Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
alpha vs beta comparison especially Peters voice. they removed the "That Wizard came from the moon!" line
smile.png
frown.png
smile.png
frown.png
smile.png
frown.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Running the story missions on Hard has been fun so far. Doing that third one at level three when it is a 6/7 was great.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Running the story missions on Hard has been fun so far. Doing that third one at level three when it is a 6/7 was great.
Are you doing them solo or with a group? I did the Level 2 one and everything was level 5. I got to the final boss dude and had no ammo and was killed in like two shots. Was fun until I realized it respawns the entire last encounter when you die.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Near as I can tell they didn't re-record Dinklage for the Beta but instead added the machine-filter effect to it and subsequently changed the pitch on a couple of lines here and there plus editing some of the terrible dialogue.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Solo Titan (but am open to grouping with anyone). The Wizard was a pain but mostly because of the flood guys that could melee me in two hits. But understand when I say fun it really just means tedious and slow, lol

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Paging Regime. I have my PS4 Headset coming today. We need to get our beers ready and play this!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
alpha vs beta comparison especially Peters voice. they removed the "That Wizard came from the moon!" line
smile.png
frown.png
smile.png
frown.png
smile.png
frown.png

Only one i really like better was when he said "It cant be, its the hive!" otherwise i was fine with the original voice.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Near as I can tell they didn't re-record Dinklage for the Beta but instead added the machine-filter effect to it and subsequently changed the pitch on a couple of lines here and there plus editing some of the terrible dialogue.
This was one of my only complaints of the Alpha. Lets hope they continue to refine it.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
What is the difference between + strength gear and + discipline gear? I couldn't find a description anywhere and a quest reward had armor with those different + stats. I'm a warlock if that matters and haven't tried the other classes yet.

When you level and can pick new abilities, I always have unusable abilities that are partially learned. How do they level up? Is it automatic as I gain exp or do they level up based on how much I use the parent skills?

Having a blast so far. Feels like I've hardly played and I'm already part way through level 5. Wish the beta was longer.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So how do you delete games from your PS4? I have the Destiny Alpha installed (that I never ended up playing), and I don't know how to remove it.

Thanks.
just start the beta download and it will overwrite the alpha version

DMK_sl

shitlord
Absolutely loving the game. Although level 20 is fair for a normal game (as in enough content) I'm worried I'm enjoying the game so much I'll be frustrated when I finish the story at level 20 and there will be no way to progress other then PVP.

Unless there is some sort of raid system they have set up for end game?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Absolutely loving the game. Although level 20 is fair for a normal game (as in enough content) I'm worried I'm enjoying the game so much I'll be frustrated when I finish the story at level 20 and there will be no way to progress other then PVP.

Unless there is some sort of raid system they have set up for end game?
There is one raid in atm - and strike missions which will likely be your main source of gear progression once you level cap.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
What is the difference between + strength gear and + discipline gear? I couldn't find a description anywhere and a quest reward had armor with those different + stats. I'm a warlock if that matters and haven't tried the other classes yet.

When you level and can pick new abilities, I always have unusable abilities that are partially learned. How do they level up? Is it automatic as I gain exp or do they level up based on how much I use the parent skills?

Having a blast so far. Feels like I've hardly played and I'm already part way through level 5. Wish the beta was longer.
Found an answer to one of my own questions regarding stats:

Sstrength affects cooldown on your melee special.
Intellect affects cooldown on your R1+L1 move.
Discipline affects cooldown on your grenades.

You can view this info when you are on the character overview screen when you press "Options", any gear that adds to any of those categories will be indicated by smaller circles to the left of the gear column. If you hover over it, it should tell you what it does and by how much.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
I have PS4 and PS3 tokens available at the moment. message me if you need a hook up.

I'll have XBone and 360 tokens for you later, next week or so.

spronk

FPS noob
some interesting info in this article
Bungie Explains Destiny Cross Platform Play on PS3/PS4 Isnt Happening

no cross platform play, not even PS4 vs PS3 or xbone vs 360. Not for technical reasons, but some vague "old console players have shittier pixel lines" reason in PVP

also your character will carry forward in sequels

finally if you are in game you can check out the sub classes, it looks like each class has two sub classes and you can switch to the secondary one at level 15 if you want. A redditor has gone through and broken down each of them

Destiny Subclasses for Warlocks [BETA] : DestinyTheGame
Destiny Subclasses for Hunters [BETA] : DestinyTheGame
Destiny Subclasses for Titans [BETA] : DestinyTheGame

not really too impressed with the sub classing, I guess for PVP they can't have it be wildly imbalanced but it all seems kinda boring

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
smile.png
frown.png
smile.png
frown.png
smile.png
frown.png

Not really a fan. I did think the voice was a little flat in the Alpha, but I don't know, to me this is worse. I mean with all the damn beeps and whistles or what not they have turned him into R2D2 Dinklage. Just found it a tad more off putting than the original voiceovers, but I like the game and will play it no matter what. /shrug

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wait what, so every console is only going to be able to play with their own console? F me. All my friends have PS4's, and I'm stuck on PS3.
frown.png
I thought at least Sony vs MS were going to be combined.
frown.png