Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
saturday (tomorrow) at 2pm PDT (5pm EST) for 2 hours destiny will be running a limited timed event Iron Banner PVP mode. You need to talk to Lord Shaxx in the tower to unlock it and then can queue for it on the PVP planet
Bungie : News

i'll be doing family stuff so hopefully they repeat it in the evening or something

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Shingen-c Assault rifle is a hell of a lot of fun. Anyone want to run around killing things and getting random loots just do a join fireteam on me while I'm in cosmodrome. Or if you need help with something.

Something odd but fun happened in cosmodrome today. On that patch where the fallen are fighting the hive things I killed off the fallen side and they immediatly spawned another more difficult set. I kept clearing them out (fallen side) until it got up to Noble Guardians and I was able to down 8 of those before I got hit by to many of those eyeball things and died. Then the non-event event (normally events start with a message or something but this one didn't) was over.

I've tried to get it to happen again by killing off one or both sides over and over but they just spawn slowly now. Was a hell of a lot of fun while it lasted. Maybe more players need to be around?

DMK_sl

shitlord
Not sure if you can do it with your blue tooth head phones but I use my Dre beats wireless studio headphones with my ps4 you just plug the aux cord that comes with most headphones into the controller.

Also I didn't buy a ps4 originally because of the controller. It kills me to say this living the xbox controller so much but the ps4 controller feels WAAAY better then the ps3 nearly on par with xbox.

Disabled

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if anyone took the first one I posted a couple pages back so I'll post again with another PS4 code:
KLHD-PANN-HLQJ
R654-H9NM-FGNQ

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Please post when/if you use codes - only takes a sec to do so, so others dont waste their time.

Voucher Code for PS4: NQPD-QFNQ-H5DD
Voucher Code for PS3: H657-K3N2-N2QN

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Halo did fine on the console, not everything needs to be on the PC. I'm surprised most of you aren't comfortable with both at this point.
Maybe you guys are just way older then me, and have been on the PC exclusively.

I grew up with consoles, and computers like most of the kids are doing today as well.
It's trivial for me to switch between both much like it's trivial to play a fighting game with both a pad, or a arcade stick.

Everyone has the same handicap as you on a console so it's no biggie.
Halo did fine because there was no competition.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They mentioned in their latest update that there would be more 'events' in Beta including one at 2pm PST on the 26th that was something major and would have permanent effects. I'm guessing some server straining open world boss thing with a banner or patch reward in Live.

So I downloaded the PS3 version since Sony sent out codes for both. My character from the PS4 version was immediately available on the PS3 so yeah they are all one character database at the very least. Only difference in fact between PS3 and PS4 was the resolution of the game and the presence of serious jaggies in projected shadows with limited foliage popup in the distance. Gamewise it is the same (although the default for the Dualshock 3 controller configuration has the shoulder buttons as aim and shoot and the lower 'trigger' buttons as melee and grenade...but you can swap these easily in settings)

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
So I downloaded the PS3 version since Sony sent out codes for both. My character from the PS4 version was immediately available on the PS3 so yeah they are all one character database at the very least. Only difference in fact between PS3 and PS4 was the resolution of the game and the presence of serious jaggies in projected shadows with limited foliage popup in the distance. Gamewise it is the same (although the default for the Dualshock 3 controller configuration has the shoulder buttons as aim and shoot and the lower 'trigger' buttons as melee and grenade...but you can swap these easily in settings)
I like that they are offering the feature for our characters to be available cross platform, but have they mentioned if you can do this with a single copy of the game or if we will need to buy a copy for each platform in order to play with friends that may be spread across both? I am referring to platforms in the same family (ps3 - ps4) not between say xbox and playstation.

spronk

FPS noob
you would need to buy two copies I'm pretty sure, games that are single purchase across ps3/ps4 are marked as cross buy and Destiny isn't

sony sent out codes to all PS+ users last night here are two more

Voucher Code for PS4: TN9M-HCNB-QTNQ
Voucher Code for PS3: 788B-3LNL-6LNQ

gonna try to connect with my vita today at 2pm while the event is going on, stupid BBQs

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This game illustrates clearly that this new generation differs from that of a decade ago primarily in the form of a more advanced GPU...at least in current implementation.

I think we will need to wait for more titles built as Xbone PS4 from the start in order to see what sort of immersive gameplay can be optimized.

I am reminded of the Mass Effect 3 post mortem where they talked about game content choices dictated by texture memory and how many characters could be rendered at one time. To hear them talk they took every last bit and some tricky use of partial models to get things like the whole crew together in the Citadel DLC. It's clear that Destiny is still working to those limits with respect to design for the last gen and just using the added resources for nice resolution and improved textures on existing assets.

Destiny is a Xbox360/PS3 game that just looks prettier on the new systems.

marrior_sl

shitlord
Game is super fun doing the 3 man fireteam stuff.

Multi player matches are an absolute abortion. The only successful people are the warlocks using the lightning orb thing that knocks you down to 10% in one hit then finish you off. I assume there will be more balancing down the road too instead of letting lvl 4s in with lvl 8s