Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The entire earth section feels like it takes place in a smaller area than a single mission / dungeon area of borderlands.
Pretty sure that the intent was for each "world section" in Destiny was supposed to be about equivalent to one "Mission Area" in Borderlands. Look at the quest and mob density and it's pretty similar.

And there's been no confirmation that 16 missions is the limit - nor that every area will be 4 missions so that it's 4 total areas.

If you got Borderlands 2 right now and it only had the first section around Hammerlocks little town you'd probably be saying the same thing.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm enjoying the game. Gotten my teeth kicked a little bit in PvP. Tough getting used to using a controller in a fps. Never really done it before.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was expecting a AAA FPS on par with Halo, Gears or Borderlands.

Its not a city? Give me a fucking break

rrr_img_71491.jpg

There are what 16 missions and how many of those are open in the beta right now? I'm inclined to believe we are looking at 1/4 to 1/3 of the game right here. No wonder that video had the guy just about done withe game in that short period of time. 6 hours is a joke for a single player story.

Those chests are fucking useless unless you want 50-80 energy. The entire earth section feels like it takes place in a smaller area than a single mission / dungeon area of borderlands.

Sorry but this game is WAY over hyped.
The chest have weapons in them also(wtf is energy anyways?) - and once again its not really a city and youre thinking like this is an MMO - its a small hub and if you were expecting to just run around that actual landscape you were obviously drinking the koolaid. Its good to know you alone have access to the entire earth section since its not available in the beta, but since alpha was 5% or so and this is just a bit bigger than alpha i guess your assumption of us playing 1/3 or 1/4 of the game atm makes sense...right?

Did you watch that video? with those supposed 16 missions that guy was still in all common armor, and he obviously wasnt gearing up to take on anything hard in the game. There are way too many unknowns still considering how much is available to us atm. They said that the game wasnt going to have alot of levels because they wanted you to level your guardian and explore - if the 16 supposed missions take up the leveling aspect then you have alot of exploring to do on other planets afterwards and towards trying to do the raid(s).

Also Vac - are you doing everything on legendary setting?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
PS4 US -

CDGB-GGN3-CEMB
FJ8F-2JN5-BJN7
AKRH-7LNN-K22E

If anyone has a spare PS3 code could you PM it pls? say when you use a code.

nm -

PS3 US

ABML-HBNH-8G29
7LC6-A5NN-JB67

spronk

FPS noob
the maps are bigger than they seem, there is a shit ton of extra stuff everywhere especially little hidden pathways to bigger new areas. they've done a better polish job than alpha on mob densities and respawns and difficulty, but for the most part it seems pretty much the same as alpha.

its definitely way overhyped as a game, it reminds me a lot of Guild Wars 2 where everyone (including me) was saying it was going to revolutionize MMOs, make sub models dead, blah blah blah. Same thing here, its Borderlands 2 with weaker SP and stronger co-op/MP elements. While we are only seeing maybe 30% or less of the game (counting unlocked PVP modes, which imo are not gonna be that revolutionary), I'm pretty sure the rest is gonna be pretty darn similar. I agree the single player campaign is pretty weak so far, its decent enough but feels kinda built on top of a MP game instead of being a heavily polished AAA story. The legendary mode strike missions are pretty awesome and very challenging, but I will have no desire to do them over and over at cap.

so yeah gonna be an awesome game for a month or two and then I forsee it being an occasional MP thing once a week, until the DLCs. Honestly though I think I prefer BF4 and Titanfall on PC for my multiplayer fix than Destiny, unless the game at 20 with all talents and gear and stuff is way different. Just not a fan of controller FPS multiplayer, I'm kinda tempted to just downgrade to regular edition, buy at launch, trade in when I'm bored, and then buy on PC next year if they release it. Will see how rest of beta weekend goes (i'm already level 8).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everything in this day and age is overhyped. Look how much hype Archage has been getting. The tone of this thread has been people who really enjoyed it and are looking forward to playing it in live.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Same - but going to stop and wait on the XB1 version. I played up to where the alpha started initially since there arent really any main differences between the two and unless we have access to a 2nd strike mission there is no need to play both versions endlessly.

Everything in this day and age is overhyped. Look how much hype Archage has been getting. The tone of this thread has been people who really enjoyed it and are looking forward to playing it in live.
Yeah would beta Archage if theyd stop emailing me telling me "omg dude its beta why arent you dumping money to be a founder?!?!"

Also sorry Selix i was just about to jump off for a few - my mic isnt even connected.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Same - but going to stop and wait on the XB1 version. I played up to where the alpha started initially since there arent really any main differences between the two and unless we have access to a 2nd strike mission there is no need to play both versions endlessly.

Yeah would beta Archage if theyd stop emailing me telling me "omg dude its beta why arent you dumping money to be a founder?!?!"

Also sorry Selix i was just about to jump off for a few - my mic isnt even connected.
NP I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to Fireteams. Anyone want to join up send me an invite Selix-317. Oh and random events are awesome.

nuday

Golden Squire
So do you have to play through the Crucible "missions" to get to the level 6 thing on the moon? Or is it not available in beta?

Just tells me I haven't met the requirements.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
If you try and select it instead of not bothering because you don't meet the requirements it tells you to wait for the full release of the game on Sept 9th

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Couple questions:

I set my fireteam invites to closed, but still spawned in a mission with other people. What am I doing wrong?
Is there a way to trade with other players? I haven't tried yet so this might be a dumb question.
Is dismantle how you 'sell' stuff for currency? I haven't seen any ways to offload it to NPCs.

Having so much fun. Found a rifle I can't use for one more level but it's 10 damage more than my current rifle and it has a bonus of faster reload when killing stuff. I was so excited when it dropped haha.

This game has some good atmosphere. Dark buildings with just my flashlight and no ability to respawn when a wave of the hive descends on me is pretty intense.

I ran into my first public event. Was chaotic. 3 of us had to guard some ship for 3 min. Died a lot but somehow we won (does anything bad really ever happen if you keep respawning?) We got 3 golden triangles for our rating, some guy got 2 light orbs (whatever those are), and I didn't see any other loot....not sure what that all means but it was fun.

spronk

FPS noob
I set my fireteam invites to closed, but still spawned in a mission with other people. What am I doing wrong?
Is there a way to trade with other players? I haven't tried yet so this might be a dumb question.
Is dismantle how you 'sell' stuff for currency? I haven't seen any ways to offload it to NPCs.

I ran into my first public event. Was chaotic. 3 of us had to guard some ship for 3 min. Died a lot but somehow we won (does anything bad really ever happen if you keep respawning?) We got 3 golden triangles for our rating, some guy got 2 light orbs (whatever those are), and I didn't see any other loot....not sure what that all means but it was fun.
i may be wrong but I believe when you land on a planet to run open world stuff its a public zone so you may see other people (but there is a small cap), however when you enter a story area (limited respawn icon comes up) only people in your fireteam (group) are in your "phase". I think thats the way its supposed to work, anyways. I would see a few people around and they all disappeared whenever I hit the boss area of a story quest.

Yes dismantle is basically disenchant and turns items into glimmer which is currency for pretty much everything. Not sure about trading, there is no auction house, there is a shared bank in the city which you can access with all your characters and there is a mail vendor where you can send stuff to friends but dunno if loot is soulbound or not.

zerging anything with a group is possible and no real penalties as far as I can tell, don't think there are repair bills or anything like that in this game

there are 5 gold chests in the beta story missions/strikes, the last one in the level 6 strike gets you a slightly faster speeder

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Couple questions:

I set my fireteam invites to closed, but still spawned in a mission with other people. What am I doing wrong?When you spawn in a mission i dont think it really goes into effect until you get into the area with the darkness but i could be wrong - i think it phases you. I think the closed fireteam thing is mainly for strike missions incase you want to solo.
Is there a way to trade with other players? I haven't tried yet so this might be a dumb question. -Unsure never tried but someone may know.
Is dismantle how you 'sell' stuff for currency? I haven't seen any ways to offload it to NPCs. -Yes dismantle returns those blue things which name i forget.

Having so much fun. Found a rifle I can't use for one more level but it's 10 damage more than my current rifle and it has a bonus of faster reload when killing stuff. I was so excited when it dropped haha.

This game has some good atmosphere. Dark buildings with just my flashlight and no ability to respawn when a wave of the hive descends on me is pretty intense.

I ran into my first public event. Was chaotic. 3 of us had to guard some ship for 3 min. Died a lot but somehow we won (does anything bad really ever happen if you keep respawning?) We got 3 golden triangles for our rating, some guy got 2 light orbs (whatever those are), and I didn't see any other loot....not sure what that all means but it was fun. -Light orbs are what you get when someone uses a super ability, people around him can pick up the orbs that are created when a mob dies - the orbs make your own super meter grow faster.
Vac or Spronk may know better.

Also

PS4 US

CDGB-GGN3-CEMB
FJ8F-2JN5-BJN7

PS3 US

ABML-HBNH-8G29

These should still be active since no one posted they used.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On "Missions" I'm pretty sure there's some degree of overlap with "Explore" zones for the section while you're getting to the dungeon/whatever. I know when the wife was doing some Explore earlier she kept seeing people run past into the "Wizard" mission area, which seems a pretty useless place to go into unless you're on the mission. (Since it's a deadend with a locked door you can only touch on the mission)

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow level 8 came fast. I don't suppose there is any reason to hang on to glimmer? Been spending it getting better gear.