Dexter: New Blood

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vibe of the new season looks a lot different than the previous ones. Looks pretty interesting.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
6 part miniseries. if it does well, it will likely be renewed as a series. Showtime has been looking to revive this IP forever.

Michael C Hall is the one who had cold feet about committing to a regular season of Dexter.

Showtime was fine with Season 9 and Michael C. Hall said no and forced the mini-series.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He's actually still rambling about it as a selling point in the marketing promotion

I'm going to go ahead and put Animosity Animosity on notice. Manage your expectations.

1631600058515.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He's actually still rambling about it as a selling point in the marketing promotion

I'm going to go ahead and put Animosity Animosity on notice. Manage your expectations.

View attachment 372546
these people always hedge their bets, he makes it look like he isnt salivating for another run, meanwhile thats what he would love more than anything. he just wants more money to cajole him into it. we will see. i say if the show does well. he gets a big fat money truck backed up to his house and the series is back just like that. i expect this show to do well, why? because i am interested in watching it even though the show completely shit itself the last two seasons.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
these people always hedge their bets, he makes it look like he isnt salivating for another run, meanwhile thats what he would love more than anything. he just wants more money to cajole him into it. we will see. i say if the show does well. he gets a big fat money truck backed up to his house and the series is back just like that. i expect this show to do well, why? because i am interested in watching it even though the show completely shit itself the last two seasons.

One thing is for certain. Michael C Hall is no Harrison Ford. He's not resentful towards something that made him famous. The fact he was able to pick 4 episodes of the original Dexter series that were his favorite when asked and describe why demonstrate he is a genuine fan of the show.

That does play well towards there possibly being a revival of New Blood as a regular recurring season show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
One thing is for certain. Michael C Hall is no Harrison Ford. He's not resentful towards something that made him famous. The fact he was able to pick 4 episodes of the original Dexter series that were his favorite when asked and describe why demonstrate he is a genuine fan of the show.

That does play well towards there possibly being a revival of New Blood as a regular recurring season show.
for me the second season will always be my favorite. smoking hot brit chick. cool villain. Deb and Lundy. ive watched season 2 several times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
for me the second season will always be my favorite. smoking hot brit chick. cool villain. Deb and Lundy. ive watched season 2 several times.

These were Michael C Hall's favorites off top. Of course, with 96 episodes, it's hard to distill it down to just a few big moments.

1631601796259.png

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
All I know is when the theme song starts playing and that breakfast is getting made I get hype.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The worst thing about Dexter was that even with a 13 episode season they couldn't keep the story and characters tight. After the first few seasons it would start with one or two good episodes, drag for the next 8, and then pick up towards the end as they got closer to the conclusion. I'm sure it was mostly poor writing, but some of the actors didn't help. If they can keep up good intensity for 6 episodes then they need to think about much shorter 'seasons' so that they can just make a good TV show without all the filler.

What's the difference between a 6 part mini-series and a 6 episode season?

In 2021? Nothing.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
a mini series is usually one a done. Season implies there will be a future season. I dont know how with Dexter this is considered a mini series when there is already 8 previous seasons. Just call it season 9 because thats technically what it is.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They don't want to call it season 9 for what I believe to be obvious reasons.

Those obvious reasons are seasons 5-8.

Season 5 wasn't *that bad* in terms of just TV garbage. But 6 was so bad I never even watched 7 and 8. And by all accounts I saved myself a lot of trouble with that decision

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A mini series is basically just a several part movie with a concrete ending. A tv series is usually just a flow of events surrounding a certain character that may have a resolution at the end of each episode. The dexter tv show had a serialized format, but it also was a typical tv show format introducing characters and plots resolved at the end of each episode