. 2 Ice Breaker
. 3 Truth
. 2 Patience and Time
. 2 The Last Word
. 1 MIDA Multi Tool
. 2 Plan C
. 2 No Land Beyond
. 2 Dragon's Breath

Yeah, Xur loot definitely seems weighted... to befair. Statistics and RNG, how do they work?
There's been what, 8 Xur items since DLC? And HALF have been DLC weapons. So of the 14 exotics he can sell, 2 of them who just so happen to be DLC exotics take up half of his loot. Could be coincidence, but coupling that with the high rate of DLC daily and weekly missions/strikes, and you get them pushing the DLC

Either that or they have some sort of algorithm that pushes Them towards an even distribution over the life of the game. Which would be retarded

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
And then you get anomalies like Starfire Protocol and Voidfang Vestments which have shown up on Xur an extremely large number of times. That's actually what convinced me that it was random because there's no way the developers would be dicks to put those two items on Xur 95% of the time.

But it also helps support the "weighting" theory and both of these chest pieces have a really high weighting to them which increases the odds of them showing up.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So if it is random but weighted, with a clear push towards DLC stuff, you are saying Gjallarhorn is just going to become less and less likely to show up on Xur (and probably in chests too)? Great
frown.png

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Plus 7/8 of the warlock items have been DLC, 3/8 hunter items have been DLC, and 6/8 titan items have been DLC.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So if it is random but weighted, with a clear push towards DLC stuff, you are saying Gjallarhorn is just going to become less and less likely to show up on Xur (and probably in chests too)? Great
frown.png
No idea if chests or drops are weighted, but I kinda doubt it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I would love it if jellyhoen showed up next week, but it's probably going to be something stupid like no land beyond. IF it's not a dlc exotic I'm gonna bet it's either mida multitool or plan c.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well, they clearly have a weighted item system. Some exotics are great in very specific situations and terrible in everything else, while others are mildly beneficial in most situations but don't really shine in any particular encounter. Then you have items like gjallerhorn and icebreaker which were just amazing in every situation. Notice how those items arent sold often? They are clearly weighted so that they arent sold often. If gjallerhorn dropped for me, I'd basically stop playing. That's the only carrot I care about right now. Bungie knows that.

It's that can't make too many exotics that are on par with IB jellyhorn because then PvP gets completely out of control. I mean I don't reply care about PvP but there's a lot of unintended consequences when it comes to PvP. It's the same issue with auto rifles. Everything has low impact high RoF because the reverse will always win in PvP (generalized statement, I'm aware).

If it was just PvP you could introduce all kinds of crazy exotics with goofy, op effects on them and it would just make the game more fun. You or those same things in PvP and people get frustrated real quick.
IB is actually terrible in crucible. Jelly horn isn't bad, but truth is better In my opinion

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, I would love it if jellyhoen showed up next week, but it's probably going to be something stupid like no land beyond. IF it's not a dlc exotic I'm gonna bet it's either mida multitool or plan c.
Hey now, multitool is actually pretty good if you don't already have it.

I really want him to sell a thunder lord though

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had some crazy luck earlier. Pulled a Last Word and a MIDA from the VoG chest, then got Thunderlord from the nightfall.

spronk

FPS noob
haha take in 4-6 titans, throw down a bunch of bubbles on crotas spawn points for around 10 mins until its just a massive pile of orbs, and you can kill crota in 1 sword / 3 downs

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So there's a video of 6 Titans doing CE on normal without using guns. It's pretty awesome watching them punch the ogres to death

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
My right index finger is sore this morning...guess that's what happens when you are on Crota HM wall punching duty for 2 straight hours!
smile.png
Hopefully we get revenge tonight and Crota doesn't do buggy stuff.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Crota HM is nothing but frustrating anymore. The entire encounter has nothing to do with player skill and all about getting a bug free, lag free instance.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Crota HM is nothing but frustrating anymore. The entire encounter has nothing to do with player skill and all about getting a bug free, lag free instance.
Yep. I felt bad for the guys last night. Almost flawless execution attempt after attempt but then Crota would stand up immediately or glitch his animation on enrage and we'd die. I had the easy job of wall punching, but the rest of the team was A+ and Crota should have died many times over.

I'm not going to bother doing him anymore once I get Black Hammer and the scout rifle, unless people need a help on him. Too frustrating and buggy.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Safe spot near crota where you can punch the wall and distract the boomers. They won't attack anyone else on your fireteam.