Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Don't bother with Heroic strikes. They do nothing. At least they didn't last time I played. It's all RNG from the same dynamic range when it comes to strikes.

And then once you do a raid and finally beat a boss and then get that sweet piece of exotic loot that is worse than the purple item you got in a normal strike a month before, uninstall like I did.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vanguard strikes will get you to ~310, Prison of Elders ~320. Rank up packages from crucible/vanguard/faction will help get 330
Thanks! Figured there was a "dungeon" grind aspect to it. Time to bust out the headset, just in case someone wants to talk! Some streamers still rolling Destiny take viewers on raids quite a bit, and so I figure when the time comes maybe I can get one of them to show me the raids.
smile.png

Crone

Light level is going up quickly. Up to 229 light after just a few Vanguard Strikes. I like the streak feature. Benefits those that want to grind.

Read that decrypting is based on current light level, so it's better to decrypt 1 item at a time to see if upgrade, before decrypting more, so that's what I've been doing. This part right here is my favorite part of these games, when the upgrades are coming in super fast. Happens to me in Diablo and The Division on any new character. Then you get pretty much all the gear you need and it turns into a real tedious effort to try and find the last few tiny upgrades.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thread wasn't super active anymore, but should pick up again when Rise of Iron releases September 20th.  

I'll be playing RoI, and still log on a few times a week to do stuff.

spronk

FPS noob
i think they fixed all the hacks but i haven't played in months either. i dunno why but i pre ordered rise of iron too, i expect to play for a week or two and then quit again for six months

I feel really dumb for pre ordering rise of iron now, when I actually type it out

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I still play a few days a week on XB1 and I plan on playing the new expansion. If anyone is still playing on XB1 add me and we can do some stuff, I still haven't got to try a single raid yet.

XB1 Tag: Vandeverof1

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
spronk said:
i think they fixed all the hacks but i haven't played in months either.  i dunno why but i pre ordered rise of iron too, i expect to play for a week or two and then quit again for six months

I feel really dumb for pre ordering rise of iron now, when I actually type it out

Admit it, you want the black jelly horn :)

I did the same because we have a pretty fun gaming community going that will tear through this expansion in two weeks like last time, then agree that the hard mode version of the raid (which probl will come out 1 month later) wont be worth farming due retarded exploits and a new gear reset next DLC. 

After the two weeks (and finishing the hard mode version once or twice) we will all drift away into COD:IW/Overwatch/BF:1 until something new comes along.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Still one of the best shooters around. Exited for this shit.

New reveal trailer...

Will be on cover of new gameinformer, sept issue.
September Cover Revealed – Destiny: Rise Of Iron

Artifacts will be overhauled....
Destiny Artifacts To Receive Dramatic Overhaul

New progression details....
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ls-emerge-for-destiny-rise-of-iron-58335.aspx

Plans for after Rise of Iron...
Bungie Reveals Destiny Plans After Rise Of Iron

TLDR:
  • Max level of 385 - then 400 for HM Raid (Wrath of the Machine)
  • 8 new class-agnostic artifacts that allow for special buffs to characters (remove sprintlock, 2 grenade/2 melee, reduce DOT)
  • Adding more cosmetic adjustments for armor AND weapons
  • Thorn coming back
  • Festival of Light returning in October
  • SRL Back in December
  • SRL/MoT type book to track progress of ROI
  • New Cruicible mode - "Supremecy" (?). Possibly like Kill Confirmed in CoD
  • Possibly new horde arena mode - "Archon's Forge"
  • Currently no planned implementation of brakes on the hype train
More...
  • The Iron Lord armor set will come from a Rise of Iron Record Book
  • Radiant Treasures: Confirmed Microtransactions for Ornaments.
  • New Faction (NM, FWC, DO) armor sets, sparrows, ghost shells.
  • Thorn is getting a quest to obtain it, just like Gjallarhorn.
  • The Kvostov 7G-0X is a new exotic auto rifle with a fire mode selector. It can basically be a scout, pulse, Suros Regime, or bullet hose. Also acquired from a quest.
  • Sepiks prime is back as Sepiks Perfected . And The Summoning Pits will be the Abomination Heist . Will update as I read more.
More as of 8/3/16

New gameplay video...

What's New In Destiny: Rise of Iron's Gameplay
Notes from video

• Sepiks has returned as Sepiks Perfected, looks like we battle him on way to New Social Space (could be wrong)
  • In order to Open up New Social Space, must reclaim it.
  • They consider the final mission of the story, to be awesome.
  • Nostalgia plays in the story not just for us revisting places, but for Saladin himself.
  • He is passing the torch to us, while at same time closing the door on the demons has has for fallen comrades.
  • Each Artifact lights a torch in the Social Space, could their be a secret for lighting all torches?
  • During video runs into a closed door, with Iron Lords symbol, seems important.
  • Plague lands look absolutely massive
  • They started out to make a DLC bigger than HoW but ended up making it much bigger than intended.
  • Introduced 3 new vendors including Saladin

MORE:

• Tyra (new Cryptarch at Felwinters Peak) has weekly bounties to complete. Competing all of them in a given week grants you a token to spend on one of the three new artifacts she has each week. Artifacts rotate each week and it is assumed that you can stack tokens to use on a different week. Total of 8 new artifacts that she will sell. GI described these bounties as "not-too grindy" and shouldn't take that long to complete each week.

• The farther you travel into the Plaguelands, the more industrial and SIVA-infested it gets.

• There are chests scattered around the Plaguelands that are "mimic chests" - opening one of these will not grant you the regular glimmer/mats/etc. but something bad will happen (whatever that means). Don't know if there's a way to distinguish between a normal chest and a fake chest.

• New set of calcified fragments to collect in the Plaguelands called Dormant SIVA Clusters. Less than 50 to collect, don't know the exact number.

• New dead ghosts to collect as well.

• To make up for the lack of Cayde-6 "humor" dialogue, the ghost has been given more of a personality. Also a lot of Lord Saladin dialogue.

• Five (5) main story missions but there are quests that stem out after you complete the campaign. Similar to TTK, as there were only 8 main story missions in TTK.

• Nostalgic scene (or mission) where you travel throughout the transformed locations of the Cosmodrome with your ghost.

• Also, not every location from the Cosmodrome has been re-skinned and accessible during the new Plaguelands patrol. So far, we know we can access the Wall, The Divide, Rocketyard, Refinery, The Blast, and The Devil's Lair. Don't know if you can travel to any of the other old locations.

• New raid - Wrath of the Machine - can be summed up as being a "collision" of a raid ("smashing s--t into other s--t" as they put it). Not really sure what that means. In addition, a good portion of the raid takes place outdoors and you can actually see raid locations during patrol and during missions.

• Video coming out soon interviewing the raid team about their process designing a raid. No spoilers in this video, so don't watch it looking for information on the new raid.

• Also another video coming out very soon interviewing the story team behind Rise of Iron.

• Archons Forge - the new PvE arena - can be described as a mix between Court of Oryx and Prison of Elders. Instead of fighting a boss like in CoO, you fight waves of enemies first, and then you fight the boss at the end. Archons Forge is the size of a PoE arena. Less focus on mechanics like the CoO bosses and more of a focus on killing enemies. Different difficulty tiers just like in CoO. Not sure if this is a public event thing in patrol or an event you select on the director or what, but they said at the end of the month they will describe it more in-depth.

• New strike takes place in the Plaguelands, has different routes that open up each run. For example, in the podcast they mentioned that in their playthrough, there was a part where the paths split but only one path was open. Bungie told them that in other playthroughs, the other path/door could be open. Strike has to do with SIVA and the Hive.

• Phogoth strike on Moon and Sepiks Prime strike on Earth have been revamped and brought forward into year 3. Both strikes have gotten graphical overhauls, audio overhauls (for example, the opening dialogue is different for those strikes), and involve a lot of SIVA. Both bosses have been SIVA-infected.

• New Crucible mode Supremacy is exactly like Kill Confirmed from the Call of Duty series. Kill a guardian, pick up his/her fallen engram to score a point. If a teammate dies, pick up their fallen engram to deny the other team a point. Don't know if you get points for kills but if it's anything like Kill Confirmed you only get points for picking up the fallen token (dog tag in CoD, engram in Destiny).

• A lot of new armor sets, exclusive armor sets from the Raid (obviously), Iron Banner, Iron Lord set (from completing the Rise of Iron record book), Archons Forge set, Trials set, and probably a bunch of new vendor gear.

• Record book for Rise of Iron rewards shaders, emblems, the Iron Lord armor set, and a special ghost shell. Works just like the Moments of Triumph book where every xx% completed you unlock something.

• Ornaments work just like Chroma does that was introduced in the April update. It is a upgrade slot on special gear sets (exotic armor and weapons, the Iron Lords armor set from the record book, the Raid gear all confirmed) to change the physical appearance of a piece of armor or the color of a weapon. You apply the ornament per armor piece, so you would need to apply 4 ornaments to cover all 4 armor pieces. There's probably more gear/weapons that ornaments work on, but that's all that is confirmed so far. I'm assuming you can use them on Raid weapons too.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
And it launches on my Bday, I expect a basket full of dildos and this expansion.

Make it so.

Fadaar

That guy
Faggots better release Destiny 2 on PC. Main reason I haven't put many hours into it since the first two months.

Crone

Kind of stopped playing again. WoW took over my freetime... I'm bad like that. I go full in on one game or another. :(

Was getting my light level up and everything too, cuz a few of the smaller streamers do raids with viewers, would have been neat to get shown the ropes!

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I hope its better then the last expansion where it took two weeks to run through the ship, do the normal raid and then be bored and drift into other games. The gunplay is amazing, the lack of dedicated servers and content is horrible.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Updated the first post with more infos that came out today. More to follow tomorrow I guess.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You know what would be nice of them to do? Fix the damn loot system.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They did in april this year. More loot is dropping now from activities and the upgrade system is 1:1 now, no more step upgrading. So if you have your favorite gun and its at 280 and another shit gun drops at 335, you can upgrade the 280 right to 335 with one infusion.