Dexter

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I assumed it was her boss that did The Frog in. Also, I hope it doesn't end up that the Dr. kills Deb and then Dexter kills the Dr. after she becomes his mother figure.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Deb shot him and took the jewels cut her arm on the glass grabbing the bag. This was explained point blank in the episode leaving no room for what ifs. We just have to assume she had a back up gun or found one in the storage locker etc.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah if Deb didn't kill him, how did her blood get on his shattered car window?

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Didn't he wipe some of her blood off his cheek?

Or it's shitty writing and they had guns all over that damn storage facility.

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
A criminal stashing a gun or two in his storage locker, next to his half-million in stolen jewelry, doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
1. it's possible that she found a gun in that dude's storage unit.

2. is dexter incapable of critical thought now? he was convinced that sussman was the killer and didn't even entertain the idea that his fingerprints may have been planted by someone else. that's just awful writing.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
She's a cop. She was carrying two guns. The guy didn't know she was a cop, he thought she was some skinny ho looking for the jewels, so he didn't search her for the second gun.

iannis

Musty Nester
Dexter is all fucked up about Deb. So yeah, in a way, he is incapable of critical thinking. The thing that kept it from being horrible writing is that he realizes it at the end of the episode.

I'm not saying it's nobel prize in literature quality -- but it was cohesive and explained itself.

I don't think there's going to be any huge twists this final season. There might be one big one (like the shrink lady, in a surprising twist, actually ISN'T the killer!) and another small one, but so far this story is more straightforward than the show has been in 3 seasons. It's a real straight Dexter redeems himself (somehow) through Deborah story.

S1 started with his real brother and his fake father. S8 ends with his fake mother and his (real) sister. There's a symmetry to it.

The biggest possible twist is that Dexter doesn't redeem himself at all, and the show ends in some amoral nihilistic wasteland. Which would also be acceptable.

iannis

Musty Nester
Come to think of it, every season has had dexter redeeming himself through deborah.

So I guess it would make a lot of sense in a lot of ways for that to not happen this time -- or else they finally fuck and made a beautiful psycopathic incest baby.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The doctor is probably the serial killer. Turning her former patients against each other to create the uberpsychopath, highlander style.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I thought it was pretty stupid how Dexter pulls his car right up to the supposed serial killer's cabin. In the middle of the woods with low noise and lights he doesn't think maybe the "killer" might hear and or see his car pull up to his front door. Not to mention the police are searching for the guy so they could pull up and find Dexter's car there at any point.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, but you've just got to ignore this kind of crap when it comes to dexter.

The realistic version of this story is much less fun to watch.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess it just shows how little I've come to care about the critical thinking of this show... I didn't even put two and two together that the doctor is the probably the serial killer.

and yeah, I would bet Deb has more than one gun unless the guy from Boondock Saints was with her

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
What happened to get Dexter out of searching the suspects house? I may have missed a step, but he went from searching the house & finding the photo of the cabin and I remember Batista / Quinn pulling up with the cop cars and then... they are having tea at his moms place?

I don't recall how he got out of being at the place of the guys house ahead of them even telling him about it.