Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That one mission where the big dish raises up and a whole shitload of hive attack... the ships dropping them off shoot some purple balls that home in on you. Those fucking things dropped my PS3 to slideshow fps. That was the only time I noticed it though.

The bigger problem is the 1024x624 resolution it runs at. It's scaled up so much, and then hit with a very strong post-process filter to get rid of all the jaggies that would normally be visible, that it tends to be a blurry mess outdoors most of the time. Indoors, and in the dark, it's a lot better looking. It reminded me of playing Red Dead Redemption on the PS3, that game used an extremely low resolution too.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
That mission was fun as hell but it was 2x easier playing it with my Warlock then my Guardian. Energy drain to help recharge grenades and LOLbomb are just to awesome at dispatching waves and allowing me more reload time.

Edit: Fixed Nova mispell.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
That one mission where the big dish raises up and a whole shitload of hive attack... the ships dropping them off shoot some purple balls that home in on you. Those fucking things dropped my PS3 to slideshow fps. That was the only time I noticed it though.

The bigger problem is the 1024x624 resolution it runs at. It's scaled up so much, and then hit with a very strong post-process filter to get rid of all the jaggies that would normally be visible, that it tends to be a blurry mess outdoors most of the time. Indoors, and in the dark, it's a lot better looking. It reminded me of playing Red Dead Redemption on the PS3, that game used an extremely low resolution too.
So that's why you got wrecked by those purple orbs

lmfao

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that particular run was the worst. I'd get revived, go to move, and another orb would come on-screen and I'd be at 2 fps until it hit me.

-----------------

Back on the topic of guns, what's the name of the good scout rifle? I've got a Mitternacht and Trax Callum at L8 green, but neither of them hit the devil walker's legs for 300 like someone else (Column?) said. The only other one I've seen at lower levels is a Jigoku. Is that the one, or is there a fourth?

I kind of feel like weapon mods don't do a hell of a lot. That Mitternacht of mine tightens the reticule when I crouch, but the cone of fire is still clearly much larger than the center of it. I also have a Cydonia AR with a 'bottom half of clip does extra damage' except extra damage only means ~5% (58 -> 62 against devil walker). And a sniper rifle that claims to get a larger clip when I reload it, except I've never actually seen it with anything but 4 shots. It all sounds cool, just wish they had a greater effect.

Column_sl

shitlord
I have a heavy machine gun that when you scope in does extra damage as its perk, and its got the weapons mod on it.

I was averaging around 220ish, but in some sessions I would do 300. So I'm not sure what changed there other then my hunter perk is going off and adding extra damage.

I confused that with my rifle that does over 120 I think, maybe more.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well like a starter area in any game i expect the unique and cool weapon effects to be in the later stages of the game. I remember when they first showed destiny they showed some blue weapon named rolling thunder or some shit that looked badass but i havent seen anything of the sort thus far.

Column_sl

shitlord
Some of the low level weapons have the legendary effects on them. I've seen rolling thunder( or whatever its called) on a low level weapon before. It's random.

One of the streamers I was watching also had it on a level 6 gun.

Column_sl

shitlord
Also for people just beginning two really good videos to get you started.

You can complete this with the starter missions,and you get a free upgrade to your Bike

Also glimmer/engram farming guide

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I kind of feel like weapon mods don't do a hell of a lot. That Mitternacht of mine tightens the reticule when I crouch, but the cone of fire is still clearly much larger than the center of it. I also have a Cydonia AR with a 'bottom half of clip does extra damage' except extra damage only means ~5% (58 -> 62 against devil walker). And a sniper rifle that claims to get a larger clip when I reload it, except I've never actually seen it with anything but 4 shots. It all sounds cool, just wish they had a greater effect.
Some of them have a greater effect then others. And in different combinations. My Cydonia has improved reload speed when after a kill which is op as hell along with reload speed arms.

Stuff like 'bottom half of clip does extra damage' on a auto rifle is bad but on a fusion rifle or a shotgun its insane. It just depends on what gun it on. Getting the good combos will be the difficult part.

The trigger pull one makes pistols pretty decent. I really want to try a pulse rifle that fires in full auto. I also have a shotgun sitting in my bank that can be fired full auto with its ability.

Column_sl

shitlord
O btw, if you suck at pvp just get a fusion rifle with good modifiers on it like charge time. They can be gotten on any level.

You barely need to aim with that thing, and it takes 2 shots to kill someone, or one shot without the shield.

It's the newb cannon in this game for sure.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Cool, didn't know there was one with a reduced charge time. Was getting really pissed in the Iron matches where it took 2 shots against certain people, because you're usually dead by the 2nd try. In the first Crucible mode, it was 1 shot kill within 15 feet or so and the only disadvantage it had was against the shotgun if you were within the 5 feet range or so that the shotgun is a 1 shot kill.

Found the easiest way to improve kdr in the game is weapons. Can easily go from getting owned to destroying people with the right setup. Personally, I like running the scout rifle/fusion rifle setup. As fusion rifle seems to be better than any primary weapon in the short/medium range category, and scout rifle is just as good as sniper rifle because so long as you get the first hit, the next 2 are a given as the sniper rifle user will deal with hit dmg recoil.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Found the easiest way to improve kdr in the game is weapons. Can easily go from getting owned to destroying people with the right setup. Personally, I like running the scout rifle/fusion rifle setup. As fusion rifle seems to be better than any primary weapon in the short/medium range category, and scout rifle is just as good as sniper rifle because so long as you get the first hit, the next 2 are a given as the sniper rifle user will deal with hit dmg recoil.
Auto Rifle seems like to the go to for most people but I have been RAPED by some good players using the scout rifles to good affect.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah... I don't really like the damage on the weapons all having the same number. a lvl 8 weapon will have 51 damage on it... but an autorifle, scout rifle, a hand cannon and pulse rifle with 51 damage mean totally different things. I was hitting the devil walker's legs with a scout rifle and it would crit for 98. i'd hit the same spot with an pulse rifle and it would do 25 per hit. in the time the pulse rife could get 6 shots out, the scout rifle could get 3 or 4. so the pulse rifle 3 shot burst would do about 150 damage while the scout rifle did over 300 in about the same time frame.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
yeah... I don't really like the damage on the weapons all having the same number. a lvl 8 weapon will have 51 damage on it... but an autorifle, scout rifle, a hand cannon and pulse rifle with 51 damage mean totally different things. I was hitting the devil walker's legs with a scout rifle and it would crit for 98. i'd hit the same spot with an pulse rifle and it would do 25 per hit. in the time the pulse rife could get 6 shots out, the scout rifle could get 3 or 4. so the pulse rifle 3 shot burst would do about 150 damage while the scout rifle did over 300 in about the same time frame.
The big number is attack. Not damage. Its essentially the weapons level. The impact stat is the damage.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Question about Warlock energy drain. How does it work? Is it just tied to my normal melee(R1) attack?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yup. If you do a melee attack when it is not on cooldown then you Energy Drain instead