Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Beat him twice now, no good drops, got another chest lower than my other and a 315 hand cannon, I can infuse with it but it has a cool perk, 3 kills and health regen and heal. Nice for strikes I guess.
#5 worldwide!

rrr_img_113830.jpg

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got together with some friends last night and they helped me run strikes. I'm level 28 now and was just running non stop vanguard legacy strikes. That was pretty fun! Went up 10 light levels as well although that's just a function of higher level gear dropping.

lanludar

Silver Squire
I am level 40 now with 364 light at the moment. Just looking for some people who want do team up really for anything. I would love a chance to do the raids to at least see them. Other than that just looking to get my light level high enough to do Kings Fall.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am level 40 now with 364 light at the moment. Just looking for some people who want do team up really for anything. I would love a chance to do the raids to at least see them. Other than that just looking to get my light level high enough to do Kings Fall.
At 364 you can solo king's fall...

On a serious note, do court of oryx. So many drops. You'll quickly get up to 290+ and can handle king's fall normal mode.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
What exotic armor piece for Sunsinger Warlocks would you guys suggest for HM Raid? I cleared up to Oryx which we didn't even attempt because my group went from 300 light to 313. Everything else we one or 2 shotted.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
What exotic armor piece for Sunsinger Warlocks would you guys suggest for HM Raid? I cleared up to Oryx which we didn't even attempt because my group went from 300 light to 313. Everything else we one or 2 shotted.
Alchemist Raiment or Light Beyond Nemesis.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Almost killed Oryx HM twice last night. The runner died hitting the god damn ship at the very last rotation TWICE! I'm so mad
frown.png

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I'm only 301-302 light level (have a 309 sniper and ToM), is that viable for the first few fights of HM (up till' Oryx)?

If it's viable, anyone doing any runs before the reset tomorrow? I'll gladly leave at Oryx or anytime before if you all have friends that need a certain boss, just want to run some of HM to hopefully get some gear pieces since I've already done normal mode this week.

Posiedan_sl

shitlord
I'm only 301-302 light level (have a 309 sniper and ToM), is that viable for the first few fights of HM (up till' Oryx)?
Saturday night we had 5 305-310 guardians supporting one buddy at 300 light level. We did the entire Raid HM up to Oryx with little issues. So, it CAN be done, just make sure everyone is friendly and willing to help you out. It would be a great way to get the gear you need. Unfortunately, I am off Destiny tonight due to work.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
ok I think it is time for me to finally try a raid in this game. Is destinylfg really the best option if I don't know anyone on XB1? So lame that it requires an external site.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
damn I wanna try that.
I killed Oryx yesterday using that strategy. It works well if everyone is on point, but imo opinion it's more gimmicky than the traditional method. A few observations:

1) It's easy to die while trying to jump up on to the daughter platform. In my group we had 5 warlocks and 1 hunter (who was running relic). We rarely had a phase where no one died, but because we were warlocks we were able to rez and keep going.

2) If you notice, the ogres die much farther away from the center. This means a much longer run from the bomb back to the middle and the safety of the shield. Deaths occur during this phase as well.

That being said, we were able to kill Oryx after 5 or 6 tries. I personally would shy away from this strat unless it's with a group you are familiar running with or it's with a group with a lot of warlocks.

On a side note, I got 3 drops....311 hand cannon, 319 scout rifle, and 313 helm. The irony is I've been killing Oryx is normal mode since the second week it came out and I've never gotten the helm on normal mode.....so I went from a 298 helm to a 313 helm this week =)

I killed HM Oryx the second time this week with Sarthis, in a pickup group using the "traditional" strategy. This involves using titan bubbles in the middle, everyone on their pillar responsible for killing ogre and knights. This has a more familiar feel to it since it's a variation of the normal mode Oryx strategy, and it's easier for people to adapt to. Once everyone develops a nice rhythm I have a feeling this will be easier for pickup groups. The only downside is I feel like you need at least 1 or 2 titans in the group to make this work, since damage is crazy in the middle area.

Having done both methods, I would say if the group is warlock-heavy do the "no-knight" strat, if it's titan heavy do the traditional method, and if it's hunter heavy look for a different group
wink.png

Izuldan_sl

shitlord

If it's viable, anyone doing any runs before the reset tomorrow? I'll gladly leave at Oryx or anytime before if you all have friends that need a certain boss, just want to run some of HM to hopefully get some gear pieces since I've already done normal mode this week.
Honestly you should be fine. I actually think the difficulty decreases the farther into the raid you go, up to Oryx. If I was to rank difficulty from easiest to hardest it would be daughters--->golgoroth--->warpriest---->totems-------------->Oryx (Oryx being much much harder than the rest). Daughters is stupid easy with ToMs. Gogolroth is easy with 1 gazer method. Warpriest is pretty easy but he has a few new abilities which can be hard for some to dodge. Totems isn't hard, it's just that it's unforgiving, because 1 death means a wipe unless you are almost at the end. At least with Warpriest, gogolroth and daughters you can keep going with 4 or 5 people.

Your handicap is you will be super squishy at level 302 and you need to be on point. Most bosses will kill you before you have time to react.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I finally hit 300+ last night without ever beating oryx. Ran the nightfall on Tuesday and got some 308 arms, ran it again on Friday with warlock and got 20 coins, then last night ran it with my hunter and scored a 303 shell which tipped my titan from 299 to 300. Decrypted all of my saved exotic engrams and scored a whole bunch of 310s. So now my titan is finally comfortably 303. Now I can finally comfortably farm the 3oC for more primary and secondaries and get some of my good guns to 310 for PvP. I scored a 310 zhalo and a 310 suros last night but I think im going to keep those around. Unfortunately the 3 secondary exotic engrams I had all decrypted to 290. But during the nightfall I scored a 300 secondary blue which I infused into my 1000yrd, so I have that at 300 too. Such a good night!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Did the nightfall. 310 Ghost shell. Praise him. Now at 299 and 4/5 light and never raided.