Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sorry man I didnt see it before I premature ejaculated this one. i was just excited about new site.

spronk

FPS noob
They did in april this year. More loot is dropping now from activities and the upgrade system is 1:1 now, no more step upgrading. So if you have your favorite gun and its at 280 and another shit gun drops at 335, you can upgrade the 280 right to 335 with one infusion.

Oh thank God, that shit was insane when a 280 item would go to like 299 with a 300 infusion, you had to do all this fucking math to figure out the best way to upgrade something

I assume there isn't any real reason to play between now and Iron, I did get an email about getting year 2 badge for doing a bunch of shit but since 90% of them were unfilled I doubt I'll get it done, especially with a character who has only basic taken king gear plus who gives a shit about janky old badges

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah but you know its not going to be the same. Its still shows up in reg crucible. It had a reappearance after the great pulse rifle nerf of 2016. Anyway, people were dusting them off from the vault when hand cannons got a buff. The thorn was still a beast. 3 body shot all day long with the burn. But now they nerfed it to be like any of the other hand cannons. 2 dmg tick. Its still one of the best hand cannons for range, rate of fire and feel though. But its only a shadow of its former glory. All the sweaties still use them in their matches.

I use a 88/8 auto rifle now in crucible and I destroy with it right now. I just happen to get a god roll hakannons hatchet with almost max stability and rifled barrel on it. Its like the same as a monte carlo archetype. Hawksaws are still good, The Last Word is good if you can get in range. And of course the bullet hose ARs are good too. Many people farmed Grasp of Malok from the Omnighoul strike so that one is good too if you get a good roll. But I think this is a great time for crucible right now. You see all kinds of shit being used, not just thorn vs tlw. Hand cannons are decent, some pulses are decent, scouts rule the big maps, and the ARs finally made it back to some of their former Yr1 glory. I even think they did a good job balancing the shottys. The snipes are still out of control though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They did in april this year. More loot is dropping now from activities and the upgrade system is 1:1 now, no more step upgrading. So if you have your favorite gun and its at 280 and another shit gun drops at 335, you can upgrade the 280 right to 335 with one infusion.

Ok that's a pretty nice change. So basically, just to make sure I understand, can I infuse different class weapons? For instance I have a 280 Sniper and a 330 shotgun drops, can I infuse the Shotgun to the Sniper and suddenly have a 330 sniper? With that said how about drops themselves. I was getting 299-300 items out of normal strikes. And in raids, even lesser. Did they put a minimum on what can drop out of a raid so I am not getting loot from a raid that's worse than what I got from a normal strike? Or is that still random?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Normal raids drop up to 320, hardmode up to 335. But drops are now tailored to your level. So if you are say, 225 and go do hardmode raid, the loot will usually drop +4 or+5 so you will get a 230ish item. So there is still some grinding to do, but way better than before.

Strikes drop up to 310. Including blues that can go up to 310 now.
Thee of coins exotic engrams decrypt up to 335.
Nighfall tier (including Shaxxfall PvP nightfall) is up to 335
Vendor rank packages are up to 330
Iron Banner is up to 335
Trials is up to 335

Normal raid is 320 hardmode is up to 335.

When I got back I was like 312 or some shit? Now im sitting at like 330-331 on all my characters and I dont even raid. I mostly do PvP type shit with some strike grinding for 3oC until I get bored.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Question;

Is the new raid the one they dropped from HoW or is it something completly new? It was discussed earlier this year that they would use the cut raid from that DLC; Rumor: Destiny’s Rise of Iron Expansion Features Fallen Raid

"Sources say Destiny‘s fall expansion will feature a raid featuring the Fallen, based on a raid that was cut from last year’s House of Wolves expansion."

Regarding the page about what is to be expected after ROI it seems it will be a reuse of old events until Destiny 2.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Normal raids drop up to 320, hardmode up to 335. But drops are now tailored to your level. So if you are say, 225 and go do hardmode raid, the loot will usually drop +4 or+5 so you will get a 230ish item. So there is still some grinding to do, but way better than before.

Strikes drop up to 310. Including blues that can go up to 310 now.
Thee of coins exotic engrams decrypt up to 335.
Nighfall tier (including Shaxxfall PvP nightfall) is up to 335
Vendor rank packages are up to 330
Iron Banner is up to 335
Trials is up to 335

Normal raid is 320 hardmode is up to 335.

When I got back I was like 312 or some shit? Now im sitting at like 330-331 on all my characters and I dont even raid. I mostly do PvP type shit with some strike grinding for 3oC until I get bored.

Ok that sounds a lot better than before. At least now it scales to level. I was light 298 and on a raid got a 276 gun and that is when I was done.

Now the question is, play now and get some new stuff, or just wait for the expec because everything is going to be outdated and I will catch up faster. Ala, WoW.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Ok that sounds a lot better than before. At least now it scales to level. I was light 298 and on a raid got a 276 gun and that is when I was done.

Now the question is, play now and get some new stuff, or just wait for the expec because everything is going to be outdated and I will catch up faster. Ala, WoW.

I am taking the "play after expac" route. Unfortunatly Im on vaccation from the 21st of sept. so I guess my group will have to carry me to victory when I get back ^ ^ Damn, was the same thing last year, what is it with Bungie and september launches!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
More info today. Feel free to edit into first post Mkopec.

Game Informer Podcast found here

summary of podcast (taken from DTG Reddit)

First hour is dedicated to Rise of Iron.

SUMMARY OF NEW INFO:

• Tyra (new Cryptarch at Felwinters Peak) has weekly bounties to complete. Competing all of them in a given week grants you a token to spend on one of the three new artifacts she has each week. Artifacts rotate each week and it is assumed that you can stack tokens to use on a different week. Total of 8 new artifacts that she will sell. GI described these bounties as "not-too grindy" and shouldn't take that long to complete each week.

• The farther you travel into the Plaguelands, the more industrial and SIVA-infested it gets.

• There are chests scattered around the Plaguelands that are "mimic chests" - opening one of these will not grant you the regular glimmer/mats/etc. but something bad will happen (whatever that means). Don't know if there's a way to distinguish between a normal chest and a fake chest.

• New set of calcified fragments to collect in the Plaguelands called Dormant SIVA Clusters. Less than 50 to collect, don't know the exact number.

• New dead ghosts to collect as well.

• To make up for the lack of Cayde-6 "humor" dialogue, the ghost has been given more of a personality. Also a lot of Lord Saladin dialogue.

• Five (5) main story missions but there are quests that stem out after you complete the campaign. Similar to TTK, as there were only 8 main story missions in TTK.

• Nostalgic scene (or mission) where you travel throughout the transformed locations of the Cosmodrome with your ghost.

• Also, not every location from the Cosmodrome has been re-skinned and accessible during the new Plaguelands patrol. So far, we know we can access the Wall, The Divide, Rocketyard, Refinery, The Blast, and The Devil's Lair. Don't know if you can travel to any of the other old locations.

• New raid - Wrath of the Machine - can be summed up as being a "collision" of a raid ("smashing s--t into other s--t" as they put it). Not really sure what that means. In addition, a good portion of the raid takes place outdoors and you can actually see raid locations during patrol and during missions.

• Video coming out soon interviewing the raid team about their process designing a raid. No spoilers in this video, so don't watch it looking for information on the new raid.

• Also another video coming out very soon interviewing the story team behind Rise of Iron.

• Archons Forge - the new PvE arena - can be described as a mix between Court of Oryx and Prison of Elders. Instead of fighting a boss like in CoO, you fight waves of enemies first, and then you fight the boss at the end. Archons Forge is the size of a PoE arena. Less focus on mechanics like the CoO bosses and more of a focus on killing enemies. Different difficulty tiers just like in CoO. Not sure if this is a public event thing in patrol or an event you select on the director or what, but they said at the end of the month they will describe it more in-depth.

• New strike takes place in the Plaguelands, has different routes that open up each run. For example, in the podcast they mentioned that in their playthrough, there was a part where the paths split but only one path was open. Bungie told them that in other playthroughs, the other path/door could be open. Strike has to do with SIVA and the Hive.

• Phogoth strike on Moon and Sepiks Prime strike on Earth have been revamped and brought forward into year 3. Both strikes have gotten graphical overhauls, audio overhauls (for example, the opening dialogue is different for those strikes), and involve a lot of SIVA. Both bosses have been SIVA-infected.

• New Crucible mode Supremacy is exactly like Kill Confirmed from the Call of Duty series. Kill a guardian, pick up his/her fallen engram to score a point. If a teammate dies, pick up their fallen engram to deny the other team a point. Don't know if you get points for kills but if it's anything like Kill Confirmed you only get points for picking up the fallen token (dog tag in CoD, engram in Destiny).

• A lot of new armor sets, exclusive armor sets from the Raid (obviously), Iron Banner, Iron Lord set (from completing the Rise of Iron record book), Archons Forge set, Trials set, and probably a bunch of new vendor gear.

• Record book for Rise of Iron rewards shaders, emblems, the Iron Lord armor set, and a special ghost shell. Works just like the Moments of Triumph book where every xx% completed you unlock something.

• Ornaments work just like Chroma does that was introduced in the April update. It is a upgrade slot on special gear sets (exotic armor and weapons, the Iron Lords armor set from the record book, the Raid gear all confirmed) to change the physical appearance of a piece of armor or the color of a weapon. You apply the ornament per armor piece, so you would need to apply 4 ornaments to cover all 4 armor pieces. There's probably more gear/weapons that ornaments work on, but that's all that is confirmed so far. I'm assuming you can use them on Raid weapons too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The above looks pretty decent. I really hope they listened to Blizzard when they came to pay them a visit on the rest of the loot and maintain the changes made that Mkopec talked about.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got up to 250 something light level last night, I'm hoping to get a bit more light level then hit a few raids.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of the best QoL additions that came with the April update was a change to item upgrading, when you upgrade your 300 item with a 310, the item will become 310. That one change made raising your light level so much easier.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That exotic version of the Kvostov looks really good, will have to get it, enjoy it for a week, then watch it get nerfed into the Vault. =)