Destiny

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Two things about Destiny are keeping me away; No PC version, no over-the-shoulder perspective in combat.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's absolutely no way they're spending that much money and not porting it to PC. Especially once they realize the market for bear-ass collecting is just not that large on the installed user base of consoles.

They need to sell 15 million to break even, there's only 5 million next gen consoles sold, and last gen consoles are less likely to be internet connected.

imijj_sl

shitlord
There's absolutely no way they're spending that much money and not porting it to PC. Especially once they realize the market for bear-ass collecting is just not that large on the installed user base of consoles.

They need to sell 15 million to break even, there's only 5 million next gen consoles sold, and last gen consoles are less likely to be internet connected.
If I remember right they have made it pretty clear there isn't going to be a PC version.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Eh whos 360 or ps3 was not internet connected? there is easily more than enough consoles for Destiny to take foothold in - its just a matter of if it will sell like hotcakes or not. I dont see a problem with it hitting 10m copies sold - Destiny is possibly the most anticipated game this year.

spronk

FPS noob
can preorder for consoles on amazon, get beta code, and cancel before shipment if you don't like the game

some loot codes you can type in for free shizzit if you do end up playing
Destiny Loot Codes : PS4

and fuck em for not releasing on pc, FUCK YOU!!!!

imijj_sl

shitlord
Gun games aren't fun with a controller when you grew up on kb&m. Extra effort for worse results is shit dude.
Yep. It just feels like shit using those stupid sticks. And I'm not some kind of PC elitist, I just don't like how FPS games feel on consoles.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Eh. I grew up on doom, but the transition to Halo was seamless for me. I like PC as well, but this game sold a PS4 for me.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Dual sick control for an fps game is like playing a saxophone with your feet. Do not want.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
All this complaining is humorous - my first FPS game on a console was MW2 and it felt like i was shooting in the air for a good few months but it eventually felt natural to the point that it doesnt bother me anymore. I grew up on Hexen, UT, Doom, and the likes but its really not that bad and all this complaining just makes you guys sound bitter. Sure its not listed on PC just yet, and it may never be. However alot of games go to PC and not console - its just how it is - just get both or dont buy it.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Ya my ex got on an anti-butter kick and decided we were going to use margarine for 'health benefits'. It was pretty close and after a while I got used to it. Then we broke up and I started eating butter again. And after all those years of not eating butter, ya know what?

Margarine still fucking sucks.

This morning I rekt my toast with the good shit like it was some console pleb on dialup.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I may have spent a fair amount of time on Halo and CoD4 but it had never entered my mind that I grew up with FPS's on PC. I played the first Unreal to death growing up. It was an absolute blast. Now that it's been mentioned, I would like to play a game like Destiny on PC rather than console but I guess the trend has shifted and the market isn't there for PC compared to he consoles.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Ya my ex got on an anti-butter kick and decided we were going to use margarine for 'health benefits'. It was pretty close and after a while I got used to it. Then we broke up and I started eating butter again. And after all those years of not eating butter, ya know what?

Margarine still fucking sucks.

This morning I rekt my toast with the good shit like it was some console pleb on dialup.
Ironically, margarine is not healthier than butter. Large scale studies have shown that people who eat saturated fats (found in dairy or meat) are less, not more likely, to die from any cause, especially those associated with blocked arteries and coronary function.

Based upon this, I can look forward to the studies in 10-20 years time that show that people that play shooters with KB&M live longer than those who use control pads.

Caliane

I may have spent a fair amount of time on Halo and CoD4 but it had never entered my mind that I grew up with FPS's on PC. I played the first Unreal to death growing up. It was an absolute blast. Now that it's been mentioned, I would like to play a game like Destiny on PC rather than console but I guess the trend has shifted and the market isn't there for PC compared to he consoles.
the main issue is, even PC shooters are hardly PC shooters anymore. Since they are almost all cross platform, they must be designed to with console control limitations in mind.

This is very true with Destiny as well. as again, if console is the PRIMARY design. then clearly, its level design, character controls, UI etc, will all be designed with that in mind.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Using a controller is inferior compared to a mouse / keyboard. That said, its trivial to learn how to play with one and if you skip every game that hits consoles only because of the controller then it's your loss. In fact you sound like my old coot fuck in a retirement home talking about how he can't use a mouse because he doesn't want to put forth any effort into trying.

Caliane

no. its more like, refusing to use a 1990's mouse that has no thumb buttons, or wheel.

holy shit is that hell.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Have a feeling this is not going to be to my liking. Is it a MASSIVELY multiplayer game? Or more like 3-4 buddies entering a lobby, choosing a spot on the map to warp to, and then starting a small campaign...