Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Time to redownload and see what changed prior to the update. Hit me up on PS4 if you see me online - NDizzl0r.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I ended up buying the Kvostov, still my only exotic.

I just realized you could eat other items to make others strong, I've deconstructed so many purples before knowing this.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Are you sure you didnt buy the Zhalo from Xur? Because the Khovstov is like next expansion. right now its only a gray gun you get from the first mission you ever do.

Hekotat

I think that name just sounded more AK'ish. I bought the AK with the lighting bolts.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zhalo is the only elemental primary in year 2, so definitely great to have around. Awesome for arc burns and arc shielded enemies (and it builds your super like Bad Juju as a bonus!)

Hekotat

all I know is that I'm tried of getting sidearms for upgrades over and over and over again. Give me a fucking shotgun or fusion rifle already!

Hekotat

Anyone streamed this on their W10 machine yet? I want to know if the mouse/kb works well. Tired of my console peasant friends being able to aim better than me on a controller.

spronk

FPS noob
the game is still ps4/xbone only

bunch of big reveals on the destiny streams today, not really paying attention though. also the new super duper legendary edition is up on amazon/best buy/etc, $60 gets you base game and all expacs including Rise of Iron. $48 with gcu/amazon prime.

Kinda screws early adopters, who have no discount off their $30 upgrade fee although i guess you could reasonably view the base game + previous DLCs as costing $18.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You can get some deals on base game right now, or at least like a week ago. People were posting that places had TTK+full game for $9.99. I re-bought the full game like a month ago for $20 off PS store because I lost the fucking CD somewhere.

Anyways gamescom reveal was all about the private matches in PvP. which is really cool if a few of your buds just want to fuck around. Rep still counts but only up to blues for rewards. You can also enter solo to check out the maps. But you can set up all sorts of game types like 6vs6 elimination and shit like that. All 30 maps are in the private game mode, so even ones that you rarely or never saw are there. They even have a vehicle toggle for some of the larger ones Plus they showed more armor, weapons, some new perks.... The stream also showed 2 of the 4 new PvP maps, and the new game mode, which looked pretty good. something new.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone streamed this on their W10 machine yet? I want to know if the mouse/kb works well. Tired of my console peasant friends being able to aim better than me on a controller.

I stayed away from consoles for along time, then I discovered the glory that is xim4. It made playing on consoles much more comfortable for me.

Hekotat

Yeah I've thought of buying one of those but I think it would still be pretty rough from the couch, that and they were expensive as fuck. I know you can stream to your W10 machine now and use a Mouse and KB, I just want to know how viable it is. I would love nothing more than to shit all over these xboners.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I've thought of buying one of those but I think it would still be pretty rough from the couch, that and they were expensive as fuck. I know you can stream to your W10 machine now and use a Mouse and KB, I just want to know how viable it is. I would love nothing more than to shit all over these xboners.

Ah right, I just put my ps4 next to my computer and use my monitor to game on.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ah right, I just put my ps4 next to my computer and use my monitor to game on.

Yeah thats exactly what I do. It sits right on top of my PC. And XIM4 is a godsend for those of us who are controller challenged. Well worth the $120 or whatever I paid for it. I bought it specifically for this game. I was 100% PC gamer before Destiny.

It also really does not give you that much advantage like I thought. I mean mouse and keyboard is still champ, but these console kiddies know WTF is up thase days and they have aim assist which I hear is crazy in destiny. Also, im 43 yrs old and my twitch skills are not what they used to be, lol. But I still have a 1.1 lifetime K/D in Destiny which is not all that bad.

Im probably going to buy the new BF1 game for PS4 as well. Its just so much easier and fuss free to play on console VS PC.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Going to buy an Xbox One S to play games with my wife. She's a big fan of Destiny, but isn't very good. I don't think she was having a good time doing the group content because she felt like she was letting people down.

What kind of things can we do as a duo? My understanding is that there are some things that are 3 players and the matchmaker will just toss us a random?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, strikes which are like little dungeons for 3. House of Elders has some shit for 3 man with matchmaking.

Just practice up the 3 mans untill she feels comfortable. Get in on some old raids, which are easy now, Vault of Glass and Crota, and with the new exp even TTK will be easy. And get in on the starting floor of the new raid, which in the beginning no one will know wtf is going on. So its all good. Just have fun bro.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So some Destiny twitch streamers are raising money for St.Judes. They are up to almost $400,000 with 3 hours to go. Hop in and give them a hand with some cash. Its for a good cause.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
ZNQgonX.jpg

Over $400k and 2.5 hrs to go.