Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
If that was true they never would have created 331 versions.
You then missed the point I was making with the very next sentence. Its to late for them to make any dramatic changes to those weapons. The genie is out of the bottle and there is no putting him back in. They would never be able to sell it to the player community and still save face. As much as I agree that those guns are OP'ed and game changers they are a key part to how most everyone plays Destiny now.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah they could of sold the nerf like the first month or two of the game, even when the exotic rebalancing happened before crota, it was the perfect opportunity because everyone that knew how good those two weapons were was expecting a nerf and was pleasantly surprised that it did not get nerfs.

Look im all for weapons like this, shit I use them all the time, its the only exotics I use, and thats the problem. Now they either need to make new exotics as good or better than those two to get people to use them and want them, which really spoils the entire exotic meta. Shit if you get the Ballerhorn and icebreaker, you pretty much won the exotic game weapon game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's much more likely that Bungie knows what they're doing with weapon balance and isn't worried, than to assume that they fucked up early on and are continuing to perpetuate a broken situation. You honestly think they would be scared of a couple nerfs?

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
It's much more likely that Bungie knows what they're doing with weapon balance and isn't worried, than to assume that they fucked up early on and are continuing to perpetuate a broken situation. You honestly think they would be scared of a couple nerfs?
I think you are smoking some good shit if you really think Bungie is good at executing weapon balance. How many times has the Vex been nerfed and then rebalanced? When was the last time you pulled out your old trusty pulse rifle for well anything? How about shotguns, I can count the number of times I have ever used a shotgun in PvE on zero fingers. Why don't you tell me how well you fair with Atheons Epilouge in PvP.

If you think the Destiny that you are playing today is the result of some well planned out and executed strategy then you my friend are being foolish. Most of this shit that has been patched in or part of the DLC has suffered from extreme lack of understanding of who their player base is and how those folks like to play this game. Its basically a monkey fucking a football at this point. A 500 million dollar football.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Please armchair some more and tell me about how one of the most successful game development companies in in the world doesn't know what they're doing.

After that try explaining why Bungie would be fine nerfing and rebalancing other weapons multiple times but you think they're scared to touch Gjallarhorn or IB.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You need to hop off the bungie penis bro. And yeah they are scared and this is why they never did it or even attempted to do it. Nerf the two most beloved and cherished weapons in the game? Now?

Bungie_sl said:
Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel, and sound overpowered. At the same time, they are not supposed to break the balance of the game.
Hmm, lets see a sniper rifle that does the most damage out of all other sniper rifles and hey, lets make the bullets regenerate over time, so you can shoot the thing from a safe spot over and over untill shit is dead.

Lets see a rocket launcher with tracking with little wolf rounds that spew out and track too that does nearly double the DPS of any other rocket launcher available? Yeah not breaking the balance or nothing.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
There just needs to be more exotics like IB and Ghalla, so we aren't stuck just using those 2 in any given encounter. Fuck nerfs, OP shit is fun.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well Efreedit's Spear does the same or better damage than IB. The regenerative ammo is key. Gjallahorn is awesome, but really just for boss fights. It's the weapon I have to switch on and eat a synth to use. There'd be a much more apparent OPness to these weapons if you were allowed to use an exotic in every weapon slot. Everyone would be running with something like Vex Mytho/IB/Gjallorhorn for PVE. At least the 1 limit makes you have to switch around and find decent 'alternates' for when the OP weapons aren't being equipped.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I agree with the idea of not nerfing these guns and instead just bump up all other exotics to be OP'ed as well. OP'ed guns and equipment make the game fun.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
LOL the Reddit Xur thread is pretty funny to read. After this weekend there are going to be only 2 types of players in Destiny. Those that have 3 Ice Breakers and those that don't =P

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hmm, lets see a sniper rifle that does the most damage out of all other sniper rifles and hey, lets make the bullets regenerate over time, so you can shoot the thing from a safe spot over and over untill shit is dead.
The problem here isn't that there is an ammo regenerating sniper rifle, but the fact that most encounters have a cheesy safe spot that you can sit in and not give a fuck about anything, regardless of the weapon you're using.

Lets see a rocket launcher with tracking with little wolf rounds that spew out and track too that does nearly double the DPS of any other rocket launcher available? Yeah not breaking the balance or nothing.
Um yeah an exotic rocket launchershoulddo a shitload of damage. Maybe not twice as much as others, but maybe others should be boosted instead. Either way Gjallarhorn isn't required for anything, nothing is balanced around it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
As far as weapon balancing goes, the suros and vex nerfs have been based around pvp. IB and gjalla haven't been nerfed vecause they're not a problem in pvp.

Bungie MIGHT know what they're doing when it comes to balancing pvp and have a master plan...such is diluting class differences, but they are fucking up so many aspects of pve that it's not even worth listing them anymore.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
LOL the Reddit Xur thread is pretty funny to read. After this weekend there are going to be only 2 types of players in Destiny. Those that have 3 Ice Breakers and those that don't =P
Before the dlc hit I had acquired four IB's. Destroyed one. Only upgraded one a while back, bought myself another one today. Destroyed one of my older ones again. That puts me at 5 IB's in total. Still haven't seen a single Gjallahorn though. This fifth IB for me puts me in line with the six Plan C's and the 7 SUROS's I've gotten.

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Icebreaker is great to have but it's not the end all be all of sniper rifles. It really only excels at certain strikes where you need to hide and snipe a couple times then hide again, and you can't go out to get ammo. The overall dps of the weapon is limited because you get 7-8 shots and have to wait for regen, if you are trying to burn something down (like atheon) you can do more with praedyth's revenge or similar. It's not great in PvP, and you don't need it for running the daily bounties. In my mind it is a well balanced exotic.

The ballerhorn is the highest damage gun per shot, it seems nice for burning stuff down (I still don't have one) but you don't need to have one to complete any content. I run the raids with 3 of my friends on Tuesdays, our group only has 1 ghorn and we can still 4-man any content just fine. Maybe it will be needed for HM CR, we'll see. I feel like the hype around these weapons is way overblown.

On a side note the current banner for /rdestinythegame is pretty funny.

spronk

FPS noob
haha i have styles off for subreddits, turned it on and thats awesome. its an animated gif of raining icebreakers

how good is the Iron Banner sniper if you already have 1 (or 3) IBs? I'm going for rank 5 to get the hand cannon for shits and giggles, I am not a pro PVPer or anything just play for fun. I use a thorn normally, as eatbeast said its fun as fuck to shoot someone, die, and then watch him die to the dot while running around trying to shake it off like ants or something. After that the only thing left for me in Destiny is the Hawkmoon and the crota HM weps.

one tip for the newer players: keep 10 bounties stacked up in your bounty list, and knock em out when you can. Drop the +50 rep bounties and replace with 100 rep when you can. I'll grab a few bounties a day and then knock out like 8 or 10 in a one or two hour session. The first DLC mission, the one north on the earth/russia map, lets you knock out a TON of Eris bounties in a quick 15 minute session. Stuff like kill hive with sword, kill swordbearers, kill hive majors, generate orbs, melee hive, etc. One trick for it is after you clear the first area, the swordbearer, and the next room, just die to the boss in the grotto. then run back to the start and it all respawns and you can kill the sword guy again (and all the hive swarm you now). can do most of the bounties in the game right there.

the new cool kids club is the 3 gallahorn club

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
One of my friends I play with has gotten six (6!) icebreakers, and 3 ghorns from drops. I have never seen either and only have icebreaker because of Xur. This same friend was stuck at 29 until the week before the DLC because gloves would never drop for him in VoG running 3 titans every week, and now is stuck at 31 because he can't get a chestpiece or helm running 3 titans. RNG gonna RNG!

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
The problem here isn't that there is an ammo regenerating sniper rifle, but the fact that most encounters have a cheesy safe spot that you can sit in and not give a fuck about anything, regardless of the weapon you're using.
The ammo regen is THE reason IB is so badass. Cheese spots with any other sniper where you would have to burn through ammo synths like crazy to get the same effect would not be nearly as effective. This weapon alone completely negates Juggler on any Nightfall/Weekly. Add in the ability for IB to regen ammo for any other special weapon as well and its game over. Ice Breaker.......there is no substitute