-personal.

spronk

FPS noob
Does sword type matter? I was thinking about switching to sun warlock, but I've got the arc sword.
not really. exotic sword is way better than legendary. the best use of the sword is for going into third person mode for the raid jumping puzzle stuff. other than that the sword isn't all that useful except for some very specific situations, like dust palace (this weeks nightfall) killing the last 3 psions fast.

crone - wait till you get to level 34 and the taken king stuff, virtually everyone agrees its 10x better than the original year 1 stuff. Also be sure to PVP every once in a while, its a really fun part of the game. dunno if you can queue for it yet but this weeks weekly pvp is mayhem clash, which is super fun. I love mayhem mode as a titan, popping your super every 30-60 secs and wrecking shit never gets old

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im not sure when you'd ever take sword off - Rockets are useless for everything in the game along with machine guns - I dont think ive taken my sword off in any situation since release(raid included) I can pretty much stick to primary and secondary for everything else. I use sword pretty much at some point in every boss fight aside from Golg and in every strike - I doubt id be enjoying the game half as much if i wasnt running around in 3rd person 60% of the time.

Im not sure when you'd ever take sword off - Rockets are useless for everything in the game along with machine guns - I dont think ive taken my sword off in any situation since release(raid included) I can pretty much stick to primary and secondary for everything else. I use sword pretty much at some point in every boss fight aside from Golg and in every strike - I doubt id be enjoying the game half as much if i wasnt running around in 3rd person 60% of the time.
Heavy Machine gun def has uses in raid once out of black spindle ammo, besides that I agree. I really like the swords and if you get good at blocking you will save your self quite often.

Whos doing hard mode when it launches? I'm looking for a group. 308 titan, can be 309 if I infuse which I will do.

Anyone know if Bungie confirmed raid will drop double hard mode loot or not like VOG? Not sure if I should run normal this week, skipped it at reset due to uncertainty.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It should as far as i know - i have heavy machine gun but when spindle runs out the boss is generally dead - on Golg the machine gun dmg is pretty meager too - the SS however fuckin wrecks on him..

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just beat the heart of the black garden. I assume this was the end of the original game?

spronk

FPS noob
hard mode oryx will drop normal loot + hard loot if you have not done normal mode, or only hard mode loot if you have done normal. it won't be double hard drops like crota/vog, but in those raids hard and normal pretty much shared loot tables with a few items that only dropped in one or the other. in normal oryx everything is 300-310, in hard oryx everything should be 310-320. hard oryx will also guarantee one hard drop at oryx himself.

so basically no reason not to clear normal first this week, then see how far you can get in hard. it may require farming the first few bosses to get enough gear to do the last few, or people may be able to just clear it with 305-310 gear. won't know for another day. after this week though probably will only make sense to clear hard oryx and skip normal, assuming you get a few 310-320 pieces from a hard clear then everything in normal will be trash.

yeah end of black garden was end of the vanilla destiny story.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
I could raid tonight after 9 EST. PS4 Posiedan48

305 Warlock without ToM. I have run the raid a few times, most comfortable as floater.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Will be interesting... Bungie said that HM will basically need a ToM. Problem is, unless there is constant invulnerability phases, I cannot see how ToM will be useful.

spronk

FPS noob
Will be interesting... Bungie said that HM will basically need a ToM. Problem is, unless there is constant invulnerability phases, I cannot see how ToM will be useful.
I doubt its true but with cocoon being on every gun one theory is reloading will be disabled in fights in which case ToM could be extremely useful

also I'd expect hard mode to start at light 300 and scale up to 310 or 320 near the end. so even if you aren't 310 you probably will still be able to kill 1 or 2 bosses and get some 310 loot to help you get up. thats the usual raid MMO way anyways, and normal was exactly like that too - started at 280 and ended up 290-295

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
I doubt its true but with cocoon being on every gun one theory is reloading will be disabled in fights in which case ToM could be extremely useful

also I'd expect hard mode to start at light 300 and scale up to 310 or 320 near the end. so even if you aren't 310 you probably will still be able to kill 1 or 2 bosses and get some 310 loot to help you get up. thats the usual raid MMO way anyways, and normal was exactly like that too - started at 280 and ended up 290-295
This makes a lot of sense considering the perks on the new Strangers Rifle

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If there is some stupid gimmick like that I will probably only do HM once then. That is just stupid and tedious to have a shooter where you are penalized for shooting ...

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah you can reload - lol that would be a retarded design choice - not to mention the raid weapons are almost all pieces of shit with no purpose but to be infused into better weapons - Hopefully hardmode raid weapons are infuse fodder.