Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Alright, yeah, finally got through. Sheez, what a mess. Probably going to need to let this download overnight though, given the speed it's going at.
Looks like it just finished for me - about 30 min via LAN with a FiOS connection. (Not that connecting to game is working - but no DLing screen popping up - took 4 logins to get the EULA - and then did have half a gig to DL beyond what I installed without booting the client (started at 95%))

Vaclav

Only seeing new areas so far - not seeing anything that jumps out as "better graphics quality" in just pure quality terms (although I'm not sure that's even possible) - but there does seem to be a ton more movement from wind and such, and they do some really closeup zooms of the Fallen or whatever they're called during the introduction "fly-in".

Every tree and blade of grass looks to be wind effected in the intro area.

spronk

FPS noob
For those in-game, is there any noticeable difference in terms of graphical fidelity / performance from the Alpha?
seems same as alpha, peter dinklage's voice may be a bit better but you get the "intro" and starter story with him so it may be that too. game plays just fine once you actually get in, gotten to level 4 already (start at 1 in beta, started at 4 in alpha). cap in beta is 8. also apparently you can't pvp until you hit level cap, although hopefully they unlock that for beta like they did alpha (cant pvp yet at 4)

bosses are still "hide, come out when they aren't firing" bullet sponges

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just got an email from Bungie with my PS4 codes as well.

Disabled

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you guys want to watch, I'm live atTwitch

smile.png

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ah did not know that. Makes sense. Shitty sense, but I understand it.
Yep, there are a lot of apps that do that (at least for ios , dunno about android).

For example, you can't buy audiobooks from audible app because amazon doesn't want to pay apple

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Is the EU PSN down or something? "undergoing maintanence" "an error occured" "............" eternal bars after entering the code....

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Finally got into PSN. My download queue shows the game as 'playable' so hopefully it's downloaded and ready to go once I get home.

Disabled

Lord Nagafen Raider
Btw, if anyone wants to party up for beta and the actual release, I'll be on most of the day.

My PSN is diseazedlol

Vaclav

If you didn't open the game from the dash you're likely looking at 13gb to download.
If you don't load into it immediately it continues to do most of the 13GB from the dashboard - I confirmed earlier. I only had to DL 0.5 GB after launching.