Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok I'll check it out when I get home.

I also have to clean out my inventory. I looted about 76 bottles of booze in the first zone after the train explosion.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Max inventory is a must, no way to carry around enough explosives to open all the shit you can't be bothered to hack.

Hacking is probably worse than in the previous game, the visual clarity went way down, it's hard to figure which node is hackable and which isn't and you are getting all the programs that proliferate like google tabs and gobble up inventory space. However, picking apart the Palisade bank was pretty fun, although I feel like the level designers are cheating a bit - you have these RL spaces that look credible and they just wrap up all the vents and maintenance tunnels on the outside. I also find the AI a bit wonky, sometimes they get alarmed by stuff they really shouldn't be able to see, or I am maybe too used to myopic enemies in stealth games.

spronk

FPS noob
you can use a multitool on any PC/keypad and skip hacking, and it "only" costs 120 thingies to craft a multitool. I savescum liberally on it all though, basically save right before a hack, abort if the timer counts down, try again, and reload if I burn all my tries. 90% of computers have useless information on them anyways, so I reload my save if I used a multitool on it. I don't think there is any achievement for hacking every PC/keypad.

and yeah save games are exactly where you save, on ps4 you can only "hold" 11 save games I assume its similar on PC. Saving is SUPER fast, like 1-2 seconds, but reloading a save is slow like 20-30 seconds.

man I can't wait to get to hamplanet i wanna sex her up. If you take a shower in Adam's apartment he gets naked but you never see if he has a regular dick or a robot dick

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so that was my next question, well 2 of them:

1) How do you manually save on PS4?
2) Can someone actually explain hacking? As of right now, I am just flailing around the screen clicking on random folders trying to get to the end orb, and I do not even know what fortify means, or how I am supposed to know which path to take.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I can answer #2. The point is to get from the starting point to the green orb nodes by 'hacking' the nodes along the path. The number on the node indicates the difficulty of hacking that node (time it takes to hack as well as chance of tripping the security). Once you trip the security (the red orbs) they will begin 'hacking' their way towards your starting node, once that happens they have traced your hack and locked the console (for a period of time until you can retry).

Fortify is one of the programs you can use in the hacking minigame. What it does is raises the node number against the security so it will take them longer to hack that specific node on their way to your starting node. So it's pointless to reinforce nodes that are not in a line between you and the security nodes. The nuke program will automatically take over a node instead of having to spend the time hacking. The other programs give other advantages while hacking.

Some of the other nodes in the minigame are the Spam node and the circular disk looking nodes. These will have stuff like credits and information in them for extra reward but you have to risk hacking your way over to them.

spronk

FPS noob
press options button on ps4 and you will see load/save in the pause menu. touchpad brings up inventory and crap like that. Holding DOWN touchpad though does something else, I forget. the controls are not the greatest, they try to reuse buttons a lot and it gets confusing. For example you press square and then L2 immediately to put away a weapon, which is massively unintuitive. You have to hold down L3 to bring up your aug menu, and you can assign one aug to L1 (usually vision) and the rest can be assigned to d-pad. Holding down R3 brings up your weapons wheel where you can also put away a weapon.

There are also 4-5 control setups you can use, like the old HR or a more standard FPS one, but I find the default DXMD fine for me, just always forget how the fuck to put a weapon away

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am using the default controls. I had to remember how to take cover a few times by randomly guessing. In the initial tutorial (When you can choose to do the tutorial or not) you get the instructions once, but if you restart the tutorial, they don't appear again.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Seems like if you quicksave in cover pointed at a position where you can move with spacebar, quickloading and starting the game with spacebar will make you run there. Really annoying bug, but the sight of Jensen sneaking into the crotch of 3 policemen was hilarious the first time. PC obv.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've spent the first two days of this game just breaking into houses all over the city. I broke into one and whilst hacking the computers I realized it was the directors apartment. Also, strong suspicion that he's a homosexual. Check out the photos in his house if you find yourself there.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty sure I broke into every single place possible except for the church of the machine god, there are some pretty well tucked away places. My major complaint is that it is impossible to break the game's progression, the quest objectives simply don't spawn until you get the appropriate quest - I cleaned out the whole bank, but certain sensitive files in the CEO's safe simply weren't there and I had to visit the place again when I got the appropriate quest.

Also is anybody bothering with the triangle scanning ? I found like 10 of them so far, but I really don't see the point of Squeenix account.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Patch Notes:

We have just released the second PC patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v3.0 build 524.10. This patch focusses on critical issues that were reported by users during the week after release.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client or manually look for updates in the Windows Store.

The following fixes are in this patch:
  • Adjustments to the Mouse Sensitivity settings, which mean that you can now set sensitivity for the X and Y axis separately.
  • Increased range of Mouse Sensitivity settings.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause missing geometry in the Dubai level.
  • Fixed an issue with player movement and running on stairs and sloped surfaces.
  • Fixed various issues with 21:9 setups.
  • Fixed an issue where the “Unmark All” prompt would stay on screen.
  • Field of view setting now displays the angle used.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on older versions, we have made a Beta available on Steam, v1.0_build 524.6 and v2.0_build 524.7, that can be used to switch back to previous versions.

We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Damn, that forced choice that happens in Prague at night was really natural and not bullshit.

Also punched the fatass hooker.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got this last night and really liking it, more so then the previous one. Too bad I won't be able to play for a while as I just sent in my 970 for a step up 1070.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Finally got some time to play this and I'm remembering how hard it is to decide what to spend Praxis on. So many cool things, so little Praxis.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You get gobs of Praxis though. Its just early on its hard to decide, but they give you 11 right off the bat once you get to the dude to fix your augments. First order of business is getting the inventory expansions and at least one ability that allows you to move more freely, such as the wall punch, or gas breathing.

This game is, in my opinion, as good as the reboot, which is among my favorite games ever.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
MGS5 was fucking amazing even with the final mission being left on the cutting room floor because Konami.

Holy shit the mechanics of that game.

spronk

FPS noob
I slightly prefer the mechanics of Deus Ex to MGS5, mostly because you don't have a timer always running against you but also being able to 100% stealth everything is really nice, that was impossible in MGS5. The weapon variety in MGS5 though is infinitely better, as is the customization and its definitely a cleaner/easier user interface.