Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Column_sl

shitlord
Oh I am perfectly fine with the shotgun, people use them as intended; one-shot to the face (or sliding). My statement was that the range thing will not "fix" anything. Anyone using a shotgun and think the sky is falling is, in my opinion, using them wrong and have been using the shot package as a crutch.
Are your crazy? Not fix anything??

Shotguns are one shotting at medium range right now. Shot package is extending high range/high impact shotguns to way out of the range they were intended to be at.

There is no answer for that. Them bringing shotguns back to in the face only is where they should be.

Good Players always play the meta. The meta right now is shotguns. So yeah that fix will change a lot. I don't think they ever nerfed shot package to tell you the truth, we could see that day one after the patch.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Are your crazy? Not fix anything??

Shotguns are one shotting at medium range right now. Shot package is extending high range/high impact shotguns to way out of the range they were intended to be at.

There is no answer for that. Them bringing shotguns back to in the face only is where they should be.

Good Players always play the meta. The meta right now is shotguns. So yeah that fix will change a lot. I don't think they ever nerfed shot package to tell you the truth, we could see that day one after the patch.
The meta has been shotguns for a loooooooong time. I have yet to experience a serious issue with "shotguns one shotting at medium range" myself so no, from my point of view it fixes nothing. Im not claiming to be the god of Destiny PvP, frankly I prefer skillbased PvP games that does not rely on gear, P2P connections and so on /shrug.

Column_sl

shitlord
And Shotguns have been the meta for a long time because they fucked up on the range perks after they buffed them. Fusion rifles were the special weapons meta before shotguns.

If you haven't been one shotted at range by a shotgun by now you are not pvping. Trust me it used to be way worse when you could Blink with instant ADS.

I would tear through whole groups with no recourse, and always in the safety I had to be nowhere near them, and I was invincible while I was blinking.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The meta has been shotguns for a loooooooong time. I have yet to experience a serious issue with "shotguns one shotting at medium range" myself so no, from my point of view it fixes nothing. Im not claiming to be the god of Destiny PvP, frankly I prefer skillbased PvP games that does not rely on gear, P2P connections and so on /shrug.
Yeah basically since the fusions got nerfed wayyyy back in Vanilla. I remember fusions being the thing, shit like plan c and peruns fire were the thing back then. You could hip fire them down corridors with relatively short charge timers and burn fuckers.

and honestly column, it is rare to run into those guys in crucible. Yeah ive gotten shotgun sniped, but it is pretty rare. Most cases is dudes sneaking around right in your face. And even then the shot gun dudes are pretty rare, most I see are using primaries and snipes. I see a whole bunch of pulse rifles, auto rifles, and tons more scouts than ever before. But I am pretty aware of my radar at all times and maybe I just dont get caught by them that often because of my awareness. Anyone that remotely uses their radar should not be caught by a shottie. I also tend to stay away from the places that funnel people into close quarters corridors and shit, I learned that real quick coming back in TTK. also hardly anyone uses blink anymore. At least its pretty rare. I dont know if just everyone is fucking around with the new subclasses, but blinkers are pretty rare to see.

Column_sl

shitlord
But I am pretty aware of my radar at all times and maybe I just dont get caught by them that often because of my awareness.
Its instant dude, you are not going to avoid it with your radar. They are aggressive not camping.

I rarely ever see anyone edge camping with shotguns. There is no point.

, but blinkers are pretty rare to see.
Its because blink shotgun takes way more skill now after the nerfs, and players will always go the easiest way out. You can just jump shotgun now to your hearts content with last word not even being a threat.

Just take the Pepsi challenge, que up rumble tonight ,and tell me how that goes for you.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, well maybe that's the thing, I dont play rumble unless its the daily. I like rift and control, maybe even some 3vs3 modes. I always thought rumble was gay as fuck.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Thank you for the insight everyone, it was very helpful, and my instincts were mostly confirmed. I was just primarily curious if the core shooter elements improved significantly at higher levels or if the stickiness was due to the non-shooter elements surrounding the core game.

My co-worker isn't as "well read" (can't blame him, he has a family), so to me Destiny felt like a retread of past games, some of which I liked very much, but without the interesting design, systems, and game-play elements they had. I think much of that has to do with it being a console game, which lacks most of these titles, and also more heavily favors large production values.

I would have talked with him about it more but he got salty and walked away when I said the game wasn't very good and it felt like work. I decided not to pick a fight, so I asked you guys what I would have asked him
smile.png
When I say it isn't a "good game" I mean that very literally, not that it isn't fun, or isn't sticky, or doesn't look great, or any of those kinds of reasons, just the abstract game elements are extremely basic.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
The core systems in the game are pretty good. Think of it like Diablo. If you want to see horrible mechanics, look no further than the Battlefront beta this weekend!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Lol BF Beta mechanics may not be as good at the core as Destiny but its not THAT bad - i will still purchase that looooooooooong before another CoD rehash.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've got about 26k kills in Crucible and these "shotgun snipers" are infinitely better than the original 77 wizard with accelerated coils bullshit.

spronk

FPS noob
don't forget black spindles are all going to get set to 290, so infuse your 310 into something else (NOT a spindle) and then you can use that as fodder to reinfuse your nerfed 290 spindle closer to 305+
Cozmo23 comments on Don't forget to infuse your 310 Black Spindles!

^ thats from a destiny CM posted today, patch 2.01 is coming in next week and it will probably happen there. the only thing I can think of is if you run the spindle mission on a character that has not done it sometime between now and the nerf (it would need to be the daily story) and fill your special slots, it would go to your postmaster and maybe their nerf script won't catch that. unlikely, but ya never know

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Either your luck is outstanding or you aren't playing much crucible in comparison if you haven't noticed how bad shotguns have been. I hop in just long enough to knock out whatever daily bounties I feel I can complete without stroking out from my blood pressure spiking, and in that time it's nothing but 0.5 kd spreads from waves of blinking wizards and hunters miracufucking me with shotguns... That and the fucking hammer bros. Lo and behold, I finally pickup a decent shotgun, and my kd issues and enjoyment in crucible definitely went back up, though now it's more a 50/50, who pulled the trigger first, or pulled the trigger too soon.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I don't have a dog in the pvp gun discussion going on, but I will say I'm enjoying the crap out of this expansion quest wise. I unlocked all three new subclasses and every task I've been sent on so far has been engaging and far more enjoyable than House of Wolves. My next objective is getting my three characters to 38 and seeing what the gunsmith quests are about.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The story or rather having characters with personalities that leave a lasting impression, has definitely much improved. So nice to walk into the tower and actually be able to walk up to each of the class trainers as more than just people shaped vending machines. Up until this expansion, the vendor machines from Borderlands, had more personality than Cayde, Zevala, and Ikora.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Jesus- that story quest fight with Oryx was intense! I kited him around forever until the last phase started. Going to have to take a break before doing that again on my hunter and warlock.