Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
some of the screenshots i've seen look beautiful. the e3/website keys will apparently go out tomorrow (6/12) at noon, giving you the entire weekend to play.

Bp3-txGCUAMV7R3.jpg:orig

Bp4FvUzIEAAk81F.jpg:orig

this guy is streaming destiny and answering Qs
Twitch - Lorik

for anyone who played a LOT of Titanfall, how does it compare? It seems to share some of the same queue/server problems.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I havent noticed any problems but the queue issue is mainly because limited players i assumed - Thats why i decided to not queue for anything until tomorrow when things go live.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
I think you're confusing queue with matchmaking. there's no queue time to signin.

matchmaking pools will be pretty small because of the current population, once the floodgates open tomorrow you should be matched pretty quick.

2D4R-44NT-KRJC

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
My pc shitted out on me so im sitting hete with my phone refreashing this page for a key, I have my ps4 on the redeem key page waiting. Have pity.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Zarcath is the coolest cat around. He's so cool, he's so cool, he's so cool, everyone else drools!!

Xexx/Vac , do you think the difficulty is too hard? I would love to have things on the higher end of normal starting off. Put some challenge into it. Then again, I have more fun slogging through something difficult, even if it's not "efficient" than just blasting through stuff.

Vaclav

Zarcath is the coolest cat around. He's so cool, he's so cool, he's so cool, everyone else drools!!

Xexx/Vac , do you think the difficulty is too hard? I would love to have things on the higher end of normal starting off. Put some challenge into it. Then again, I have more fun slogging through something difficult, even if it's not "efficient" than just blasting through stuff.
A) The difficulty is on the high edge of doable starting off IMO.
B) There's one enhanced difficulty setting available already in the alpha, the jumps listed are pretty substantial - not sure if there's going to be more later, but any more of a bump would be ludicrous with the alpha level cap for sure. It's basically suicidal even trying it on the weakest stuff.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

The difficulty is kinda perfect - Its hard but not too hard - Everything you need to do is possible to do but there is always the chance hat you will die if you dont retreat or pause for a few when you need to. If it was any harder id prly rage at some points - I imagine the difficulty kicks up still when you are higher and have more abilities and such. I didnt get my first heavy weapon till L8 but the minimal requirement was L9 so i cant use it.

Crone

I'd love to try the highest difficulty and see. Haha. Would be fun to test out the different classes with it as well, to see if any stand out as OP! Of course, would have to submit some feedback to tone things down!

Vaclav

The difficulty is kinda perfect - Its hard but not too hard - Everything you need to do is possible to do but there is always the chance hat you will die if you dont retreat or pause for a few when you need to. If it was any harder id prly rage at some points - I imagine the difficulty kicks up still when you are higher and have more abilities and such. I didnt get my first heavy weapon till L8 but the minimal requirement was L9 so i cant use it.
Wife actually got a Heavy (Rocket Launcher) without a level req off the "gamble" guy - Syntarchs or whatever they're called.

Vaclav

I'd love to try the highest difficulty and see. Haha. Would be fun to test out the different classes with it as well, to see if any stand out as OP! Of course, would have to submit some feedback to tone things down!
I think it's a pure +3 levels thing from how it appears when you enable it - but yea, the "wizards" (the Ghost calls them that when you first meet one - Hive flying things) get insane with that level bump. Hell even the wimpy melee Hive get to be a real pain to manage in the quantities they come in.

And OMG the special event bosses (think Public Quest) can almost one shot you with their secondary attacks as is, would be a slaughter with the level bumps, heh.

Crone

I think it's a pure +3 levels thing from how it appears when you enable it - but yea, the "wizards" (the Ghost calls them that when you first meet one - Hive flying things) get insane with that level bump. Hell even the wimpy melee Hive get to be a real pain to manage in the quantities they come in.
For some reason what you describe reminds me of the Wasps in Act 2 Diablo 3. lol

Vaclav

For some reason what you describe reminds me of the Wasps in Act 2 Diablo 3. lol
It's not so much the damage output on the "wizards" that's the problem - they've got a MASSIVE shield you've got to get through that regens unlike HP (or at least if HP regens on mobs, it's ridiculously slow) - it hits relatively hard, but not too ridiculous, but it is splash damage so it wears your shield down while you're getting it's shield down - then you huddle a sec to get your shield back and.... it's got it's back too.