Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
What do you use for your legendary primary then? I bought the Devil you Don't and it has a 5 round clip and is garbage

Also, I've never done VoG....tfw no Vex

Erie_sl

shitlord
the only exotics you should carry around are gallahorn, ice breaker, thorn, and vex mythoclast. rest are all trash you keep in the bank. mida and red death are minorly useful for parts of CE - mida lets you ignore thrall run area debuff until x10, red death lets you heal against crota if you are cheesing him (cant pick up chalice if cheesing).
Curious, why can't you pick up chalice? I heard that in my group this week as well, but the same dude did it twice without listening and we still cheesed. I know it helps by not leaving tower area to avoid boomers spawning while attempting the cheese.

Just got Saterieene Rapier and Another NITC in nightfall/weekly engrams tonight. Kinda sucks though as neither has firefly so not really sure what one to use (the rapier is same exact one as crucible vendor). Really wish they'd let you reroll legendary weapons for new perks

spronk

FPS noob
if you pick up the chalice after crota is kneeling he gets up when anyone regen's health from the chalice (i ...tested... this by accidentally grabbing it this week). you can pick it up before he kneels and it won't affect him but then you start the timers for the knights and ogres because you went out the door, by staying in the room you avoid them all for the most part so its pretty much better not getting the chalice if you are going to cheese him.

and yeah my go to weps are fatebringer, great for the explosion dmg in pve and pvp and VoC for high bullet and fire dmg. shadow price and rapier are pretty good too. even stuff like devil you know/don't both go to 13 ammo once you unlock field scout, so they are ok but fatebringer is sorta better although it caps at 300
frown.png

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm pretty sure the crucible rapier has firefly and outlaw, Erie, so if the one you have doesn't then it's not the same as vendor

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Me and Noble did it with us 2. Really just snipe the first shrieker, run around until the explosions go away and then run to the second one, jumping and rocketing. The door won't start closing until you are entering the drop down room, unless you mess around too long
Actually just did it solo wih a Hezen vengeance because I didn't have my hunger of Crota on Me. Pretty easy as a warlock now that I have it down, snipe the first one wih whatever primary or sniper you have, then have the hover and aim perk along with radiant skin to reduce damage. Just jump up, rocket twice (probably once with a good rocket launcher) and second one will be dead before you hit the ground. Gotta be a little lucky and not have an exploder difectly under you, but other than that not too bad

Xevy

Log Wizard
We chez Crota with the chalice. Our sworded grabs it while leader is DC'd. Croat doesn't get up.

For PVE Saterienne/Badger are good excluding raid weapons. New Monarchy has the only non-low impact auto rifle, the Vanquisher. FWC has the Chance pistol and Crucible has FDYW pistol
Both solid unless you have a 10+ round rangefinder/spray and play/fitted stock purple.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Need to do another run of nightfall/weekly heroic if anyone still needs it.

Also, anyone have vog chest checkpoint?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I got the Dark Below version of Vanquisher from leveling up New Monarchy. It's a solid Auto Rifle but it's low ammo is a serious drawback. It doesn't have enough ammo capacity to take down bigger enemies like Knights or Captains and that's a very severe drawback.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally got thorn bounty. If i can ever not suck at pvp I'll get to see what all the fuss about thorn is. It's the only weapon on that list you guys have been making of must haves that i might have soon (assuming xur is an a-hole again tomorrow and doesn't sell ib or ghelly)

spronk

FPS noob
warlock solo's crota raid to get the flawless raider trophy, pretty cool ironman level shit

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So for primary exotics I have suros, MIDA, Hard light and Mythoclast.

What would be the best to level in your opinions? I have VoC and Epilogue maxxed for primaries and a Shadow Price for PvP.

Edit - asking because I hate doing bounties so leveling weapons ends up being a pain in my ass.

Also what are the chances bungie will ever fix hive disruptor negatibg the Black Hammer perk? Fully upgraded mine without knowing that the extra dmg ti hive completely negates it.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exotics are harder to level anyway. I always just save the exp weapon mod, save up multiple 5k bounties and hand them all in at once. Auto rifle was available today and I keep a few of each type saved in the bank. (Special weapons especially). For full time use I'd assume you mean the newer version of suros and Mida? I have no experience with Hard light, but I'd prefer a higher capped weapon for medium to far range, Mythoclast for closer ranges and swarm fights. Suros gets the job done in any situation though for mixed combat.

Honestly, the only difference I see in weapons is the highest damage cap, primary elemental bonuses and personal preference.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Those hunter gloves that xur is selling are probably one of the best exotic armors you can get. Super energy on kills and invis when you get meleed

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Picked up the Exotic Chestpiece. It looks pretty solid.

One of these days I've got to do some Glimmer farming. Glimmer is another one of those retarded grinds in this game. I know about the Mars Mission to cap out. Just annoying to have to go out and do it since there's no good way to collect Glimmer just doing normal stuff. Too bad bounties don't award like 500 Glimmer on completion but Bungie likes their grinds...