Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Farm the patrol missions on mars. Farming patrols is by far the fastest way to rep. The best rep from a strike is from level 24 strikes which take about 30 mins. You can finish the same amount of rep from patrols in just under 10 minutes. I enjoy mars the most because it open and fun to scoot around on.

Also I bought my legs,arms,chest. I got have gotten Helm, and 2 weapon legendarys from actual drops. I have gotten a lot of stuff that wasnt for titans however and have broken it down to mats.

Picture of me farming Engrams.

rrr_img_76355.jpg

rrr_img_76356.jpg
Where is this farm spot?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The first mission on the Moon when you get to the big doors that all the mobs spew out of. There is a checkpoint right before the doors open so you open the doors, kill the thralls that spill out and then die. Restart from the checkpoint and repeat ad nauseum.

Gryce

Molten Core Raider
That is the first story mission on the moon, The Dark Below (?) I think. You basically go to where the dead guardian is at and then kill all the thralls and leave the knight alive so they keep spawning/let the knight kill you and start the process over again.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well now I just feel guilty for saying that. I was disappointed after the first day because I had been looking forward to this game for a long time. While it's definitely not the massive MMOFPS I thought it was going to be, I am still having a ton of fun playing. All the complaints are still there, but I just figure that this is the first game I've ever played right from release, and the problems will be ironed out.
You were right though. "Shit-covered diamond" is a far better description of the game than "polished turd." Sadly, it's an elephant-sized shit (the loot system) on top of a fed hyena turds (the complete lack of communication) on top of a 2-carat diamond.

Decided to go beast mode yesterday and did about 8 hours of mind numbing engram farming in the cosmodrome where the Fallen and the Hive fight each other just past skywatch. Basically infinite spawns at a leisurely pace. ~24 legendary engrams -- Every single one was a god damn blue. I now have a 24 Titan, 21 Warlock, 20 Hunter and I have yet to see a legendary or exotic on any of them.
This is unfortunately far closer to the norm than Grumpus' extreme outlier.

I finally (this the correct use of the word
biggrin.png
) got legendary weapons in all three slots late last night. For those who aren't aware, hitting Rank 3 with Vanguard gives a care-package in the mail that contains a random legendary. I got a sniper rifle, Epitaph 2261. Decent gun, but snipers are vastly inferior to fusion rifles so it was rather disappointing. Got a pulse rifle (Bad Seed Down) from a legendary engram when I hit rank 9 cryptarch. This one's actually a great weapon, since it rolled with full auto and kills->reload speed mods, but there's still the problem with titan vanguard armor being incompatible with pulse rifles except for the boots.

Seems I'll be stuck at L23-24 until Friday, since the game is unwilling to give me even a single legendary armor drop. The light system strikes me as weird, looking at it from this perspective. Legendary weapons have a far larger impact on your character's strength and ability to clear content, but the whole progression game revolves around fairly trivial armor upgrades. Durr?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Who wants to carry me in the final step for Thorn? Need to kill Xhor the Unwed during the Phogoth fight on epic difficulty. Perhaps a station cash card might tempt the elite here?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yes. Bounties refresh at 4am CST (2am PST, 5am EST). And what you see is what you get for the day
Intredasting, I suppose i'll have to check out the dailies every day then even if i don't plan on playing.
Do they expire at all? or is it only specific types that expire?

I realize that my ability in FPS games has gone downhill, i died like 6 times on some moon mission last night lol

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
None expire, altho some of the conditions might? For some reason on Monday there were 2 bounties for Salvage...that was a weekend only crucible mode.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Amusing that every blue the cryptarch gives me is for my main class (the guy who I am playing when I visit the cryptarch) and yet the one legendary he has decoded for me is for Titan. I think something is screwy in their algorithm

spronk

FPS noob
if you like diablo, phantasy star online, loot-grind MMOs you will love destiny. its that with RNG loot plus good PVP gaming. Its a 2-4 week game though outside the single raid, I'm not hardcore by any means (have done 0 strikes past level 22) and already am 70% towards pretty much the best pre-raid gear I can get in every slot, with legendary weps just being dependant on RNG luck. There are only 4 item slots and 3 weapon slots, but also a couple of vanity slots (mount, space ship, armor dye, ass covering cloak). Its better than Diablo 3 was at launch, but only marginally mostly due to having a really good PVP game. I'm sure in a year it'll be great, just like D3 became great with RoS (i hear i haven't played ROS yet).

It is nothing like Mass Effect or those kind of "story" games (Assassins Creed Last of Us Elder Scrolls etc), its totally a "fuck the story gimme lootz" game so if you hate PVP and prefer story/immersion then its not the game for you. If you love PVP and love grinding for loot then this game is perfect for you. I prefer story games but for 2 weeks or so I can totally channel my inner asian and love grinding camps for hours, but then a switch clicks and I never play the game again.

Amusing that every blue the cryptarch gives me is for my main class (the guy who I am playing when I visit the cryptarch) and yet the one legendary he has decoded for me is for Titan. I think something is screwy in their algorithm
the Cryptarch has a twitter page he's a real asshole. hahaha at "I'm the gamestop of Destiny"
Cryptarch (TheCryptarch) | Twitter

btw grump someone overtook you on grimoire score get that Wakandan!!!!

Vorph

Yeah, same here. I've gotten legendary boots and class item from engrams, and both are now equipped on my warlock instead of my titan.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
My Titan, who is 17, could actually make use of some blue items and yet I have not once gotten a class restricted blue a different class on my Warlock. I had actually assumed that the gear he had was not class restricted at all until I tossed a bunch of 16-17 blues he had outgrown or ID'd and didn't need into the Vault and went to grab them on my Titan only too see they were Warlock only.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Same as you Vorph and Qhue, except I actually got the ass cover legendary from one also! Totally useful!

eXarc

Trakanon Raider

Truehawk

Molten Core Raider
Who wants to carry me in the final step for Thorn? Need to kill Xhor the Unwed during the Phogoth fight on epic difficulty. Perhaps a station cash card might tempt the elite here?
I can help you with this tonight if you still need it. Currently playing my 26 Warlock (off and on due to a new baby) but I can make some time to run you through. ID is Truehawk if we aren't friends.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
I have been playing this casually (only level 16) but it is the most fun I have had playing a game in a very long time. Maybe it is due to my "hour a day" playstyle, but I really dig this game and expect I will be playing it for a very long time.

Vorph

My Titan, who is 17, could actually make use of some blue items and yet I have not once gotten a class restricted blue a different class on my Warlock. I had actually assumed that the gear he had was not class restricted at all until I tossed a bunch of 16-17 blues he had outgrown or ID'd and didn't need into the Vault and went to grab them on my Titan only too see they were Warlock only.
Legendary engrams specifically say that legendary items are random class, while blue items are not. Bungie apparently felt it was necessary to have 5 layers of RNG on both weapons (getting the engram, getting it to roll purple, getting the right slot, getting the right type of gun, and getting the right mods) and armor (getting the engram, getting it to roll purple, getting the right slot, getting the right class, and getting the right mods). I would argue that 3 is already pushing it and 5 is extremely excessive.

Fadaar

That guy
Legendary engrams specifically say that legendary items are random class, while blue items are not. Bungie apparently felt it was necessary to have 5 layers of RNG on both weapons (getting the engram, getting it to roll purple, getting the right slot, getting the right type of gun, and getting the right mods) and armor (getting the engram, getting it to roll purple, getting the right slot, getting the right class, and getting the right mods). I would argue that 3 is already pushing it and 5 is extremely excessive.
Which is why you're better off buying whatever purple weapon with the right combo of mods on it from a vendor, if it exists. At least IMO.