Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I thought all console fps games have aim assist. What is this bullshit about more pixels between PS4 and ps3? Why not just seperate the PVP and let friends pve together? Sounds like some fishy bullshit.

Zarcath

Silver Squire
Wait what, so every console is only going to be able to play with their own console? F me. All my friends have PS4's, and I'm stuck on PS3.
frown.png
I thought at least Sony vs MS were going to be combined.
frown.png
Sony can play with Sony. MS can play with MS.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are you refuting the article where Bungie says this is not the case?
Technically the article quote only says "by platform" - which in last gen was the "we don't let XBox and PS3 play together" term - it's not impossible they used a poor phrase that they meant "by platform family" and Zarcath and them are both right. (Although I will say the authors in both that article and the original elaborated, and with no edit done does seem to imply that - but regardless I'd not get on Zarc's balls over it)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The article says this.

Destiny won't feature any sort of cross-platform play, meaning those with a PS4 can't compete against someone on PS3.

Regardless of where the reality is, there's definitely a perception among gamers that better hardware means you have an advantage. We don't want to have to enter that fray, so to create the best, most level playing field, both actually and perceptually, we separated it by platform.

Not only does it say that PS4 cant play with PS3 but it explains why.

Vaclav

It says that in an article laden with quotes and none of the quotes explicitly says better than "by platform", but could be taken that way. Bad reporting does happen sometimes where things are assumed incorrectly.

It would absolutely be my thought that it was accurate if we didn't have Zarcath with his obvious connections stating otherwise, but with Zarcath saying that Console Families play together - I'm willing to see that they might have taken the wrong context or didn't ask for appropriate elaboration while getting info for the article.

(Or that things have changed since the quotes were gotten)

Vaclav

Heck another interpretation that would BOTH be right is that the CHARACTERS are tied to each system family but while you're playing your restricted to your console for pairing. (i.e. you start out on PS3 Destiny, you upgrade to a PS4 next year - you'd still be able to keep your character [in fact I hope for PS3 players this is absolutely the case])

I'd let Zarcath elaborate. Lots of possibilities for why there's variable answers on the issue.

Edit: Or another - could be that they're only talking about PVP pairing - PVE pairing is a minor issue for minor play handicaps, the stuff they're talking about could be huge for PVP pairing though.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow, it's pretty lame common bluetooth headsets don't work on the PS4.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah I'm thinking maybe for PVP the platforms won't play together but for PVE they will. that would make sense

and yeah PS4 doesn't support any bluetooth headset EXCEPT the sony gold (which is blue), I have a creative wp450 i'd love to use, using USB headset for now. fwiw the gold headset is on sale at bestbuy for $70 until tomorrow

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
yeah I'm thinking maybe for PVP the platforms won't play together but for PVE they will. that would make sense

and yeah PS4 doesn't support any bluetooth headset EXCEPT the sony gold (which is blue), I have a creative wp450 i'd love to use, using USB headset for now. fwiw the gold headset is on sale at bestbuy for $70 until tomorrow
I have mine coming to my doorstep from Amazon today. I'll give a trip report. It gets great reviews though. I am excited to try it out.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I'm not shelling out $70 for a headset. I have a surround sound setup that I don't want to give up. I just wanted to use my PS3 Bluetooth Headset on my PS4 for voice comms. I can even hook the thing up to my cars bluetooth but not my PS4. It's just mind boggling they choose to screw people over.

This is the headset I have:Amazon.com: PS3 Bluetooth Headset: Video Games

Zarcath

Silver Squire
Ah sorry.

All regions can play with each other per platform (All PS3 regions play together, all PS4 regions play together). PS3 players can't match with PS4 or vice versa (pretty sure this isn't something anyone can because of architecture differences?) but we do allow you to use your character per platform family. You can sign in with your Sony account on either PS3 or PS4 and still retain your characters. Same applies to MS.

Vaclav

Ah sorry.

All regions can play with each other per platform (All PS3 regions play together, all PS4 regions play together). PS3 players can't match with PS4 or vice versa (pretty sure this isn't something anyone can because of architecture differences?) but we do allow you to use your character per platform family. You can sign in with your Sony account on either PS3 or PS4 and still retain your characters. Same applies to MS.
Well at least one of my guesses was right - see, Zarcath was right in one means of taking it and so was the other person quoted.

And glad with the 10 year plan thing that the "character transfer" thing I speculated was accurate, because if not it would've sucked for people that start on PS3 for Destiny 1 and have a PS4 by Destiny 2.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Holy shit the accuracy of some of these players. I just finished a game where a guy stood on the dome in the moon map and was headshotting people with the assault rifle. He was missing maybe 1 out of 5 shots. Ok 1 out of 3 but still from across the map using a controller!

Easy shit with a mouse but a controller god damn. I'll never gain those muscle memory skills.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i tend to freak out when i run into someone and do some retarded "HURR LEMME TRY TO FIST PUNCH YOUUUuuuu" move as I flail around with the buttons as the other dude headshots me with no scope sniper gun. i'm too old for PVP
frown.png

vehicles on moon map are pretty baller though, you can even run over people with them

not having any sort of text chat sucks though in PVP, everyone zergs flags in tiny groups and the way to win is loosely stick together, you will win with kills flags almost don't matter

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit the accuracy of some of these players. I just finished a game where a guy stood on the dome in the moon map and was headshotting people with the assault rifle. He was missing maybe 1 out of 5 shots. Ok 1 out of 3 but still from across the map using a controller!

Easy shit with a mouse but a controller god damn. I'll never gain those muscle memory skills.
Give it a day and you will be fine. Guaranteed.