Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Column_sl

shitlord
BTW this is a good idea of the stats you want on a fusion rifle for normal pvp. You can get something like this pretty early on

Don't worry about the attack it does not matter.

The weapon has super high impact, and range

rrr_img_71782.jpg

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I do agree that the stats on weapons need much better description, especially with respect to Attack and Impact and the representation as a bar graph.

Attack = Chance to hit a given level opponent.
Impact = Damage done by a single action (which can be multiple shots fired for burst or fully automatic weapons)

It seems that if your Attack is high enough to hit then having any greater Attack is wasted, in that sense it mostly seems to be used against similar level enemies with increased defense or higher level targets. On the other hand having a higher impact is always useful as it increases the damage you do.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah Impact is your damage

The reason I said Attack doesnt matter in normal pvp, is that stat will not crossover.
So as you can see you can get a super good weapon for pvp with little effort.

Now the Iron banner game list is a whole nother story.

Column_sl

shitlord
It seems that if your Attack is high enough to hit then having any greater Attack is wasted, in that sense it mostly seems to be used against similar level enemies with increased defense or higher level targets.
The way I heard it explained is it is the level of your weapon, so a higher attack will effect your impact score. I don't think there is a set amount of damage it stops at.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
That may indeed be the case, I never had a chance to play around with weapons of identical Impact but different Attack numbers in any meaningful context (although I did not pay close attention when I 'leveled up' the attack on my green primary so perhaps that would have cleared things up if the Impact stayed the same)

I was more going after how if you can hit a level 8 mob for X damage then you will also hit a level 2 mob for X damage

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Scout Rifles are easily my favorite kind of weapon so far ^^

Going to be testing a lot of weapon stats and other tracking if anyone would like to compile some data on the board with me.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah I think it does way more then hit%. I believe it effects impact as well. Its really easy to test.

Just get 2 identical make guns with the same impact stats but different attack values then find a group of level 2 mobs. If the one with the higher attack value hits for more then you know it is factored into impact which calculates the damage value.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I need to be looking at the impact bar NOT the damage number? Crap, I probably threw away some good guns. I was wondering why my rifle with 55 damage seemed to take forever to kill mobs compared to some of my 39 damage weapons...the impact bar is barely visible.
frown.png
craaaaap

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like a Sahara. I recycle those pieces of shit instantly when I find them. That gun really needs to be re-balanced before release, it's utterly worthless. The other 3 ARs are pretty good with just minor variances in impact and RoF.

One thing to remember about impact though, it appears to be relative to other guns of that class so you can't compare the impact of, say, a scout to a sniper. The best scouts have 80% full impact bars, while the best sniper is only like 40% full. A sniper will still do way more damage per shot, unless the scout is much higher level/attack rating. Likewise, a high-impact fusion rifle will have 95% of the bar, but I still don't think it does more damage than a sniper even if all the shots land as precision strikes. Maybe it's a little bit more, but it's certainly not more than double.

Not sure why they made weapon stats so needlessly obtuse. This shit should all be written in plain text/hard numbers instead of vague bars with no scale marked on them.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Attack is worthless in pvp at the moment because its normalized btw. Everyone has a flat attack number and a flat defence number. All that matters are strength,discipline and your abilities given by weapons.

The iron banner however, stats matter.

One thing to remember about impact though, it appears to be relative to other guns of that class so you can't compare the impact of, say, a scout to a sniper. The best scouts have 80% full impact bars, while the best sniper is only like 40% full. A sniper will still do way more damage per shot, unless the scout is much higher level/attack rating. Likewise, a high-impact fusion rifle will have 95% of the bar, but I still don't think it does more damage than a sniper even if all the shots land as precision strikes. Maybe it's a little bit more, but it's certainly not more than double.

Not sure why they made weapon stats so needlessly obtuse. This shit should all be written in plain text/hard numbers instead of vague bars with no scale marked on them.
Its because of the damage types.

Sniper rifles and scout rifles cause Kinetic damage so there damage is more on an even plain. Fusion rifles cause void damage or fire damage or whatever they deal. So it's a different scale. Usually it does more damage to shields or a better flat damage percentage.

For instance, the last boss of The Devil's layer. That big eye thing. If you hit it in the eye with a auto rifle it does say 50dmg vs 18dmg if you hit it in the body. Fusion rifles deals 73 dmg no matter where you hit it. So I use a fusion rifle on that boss so I dont need to run around looking for the eye.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sure, but I still think that every weapon type's impact bar is on a different scale, which is why it annoys me that we can't just see numbers.

Also, my sniper rifle is solar damage. I never got to test it on the boss though to see how it compared to the 480 damage that a kinetic sniper does on a precision shot.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Sure, but I still think that every weapon type's impact bar is on a different scale, which is why it annoys me that we can't just see numbers.

Also, my sniper rifle is solar damage.
I have a feeling impact is universal but the weapon types have modifiers.

Like headshots from sniper rifles deal 3x impact.
Fusion rifles deal 2x impact but only crit shields.
etc

Testing needs to be done!

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Also has anyone farmed up a perfect set of pvp gear like I have? I got my Cydonia with the stats I wanted (reload speed) auto rifle reload arms, and auto rifle ammo legs I think it was.

It took a LONG time. Maybe 9-10 hours. And that is just to get gear to augment auto rifles. I assume that we will need gear load outs for multiple weapon types. And I was just farming uncommon types. If you want a full set of complementary rare armor its going to take ages. And I love it!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
SO much good information in this thread. Thanks for sharing it with those of us with retarded thumbs.