Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Vac you can add my PSN if you want to meet up for a strike mission. My Warlock is maxed but im likely going to try another class even tho im pretty set on being a lock.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vac you can add my PSN if you want to meet up for a strike mission. My Warlock is maxed but im likely going to try another class even tho im pretty set on being a lock.
Hah. Yea, loved 'Lock myself - wife is trying Hunter right now, and less impressed with it - not tried Titan yet.

And wife is still occupying the unit for the forseeable future so easier for you to add me since I'm not on the unit - Aszuthan is mine.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok thanks
smile.png
Signed up on the link. If anyone here has a code, if you could PM me that would be awesome. Want to throw this through the ringer.

Crone

Warlock, Hunter, Titan? wtf. These class names sound bad ass. haha! MMO on console that's actually engaging, and has enough content to keep you going? How could you lose?

I'd buy a new overstuffed recliner chair and TV in prep for it's launch!

Vaclav

Yea, only disappointment to me is there being only three classes - but we'll have to see how customizable and such is available in the longrun, in the alpha levels provided the variety is limited between the same class though.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i thought of that as well - id have liked something like 5 or so for more diversity, and im rather surprised it only has 3 classes but i guess they will be adding new ones over time or something to keep interest. However with this - DA:I, CoD, BF, Lords of Fallen, Sunset Overdrive, the holidays will sap me of all free time.

Vaclav

Yeah i thought of that as well - id have liked something like 5 or so for more diversity, and im rather surprised it only has 3 classes but i guess they will be adding new ones over time or something to keep interest. However with this - DA:I, CoD, BF, Lords of Fallen, Sunset Overdrive, the holidays will sap me of all free time.
Heh, same - I'm gonna be exhausted... exhausted but happy.

Batman, DA:I, Lords, Middle Earth, ACU, (probably) D3: Ultimate Ed, (Maybe) Evolve, Evil Within, Destiny, Alien: Isolation

Vaclav

Woot - then I'll elaborate on something I'm really happy with - I was astounded that character customization was as much as it was on an appearance standpoint, and it's actually relevant during the Tower sections since you de-helm while in town.

Some of the visuals at time are just jawdropping too - some of the sunsets breaking over a hillside are amazing, and getting to the top point of the Tower and looking down over the city... I just had to sit and stare for a minute.

Also the difficulty level seems to be on the high edge of normal - even level mobs aren't just a walk in the park compared to say BL1/2 where an even level mob would be a joke one on one barring really odd circumstance. The "Wizard" in the starting mission however did seem really rough for his difficulty for something right at the beginning solo - seems like he's intended for a group not solo but saw no indication implying that.

BTW zarcath: Since I'm too lazy to run out and buy a PS4 KBM setup ATM - the choice to have menus done the way they are seems to heavily imply KBM is supported (or will be in the future) for PS4, any ability to confirm/deny? [Would absolutely play KBM and plan on investing in some that are PS4 friendly, if so]

And of course a huge kudos from the wife... she's normally not into console shooters at all, in fact I've been trying for around two years to get her to play ME2 at the very least on the console - and she to date has never stomached it long. She's been playing Destiny now for three hours, still struggling with FPS controls with a controller - but even when she dies (which has been a bit) she's jumping right back in for more and forcing herself to learn FPS controls on a console! With how incredibly low her frustration level usually is it's really astounding how much that indicates she's enjoying it. [On a negative note, it might force me to buy her PS4 earlier than September for the bundle if she keeps up this level of addiction due to longer betas upcoming - my poor wallet]

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Nearly forgot AC:U - yep another purchase.
Oh nice i will stream some later tonight then.

I'll second Vac's comment, the game is visually amazing for it being on console. The landscapes and terrain are all well done. Sometimes it did feel like i had to scour a bit for mobs which may suck when the population increases but i am sure that they will have quicker spawns by then. I love the fact that you start(in alpha) with the hover bike and can pretty much speed around and look at everything if you want. More so i loved that if you got too curious and just went a bit beyond where you should be that you could run into ??? mobs that would curb stomp you out of no where.

I did find a few quest to keep running me back and forth to the same spot - and a few spots i thought i could reach led me to the invisible wall. There is an area full of abandoned cars, and i thought i could leap and glide over the bridge and then BAM i fell and died.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Totally loving this game. Just feels good and I really like the A.I. Really good interface that's easy to follow and understand. Was gonna say fuck this game because no master race but have changed my mind.

Vaclav

Totally loving this game. Just feels good and I really like the A.I. Really good interface that's easy to follow and understand. Was gonna say fuck this game because no master race but have changed my mind.
Master Race might be irrelevant though if it's KBM like it really feels it is/will be with how the menus work. The choice to have the left stick as a psuedo mouse in menus seems odd if they're not allowing KBM eventually.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah AI is kinda perfect so far - shit they run for cover more than me, after i got the hand cannon i just ran around guns blazing and sniped anything else.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah AI is kinda perfect so far - shit they run for cover more than me, after i got the hand cannon i just ran around guns blazing and sniped anything else.
I raged a bit today as I got pinned in a corner and they killed me with splash damage by just lobbing explosives from behind cover. Fucking campers.

One complaint though. Get rid of that out of bounds fall to your death explosion bullshit. Just put up invisible walls or something. I've got my cool ride looking for sweet jumps and some little stream turns into a fucking insta kill.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
From all this feedback, cant wait to hopefully try this out this weekend.