Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You would think there would be a better (read: any) way to communicate in a game like this. I'm playing with Vorph and there's tons I would like to relay but it is not the kind of gameplay to allow constant messaging through PSN.
Yeah, it's annoying, especially since I don't have an extra USB keyboard around to plug in to at least make messaging quick. I have a headset and was using it the other day, but it didn't seem like anyone could hear me even when we were in a fireteam on Sunday. Seems like the only way to communicate right now is for people to have their phone/tablet handy and run the Destiny app, since the conversation thing in it appears to work like an IM program.

I don't mind the lack of global chat in the least, but they really need more than just 4 gestures (2 of which are pretty useless).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Me and 3 of my friends downloading the Beta on XB1 got corrupted downloads during the installation, so i bet others may run into it to - mine went corrupt at 88% others did much earlier and they deleted the install like they were told and restarted - i just turned off my xbox and relaunched the beta and it picked up where it said it was corrupt - Hopefully it will work and i wont need to redo it in its entirety.

spronk

FPS noob
I don't suppose anyone's actually TRIED a mouse with Destiny? I remember playing Dust514 on the PS3 with a mouse/kb awhile back but I just assumed it wouldn't work with destiny.
i tried a usb kbm in alpha and it didn't work anywhere, haven't tried in beta. easy enough to plug one in and verify it works in PSN chat and it also works in the f2p game War Thunder, i'll let someone else test in destiny beta too lazy

edit: oh 2 more PS4 keys if anyone still needs one

75RT-C8NP-3QHK
BJEA-F4N8-FE2Q

Wage

Molten Core Raider
Anyone got a key for the 360? I was going to pass on this game but this thread has me intrigued.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
You would think there would be a better (read: any) way to communicate in a game like this. I'm playing with Vorph and there's tons I would like to relay but it is not the kind of gameplay to allow constant messaging through PSN.
Yeah, it's annoying, especially since I don't have an extra USB keyboard around to plug in to at least make messaging quick. I have a headset and was using it the other day, but it didn't seem like anyone could hear me even when we were in a fireteam on Sunday. Seems like the only way to communicate right now is for people to have their phone/tablet handy and run the Destiny app, since the conversation thing in it appears to work like an IM program.

I don't mind the lack of global chat in the least, but they really need more than just 4 gestures (2 of which are pretty useless).
I know it will not help with other people you want to group with (unless they are already friends) but my buddies and I just set up a party voice chat on Ps4 and it has been working great for communication while in game. I agree though, communicating with people you do not know is a hassle and hopefully will be addressed. They say its the way it is in order to avoid trolls, but a person can join a group and be a troll just as much as a person walking near you, so I do not see the logic in their decision. I mean sure you could kick the person and not need to deal with them, but at what cost. Just figure out an ignore feature.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok wow. Just realized I could hover over my warlocks Sunsinger subclass and press triangle for details and see what's in that subclass.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Xbone download speed is incredibly bad... Everything seems topsy turvey this generation compared to last

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok wow. Just realized I could hover over my warlocks Sunsinger subclass and press triangle for details and see what's in that subclass.
Titan subclass -> Defender -> Disintegrate "Killing an enemy with this powerful melee attack creates a Force Barrier around you which adsorbs incoming damage." -> War Machine "While Force Barrier is active all your weapons reload and ready blindingly fast.

Ultra farm spec?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I take it back. Hunter subclass Bladedancer looks OP as fuck. Arcbolt grenade yes please. Arc Blade. Which secondary option isn't amazing? Blink Strike -> PvP ownage. Quick Draw -> PvP ownage x2. Stalker -> Just give up already.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hunter base class is pretty nice too though, the other subclass looks alright for invisibility (assuming it'll just be the quasi invisibility that mobs have for pvp), but a single target melee superpower just seems lame with the current state of the game, assuming that arc blade has a similar duration to golden gun, that is... Give it about 5x the duration... and it starts to get interesting.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I wish we had some people who worked at MS on these forums so they could be told to copy x360 ui for the xb1 - god i hate what they've done to it - its so dam glitchy its ridiculous. Tho i still prefer its UI to bland and boring ps4 UI - i find alot of things convoluted and annoying.

I also dislike how when i load up Destiny is instantly takes priority over XBL party chat and unless you keep the party window open you cant hear whats going on.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It seems some class items do have an effect. The Dead Orbit class item has the "Reputation gains applied to Dead Orbit when equipped" effect.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I take that back - party chat for Destiny beta on xbox one doesnt seem to work at all - and you cant use fireteam chat either.

Help: Xbox One Party Chat | Bungie.net

So since i got bugged with the headset issue i hard reset and the game servers sstill think im in a fireteam so i cant even play the game alone because it says awaiting party stabilization.

Apparently they were way too busy with the PS4 to QA the Xb1 beta properly - then again it is beta but some of these issues are hard to miss.

Bungie : Group : Posts Problem: xbox one stuck in orbit cant go anywhere | Bungie.net

Help: Xbox One Party Chat | Bungie.net

Zarcath

Silver Squire
call out which one you grab

PS4 codes:
BDHM-T5N5-2MD9
DQMH-NGND-82TA
755R-RPNF-8F6Q
BRBD-MTNA-6JK5

360 Codes:
DX9PC-DW4FR-7RJXK-4QMVD-TGM3Z
KJVHT-KDW67-VWHXT-23CG2-43K4Z
WCDGD-YHDMM-CWCD9-WT7Q3-2GDKZ
RGK97-VR7MM-7FPXY-PVWCG-WDGFZ

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone know if the sharing of PSN logins would work for the digital version of Destiny on the PS3? I know you can load your PSN purchases on a couple of different consoles, but didn't know if that applied to a game that required constant internet connectivity.

I do this with my brother regularly so we can try out each others purchases, and was just curious if it would work with Destiny.

edit: oh and I know it's a little shady to do that, but wanting to save a few $$ now since I will be rebuying Destiny for the PS4 when I buy my PS4 console at next price drop.

Eonan

Doer of Things
call out which one you grab

PS4 codes:
BDHM-T5N5-2MD9
DQMH-NGND-82TA
755R-RPNF-8F6Q
BRBD-MTNA-6JK5

360 Codes:
DX9PC-DW4FR-7RJXK-4QMVD-TGM3Z
KJVHT-KDW67-VWHXT-23CG2-43K4Z
WCDGD-YHDMM-CWCD9-WT7Q3-2GDKZ