Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Well I got the exotic Hunter BP from Xur since I had nothing else to spend my coins on anyway and it is pretty underwhelming, haha. I know it's not the end of the world or anything and there are tons of exotics and whatever but ehhh a week of tension just didn't help. :p

I picked it up also just so I could say I finally got an exotic/legendary. It's pretty shit though. I am holding onto it in hopes some items get their stats reworked.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That is literally retarded that you can't even talk to people on your pug team in crucible. Clearly swatting has owned bungie's desire to take any form of a "risk" in communication methods

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I finally got an exotic bounty. On my warlock rather than my titan, of course, but whatever.

Choices are Bad Juju, Thorn, or Invective. I hate hand cannons, no interest in even trying an exotic one other than The Last Word. Not really interested in a shotgun either, I'd much rather get Pocket Infinity if I am going to have a secondary exotic. But is Bad Juju actually any good? The clip size is terrible and it got nerfed since beta pics of it were taken and no longer deals void damage. I can't find any videos of someone using a fully-upgraded one to see exactly how the instant reload effect works. It needs to be a ridiculously amazing weapon if I'm going to suffer through PVP to get it, and I need to decide soon since I have to complete 26 strikes before Xur fucks off until next Friday.

Are you sure they just aren't using headsets?
No, there is no chat in the game whatsoever unless you join a fireteam.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
To the people whining about gear: If you get everything in a week of playing, what the hell else are you going to do in the game?

Vorph

To the people whining about gear: If you get everything in a week of playing, what the hell else are you going to do in the game?
Good job completely missing the point of the criticisms made about the loot system.

Well, I finally got something worth while from a legendary engram. It just so happens to be the rocket launcher on sale from Xur atm.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So... The Warlock gloves (the Sunsinger-based ones) off of Xur, are they worth picking up or possibly hold out for something better next week?

I cannot decide to get them or not!!!!

Vorph

The exotic Sunsinger chest and the generic warlock helmet (Light Beyond Nemesis) are both a lot better than the gloves imo.

Vorph

No, it's calledLight Beyond Nemesis. It's got the fast-revive effect that the Titan BP Column was talking about earlier has on it. I meant generic as in it doesn't have anything that only applies to Sunsinger or Voidwalker.

For most content though, I think the Sunsinger chest is pretty godly. Not sure exactly how much it makes Radiance further reduce cooldowns, but the bonuses to heavy weapon ammo and fusion rifle ammo are excellent.

The Sunsinger gloves are really cool looking but for effects I'd put them as a distant third.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Jesus fuck all these disconnects. I have no issues with any game besides this one. Every time I sit down to fucking play I get dropped out of missions about 60% through, forcing me to start them over.

/rant

Column_sl

shitlord
Sunsinger gloves are way better then both of the Warlock BP's. You are going to spec into viking funeral anyway, so it lasting longer is a huge plus.
In raids you will only use radiance to rez yourself, so having extended radiance isn't even an option.

Warlock BPs both have useless effects imo. You wont use either of them in raiding, or pretty much anything else.
Also with the free amo glitch, those modifiers are barely needed.

I would rate it Helm> Gloves>BP's

The clip size is terrible and it got nerfed since beta pics of it were taken and no longer deals void damage
No primary weapon does elemental damage in live. Maybe later they will, but I've yet to see one that can.
I assume they did that to keep the primary weapons from just destroying Nightfalls etc

I'm like one defense upgrade from 29 right now, hoping for some legendary drops this weekend that I can dissemble.
At that point you need raid gear to reach 30.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
If you have an ISP modem turn off the firewall on it. Fixed all my disconnecting issues.
Looks like that is my next step. I already did all the port forwarding nonsense but it doesn't seem to help. Nor does switching to a wired connection. Fuck.