Rita was a piece of ass.

63-Julie-Benz-Sexy-Pictures-Are-Truly-Epic-1.jpg

• 6Like
  • 3Mother of God
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah Rita was hot. It was very obvious when they started having her wear makeup and then when she got the boob job between seasons as well.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You skipped the Trinity Killer? Wow, that's crazy. Watch season 4, just for John Lithgow alone.

That's like saying you watched Westworld, but you only bothered with Seasons 2 and 3. Season 1 was too long ago.
Lithgow really did nail the fuck out of that role. it really sucks when you get a good bunch of seasons for a show and then it abruptly tanks out of the blue. you're like, wtf happened to my favorite TV show?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Ok, silly question I know...but I haven't seen an episode and am thinking of binge watching.

For background purposes
I consider top 3 television ever to be:

1. The Wire
2. Breaking Bad
3. Sopranos

I have heard reviews for this show over the years, but I tend to trust the FOH guys (and gals) for honest reviews.

Show near the level of ones listed?
Any seasons worth skipping, or is it a watch straight through? (Filler episodes?)
Any other tips?

I will start in a couple days, so let me know your opinions.

(And I am embarrassed I haven't seen this...I know)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ok, silly question I know...but I haven't seen an episode and am thinking of binge watching.

For background purposes

1. The Wire
2. Breaking Bad
3. Sopranos

I have heard reviews for this show over the years, but I tend to trust the FOH guys (and gals) for honest reviews.

Any seasons worth skipping, or is it a watch straight through? (Filler episodes?)
Any other tips?

i think our board consensus says that Dexter s1-4 is top tier. 5-8 is shit tier. decide for yourself after season 4 if you want to proceed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

For background purposes

1. The Wire
2. Breaking Bad
3. Sopranos

Any other tips?

Watch the first four seasons and then throw it in the crapper. The later seasons are so bad they make you start to hate the first seasons. It’s objectively some of the worst tv ever made by the end.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Showtime did the same thing with Weeds except it was only good for two seasons and they kept it on for 8. Sort of similar for Six Feet Under except it got good again in the last season.

Edit: I just realized that 6 feet under was on HBO, not Showtime.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
at the end of season 4 dexter was right beneath Sopranos, BB and the Wire. Right there. Then it tanked so bad it’s under Oz

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
i think our board consensus says that Dexter s1-4 is top tier. 5-8 is shit tier. decide for yourself after season 4 if you want to proceed.
Very much this. The show was incredible for the first 4 seasons. Then it quickly went bad. Season 5 wasn't "that" bad, but it was definitely the start of a nosedive that quickly accelerated for seasons 6 & 7 before finally to finally smashing flat into the ground for season 8.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Michael C. Hal may be intent on continuing the descent.

1627533495720.png

I don't really connect "more story opportunities" because of having more time between the ending of the last season.

Anyone?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Very much this. The show was incredible for the first 4 seasons. Then it quickly went bad. Season 5 wasn't "that" bad, but it was definitely the start of a nosedive that quickly accelerated for seasons 6 & 7 before finally to finally smashing flat into the ground for season 8.
It’s actually amazing how the show dives at such an incredible pace. I think you literally couldn’t get a worst script for season 8 if you put a monkey on drugs and had it shit on a dictionary. It’s that bad. The writing makes lendarios look like a Shakespearean epic poet. It takes everything good about the show and aggressively attacks it. I couldn’t finish that abomination.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Apparently the 1-4 season showrunner was Clyde Phillips and he's back.

5,6,7 weren't his doing. It might have a chance. I had always just assumed it was the same showrunner for the entire run.

Clyde Phillips personally visited Michael C. Hall to pitch the revival. So if Clyde delivered heat in 1-4, he might have something.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its a common problem with some of these shows, they are always trying to top the previous season. so they end up going into tryhard mode. actually, i think season 4 was the start of their tryhard mode. they had a good premise, but they went over the top at the end. then when they went over the top, they kept trying to out top the over the top and then they went so far beyond what people were expecting from this show that it crashed completely by the end of season 7. at least thats how it felt to me. i guess they could have gone the old fogey route and just kept each season more formulaic and less dynamic. at least that way it would have bored people away over time instead of pissing everyone off. i dont like being pissed off at shows i like. god i loved Eureka, but that final season really pissed me the fuck off. they turned everything upside down.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I could have watched doakes the tv series. This should have been a prequel. Or just go fuck it and have crazed woodman doakes hunting dexter down.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
its a common problem with some of these shows, they are always trying to top the previous season. so they end up going into tryhard mode. actually, i think season 4 was the start of their tryhard mode. they had a good premise, but they went over the top at the end. then when they went over the top, they kept trying to out top the over the top and then they went so far beyond what people were expecting from this show that it crashed completely by the end of season 7. at least thats how it felt to me. i guess they could have gone the old fogey route and just kept each season more formulaic and less dynamic. at least that way it would have bored people away over time instead of pissing everyone off. i dont like being pissed off at shows i like. god i loved Eureka, but that final season really pissed me the fuck off. they turned everything upside down.
Sounds like Game of Thrones... The show writers weren't anywhere near as good as GRRM at writing a show, and trying to race to the end was a terrible idea. But I guess they knew what GRRM was planning to do, so that's what they made it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like Game of Thrones... The show writers weren't anywhere near as good as GRRM at writing a show, and trying to race to the end was a terrible idea. But I guess they knew what GRRM was planning to do, so that's what they made it.
It makes me puke in my mouth that I agree with no reservations in entirety with this comment. Despite how bad got’s final season was.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I could have watched doakes the tv series. This should have been a prequel. Or just go fuck it and have crazed woodman doakes hunting dexter down.
they could have kept Doakes alive and still had him in the show. eventually Dexter was going to fuck everything up, but they didnt have to keep him at the same place, when people got too suspicious, he could have just transfered somewhere else and started over in a new city with a new crew who knew nothing about him and still keep in touch with his bros in Miami. like he should have noped out of there after season 4. after having his wife die in his arms, it would have been totally normal and understandable to move out of town and start over again somewhere else.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Picking up bits now from production

- Michael C. Hall only agreed to an advanced timeline and was adamant about not making a Season 9. It had to acknowledge the time passed.

- This is not after the lumberjack moment-- around 10 years later

- No more Miami, small town setting is permanent

- Fictional town Ironlake, New York

- Exile and penance theme confirmed by Michael C. Hall

- Dexter is abstinent from killing, but the show is called Dexter, according to the producer, people will die

- Batista's ex-wife and Dexter have a romantic connection

- Romantic journey with Nina Batista to feature in some way

- Nina Batista is Chief of Police of the fictional town this season takes place

- Dexter is able to get information from this relationship with Nina Batista that he would not otherwise have access to as a normal civilian

- First colored woman to be police chief, member of the Seneca nation

- Racial tension between Nina Batista (ex-wife Sgt Batista), will be present

- 10 Episodes

- Executive producer assures the scripts are solid, no concern

Last edited:
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users