Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I just hit 20 last night. So what should I focus on now? Any guides so I dont waste time?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So I just hit 20 last night. So what should I focus on now? Any guides so I dont waste time?
Get vanguard rep to level 3 doing bounties first, and either strikes or patrols second. After that you can do Public Events for easy and quick marks plus some legendary upgrade mats, or you can do strike playlists for marks, rep and engrams. As a note, you are limited to 100 marks per week, and try to do at least one public event per day to get the daily material package in the mail.

Also, the higher level daily story missions give 1 or 2 legendary mats depending on level you choose, it's a good idea to work those in if you have time

buy legendary gear when you hit vanguard rank 2, should take you to 27 without spending mats if I remember correctly.

Do the weekly strikes at the highest level you can complete and save strange coins for exotic weapons or armor from xur.

Once you hit 27 you can start regular mode VoG raid

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I might be available after 5pm pst, would be better after 7pm pst. On-shift.

Need gatekeeper and Atheon on my Titan, normal mode.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
Actually I take that back -- only need Gatekeeper on hard, not normal. I can still help out with the kills if you guys can't find a #6 that would get the rewards.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So another bug. If you have the Voidwalker chest piece (that gives grenade energy on spawn), you can have infinite grenades. Have to be in Sunsinger spec, with Rez enabled. Use your grenade(s), then switch from self-rez to group ability reduction, close out of skill tree and you get your grenade(s) back. Rinse / repeat.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
It's easier than that. I am able to throw my grenades, then change my spec to use a different type of grenade, and then they are immediately available for use. When cheesing Templar, I toss, switch from solar grenade -> sticky grenade -> solar grenade (in one go, no closing skill tree between swaps), toss, repeat.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
I can do Gatekeeper/Atheon normal mode on my lvl 27 hunter if you guys still need another. I'll be on after 5 pm PST. Playing on PS4, gametag Caduceus888. Already have a few of you on friends list.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ok, let's plan on 8 eastern for Atheon, if it goes quick we can see what anyone else needs still.

We have me, noble, Kruegen, bandwagon, and Izuldan, with Sarthis and Usha willing to help if needed.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hey guys, I'm going to have to tap out from this one. I forgot that it's the first Monday of the month. Business meeting tonight.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That's fine, assuming everyone is around and sarthis and Usha are still willing, we should have 6.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm also trying to get my alt 20 in time to get the weekly in. Currently browsing the web while the ending cutscene plays.

Ferr_sl

shitlord
So im 21 now, and I already have 2-3 purple items for a class that I am not. I am already understanding some peoples complaints here. Are there any active ps3 players left on these forums? Seems everyone is ps4 (I know, I need to just buy one).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So im 21 now, and I already have 2-3 purple items for a class that I am not. I am already understanding some peoples complaints here. Are there any active ps3 players left on these forums? Seems everyone is ps4 (I know, I need to just buy one).
I don't think I have gotten a single item from engrams that I have actually used, except for the exotic ones bought from xur

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I don't suppose holding these hunter exotics in my inventory will prevent more from dropping because it hasn't ever worked that way ever.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Should have sent chat invites to everyone, Kruegen I got a NAT error for you when you joined

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Is there any benefit to winning Rumble? As near as I can tell the primary goal is to just have it be over faster.

Finally saw the Mercury PVP map... Kind of a kick in the balls that places like Mercury only exist as PVP maps and won't be part of the DLC for at least a year.