Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Made it to lvl 16 and have finished a few missions on Mars.

The complaints of repetitive missions etc is definitely accurate. I'm kind of sick of protecting robot Tyrion killing wave after wave of mobs. Still having fun though, but would have appreciated a bit more variety.

Loving Defender Titan as well, really fun to run into that bubble and reload/regain health before popping out and wrecking aliens.

Another issue is the grouping - world still feels pretty empty (on every planet I've been too) and have seen a grand total of 2 public events.

As for the strikes, they seem a bit over tuned... not hard, but annoying/tedious. I actually liked the Moon strike, and the boss was pretty damned tough - but the endless wizard/knight spawning was really obnoxious. Got it down, but have no desire to run it again, as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of incentive to running them.

Story feels disconnected, tacked on and not worth doing, as there are a bunch of easy crucible bounties that give 5k xp a pop.

All that said, its a pretty fun way to kill time - but I can't help but feel (at least at lvl 16) that I would be even more critical if there was anything (ANYTHING!) else worth playing on PS4. Hopefully that changes soon, as Destiny has nothing to compete with.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Titan has a scout rifle at Vanguard armory. Doesn't really help you when you need the L10 and up guns though. The stock doesn't change and you actually have to level up the alt to buy anything above L5. Those guns kind of suck anyway. They're green in color only; like white guns, they cannot be upgraded at all. Unless you absolutely cannot find a real green there's not much point in using them.

Speaking of that, for people around 10-12 currently playing, the tower weapon vendor is selling a green 110/119 Shingen-C AR for the next two hours. Much as I hate to admit it though, pulse rifles are now considerably better than ARs. Haven't tried the Shingen yet, but I don't think it will change my mind.
Yea, seems like typical new multiplayer game designer kneejerk reaction. omg! everyone is using autorifles and scout rifles, and no one uses pulse rifles. Let's both nerf auto rifles and scout rifles AND buff pulse rifles.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Is it really so difficult to add volume controls? Definitely something that rustle my jimmies. In this day and age there's no excuse for not having a basic fucking feature like volume controls.
Ahh well still enjoying the hell out of the game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Twitch chat channels for this game are just filled with hundreds of people complaining that this isn't on PC.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Made it to lvl 16 and have finished a few missions on Mars.

The complaints of repetitive missions etc is definitely accurate. I'm kind of sick of protecting robot Tyrion killing wave after wave of mobs. Still having fun though, but would have appreciated a bit more variety.

Loving Defender Titan as well, really fun to run into that bubble and reload/regain health before popping out and wrecking aliens.

Another issue is the grouping - world still feels pretty empty (on every planet I've been too) and have seen a grand total of 2 public events.

As for the strikes, they seem a bit over tuned... not hard, but annoying/tedious. I actually liked the Moon strike, and the boss was pretty damned tough - but the endless wizard/knight spawning was really obnoxious. Got it down, but have no desire to run it again, as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of incentive to running them.

Story feels disconnected, tacked on and not worth doing, as there are a bunch of easy crucible bounties that give 5k xp a pop.

All that said, its a pretty fun way to kill time - but I can't help but feel (at least at lvl 16) that I would be even more critical if there was anything (ANYTHING!) else worth playing on PS4. Hopefully that changes soon, as Destiny has nothing to compete with.
I am 13 and ive seen one public event which is ridiculous, hopefully Zarc is following this thread still so they can fix that shit. Phogoth on the moon is also absurdly tedious and difficult unless youre pretty well geared and atleast a level above strike level. Ive yet to see a blue item which is kinda lol since i had a bunch in beta while wishing i could keep lvling, now im of level but i cannot find any for my life.

They said this is a huge game but every planet is one map and all the missions just have you taking different turns on paths youve already done so the wh0le repetitive feeling is 100% set in after the second mission and carries over into the strike,

The game is fun so far but i hope strikes feel more rewarding after you max level because as stated id never do the moon strike again even if i was begged, that shit can EAD.

So far i have the game hovering at a 6.5-7 of 10,...at some points it hits an 8, then you do the moon strike and youre like.....dafuq

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I did gold on one public and the second one I saw I was about 30 seconds away from soloing, both big huge walkers, one on Earth, one on the Moon.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Diablo 3: uee is pretty much amazing. Come on over, I'll power level You to 70.
smile.png

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
There is not enough mmo in this game. Feels like im playing single player with random people i get to see running around briefly every once in awhile. They seriously need to add some kind of ingame chat and an easier way to form groups. Also wtf is with the shitty drop rate? Im lvl 11 and not seen a single blue item yet. I'm beggining to think they don't exist and will probably beat the game still wearing whites and the occasional green.

Kasted_sl

shitlord
I did the moon strike shortly before I called it a night and didn't find it too bad. It was 2 lvl 13s and a lvl 12. Clearing down to Phogoth was pretty quick without any deaths. It did take us 4 tries to finally kill him. If it wasn't for the adds throughout the fight it would be too easy. I think that is a fair amount for just a pug and no communications. The time it would get hectic was whenever the the multiple knights and 2 wizards would spawn, other than that the adds were manageable if you keep an eye out for them.

Got a nice blue chest piece from the fight so was happy with that. I do wish they would tone down the material requirements needed to upgrade some of the slots. I break down pretty much everything that I don't use or have replaced, and there is still barely enough armor parts to upgrade a piece of armor that I will probably replace in a few levels.

Column_sl

shitlord
Zarcath, they have to look at high level Titan. It is so broke in pvp it's insane.

I hope to god they run a pass on it, because right now you can pretty much not die if you time your cooldowns.
Your whole game will be Titans in pvp once people figure it out.

This is so op in pvp right now.

Super: WARD OF DAWN

Ward of Dawn: shape Void Light into an indestructible shield to protect you and your allies from harm.
Blessing of Light: passing through Ward of Dawn grants you and your allies a temporary shield.

Its a bubble shield, and you walk out with a overshield.....

spronk

FPS noob
My PS4 Ghosts edition from amazon had some slight package damage, like probably a lot of people. I emailed amazon and got a $65 refund, making the ps4 ghosts edition slightly less than $100. amazon ftw

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
They said this is a huge game but every planet is one map and all the missions just have you taking different turns on paths youve already done so the wh0le repetitive feeling is 100% set in after the second mission and carries over into the strike.
This is Skyrim all over again. Fun game, but repetitive as hell. Bungie will get a pass just like Bethesda. I was hoping this game would last me a few months--standard MMO timeline. But I would be surprised if it lasts even a month. As others have noted, it just feels like an ordinary FPS. Sure, it's fun completing the campaign with my brother, but two-player campaigns have been done before.

It's what? A total of five different maps? Yeah, there are multiple missions on each map, but each mission is only a slight variation on the one before it (i.e. turn LEFT instead of RIGHT).

The story is basically Halo (giant round object appears out of nowhere and aliens want to destroy everything + little floaty ball thingy accompanying the hero). It's at least close enough that if Destiny were made by a different company, Bungie would have a plausible cause of action for copyright violation.

What did they spend all their time doing? It wasn't spent making content or writing an original (or very good) story. Like I said, it's a fun game, but definitely not as good as I was expecting.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
How the hell do you accept a pending clan request? I can cancel it if I go to the RR clan page, so it I must have a request pending somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find it.

Anyway, the game's pretty good to be honest. I'm enjoying myself. I'm just a bit worried as to what end-game will be like. Unless there's something I'm missing, the only thing that seems to be worth actually doing is grinding for better gear. I'll probably do it, and enjoy it as well, if it's only that; but it's hard to deny that that's pretty sparse when it comes to amount of content. I guess that's what you get if you're playing a game that focuses on making detailed environments instead of a high quantity of them.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Everyone should be approved 6:42 am eastern.

Admin tools - Pending members

www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/187498

To everyone else that joined the RR group, you need to set it as your ps4/xbox clan if you wish to join. So far its just a clan tag but later on you get special trophies and raid type stuff, I guess. I would imagine they will do a bunch more with this.