Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Can try to hook up (it's MP for the Alpha, right?) tomorrow - so close to finishing a plat that I can't justify taking a break from it rather than knocking out the last couple hours that'll start hitting my bedtime, heh.
Im almost l6 and im happy to run into ??? mobs sometimes and die randomly bc im not careful - makes me have higher hopes for this.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good to hear it's got a challenge level to it - I'm actually opting to stay up a bit to play it, finished the Plat for Bound by Flame and just made my char.

Pleasantly surprised by the character creation options - was expecting it to be minimal and it's quite fleshed out. (Won't say more since I didn't read the NDA completely so I'm not sure if elaborating is on the list of no-no's)

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Hoping to get out of the office in the next hour or so and get home to start the download but figured I'd ask here since you're already in...how's the movement?

One of the things a few people on my feeds keep going on about from the E3 footage is "It looks like Borderlands 2 with bad movement" but I'm just not seeing it. It seems from other comments that they all disliked Halo movement as well so it's possible they're just coming from not liking the Bungie style

Vaclav

Hoping to get out of the office in the next hour or so and get home to start the download but figured I'd ask here since you're already in...how's the movement?

One of the things a few people on my feeds keep going on about from the E3 footage is "It looks like Borderlands 2 with bad movement" but I'm just not seeing it. It seems from other comments that they all disliked Halo movement as well so it's possible they're just coming from not liking the Bungie style
Jumping is a little odd - rest seems just like BL.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I think im going to stop soon - hit 6 and i know if i dont know i will keep going till sun up - its amazingly easy to die - but i can also just suck - both are possible.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Any more codes floating around? Would love one. Send me a pm. Ill suck Dicks for it if I have to

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
What exactly is open in this alpha? Seems just three locations and crucible?

Vaclav

What exactly is open in this alpha? Seems just three locations and crucible?
Tower is available too don't forget - and it appears to me from the "grey icons" that there's another few that are there to be unlocked - but then again, they might not be unlockable yet. (There's another two "Story Zone" icons in grey and another grey icon that doesn't connect to anything else mention for the Skywatch area on my map - note: playing the Warlock class if that matters for available areas)

And Crucible apparently has 6 modes, only one available to me currently though as well.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I hit max level(alpha) then suddenly things got hard lol - mobs came out the woodworks - or maybe its just where i was. Overall very good experience - i plan to do strikes when they have more people around to queue up - even tho im max level i plan to keep mucking around a bit.

Im not all quite sure we can say here regarding the alpha, but could easily see myself playing this 4-6 hours a day without noticing how much time has gone by.

Crone

XXexx, this have potential to beat Diablo 3?! Need something new, since I'm burned out farming gears that won't ever drop.
frown.png

Love you long time for alpha codes oh God's of alpha keys.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
XXexx, this have potential to beat Diablo 3?! Need something new, since I'm burned out farming gears that won't ever drop.
frown.png

Love you long time for alpha codes oh God's of alpha keys.
Honestly its a better, broader borderlands with some pretty impressive visuals(ps4), and ability to run quest, strike missions, and random encounters like that of GW2. It has a pvp area you can go to also to duke it out but i doubt they will have enough people possible till tomorrow when alpha goes live.

Vaclav

Same XXEXX, if the content level is there (say BL2 sized) this is going to be massive for me from everything I've seen so far.

Giving wife the opportunity to try this morning (Getting the Destiny bundle regardless for our copy of the game so she'll have the white PS4 since I'm getting at least my own copy).

BTW XXEXX, don't have a corded mouse ATM to test with, but it appears from the control schemata that KBM is enabled for Destiny on the PS4 to me, you tested it?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Same XXEXX, if the content level is there (say BL2 sized) this is going to be massive for me from everything I've seen so far.

Giving wife the opportunity to try this morning (Getting the Destiny bundle regardless for our copy of the game so she'll have the white PS4 since I'm getting at least my own copy).

BTW XXEXX, don't have a corded mouse ATM to test with, but it appears from the control schemata that KBM is enabled for Destiny on the PS4 to me, you tested it?
Will check later, have been nabbed away from ps4 for now.

spronk

FPS noob
i never liked borderlands (i know im crazy) so i hope destiny isn't like it, still haven't gotten alpha keys from the Sony E3 movie thing yet

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So I would like to get in on this. Special codes only? Or is the Alpha available for anyone with a PS4 tomorrow?

Vaclav

So I would like to get in on this. Special codes only? Or is the Alpha available for anyone with a PS4 tomorrow?
Special codes today - tomorrow starts ones that have been handed out in theatres and they're supposed to email people that signed up tonight for it as well. (Although if it's 100% or not they've not stated)

spronk

FPS noob
special codes only either from the dev who is nicely giving codes in this thread or from E3 badges or from getting lucky and getting one by registering here
http://playstation.greatnessawaits.com/destiny.html

this alpha lasts only till the 15th (sunday)

july 17th it will be opened to more (all?) PS4 users, you may need to preorder and get a beta key though for it. can pre-order from amazon and get a free key without getting charged until ship