Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can also lay out exactly what keys, infernal machine, organs and rings are:

Keys

Keys are nothing more than a crafting component. There is one purple mob per act which has a chance of dropping a key. To get a key to dropit is mandatoryto have 5 stacks of NV. Each level of MP you have tacked onto the game offers you +10% more chance for the key to drop. MP10 gives you a 100% chance. From my personal experience to me it feels MP5 is the sweet spot in terms of speed and drop efficiency. The location of the key bosses are as follows:

Act 1 - Fields of Misery (optimal path: Festering Woods and get 4 NV [2 outside and the 2 dungeons] then run around Fields of Misery looking for the keywarden. You'll see at least one elite pack there)
Act 2 - Dahlgur Oasis (optimal path: WP to Road to Alcarnus and get the 1 elite inside that town, WP to Black Canyon Mines and get up to NV4 sometimes NV5. Then roam around the Oasis)
Act 3 - Stonefort (optimal path: Seems like Keep Depths 1 to get 3 NV, Core of Arreat to get 2 more NV, then Stonefort)

Infernal Machine

Infernal Machine is a plan that drops off a keywarden in Act4. Similar to the other acts but you only need to get it once. Same deal -- MP levels increase drop% and you need NV5. This guy spawns in the Silver Spire Level 01. Once you get the plans go to yourlevel 10blacksmith and teach him the Infernal Machine. The recipe is now under "weapons" and takes one of each key to make one machine.

Once you get your infernal machine go to act1 and go behind the healer. There will be a new place and you can use the machines to open portals. Ideally you want 3 machines on you because there are 3 portals.

Organs

Inside the portal 2 story bosses will spawn. One is maghda/SK other Siegebreaker/ZK and another Ghom/Some spinny dude I forget his name. Anyways these guys are similar in the fact that they drop organs in the same fashion as you obtain keys. 5NV/+10% per MP. Each portal has a chance of dropping a specific organ (ie: the Mag/SK one always drops the same organ) so really you want to have 3 machines on you per organ run. You need one of each organ to make your ring.

Hellfire Ring

Plans for the ring set you back 2M. You also need a level 10 Jeweler. Basically you give him one of each organ to make the ring. You have the option of making the primary stat either STR, INT or DEX. It will give you +170-200 of a random stat, 4 random properties, some proc, +35% XP and +170-200 of the chosen stat.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Awesome, great info. Thank you.

It seems every single Barb has Scorn; what's up with that? It's good, but is it the only end game worthy weapon? I rolled sword/board before because 2h offered no survivability.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Such a pessimist, Ish-bro.

HF rings aren't good by default, you have to get a good roll and that could take any number of attempts. Farming the components is a pain... if that is all you are concentrated on. I usually just do MF runs in a given act and hit the key mob at the end so it feels like more of a bonus. Once my playing partners and I farm up a bunch of keys, we run through the ubers until we run out of machines.

A quick adder to Tenks's guide: you want at least 3 machines ready to do ubers. If you open 3 portals in one game, you are guaranteed to get one of each encounter. Also, it is easier to take on the encounter with at least a partner, if not 3-4 people. That way you can split the bosses somewhat and revive each other if you get whacked.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Awesome, great info. Thank you.

It seems every single Barb has Scorn; what's up with that? It's good, but is it the only end game worthy weapon? I rolled sword/board before because 2h offered no survivability.
It rolls pretty much everything you want in a weapon by default: big prime stat, socket, crit dmg, high dmg. When you played, things were grim for barbs. Monster damage output has gone down a lot, so 2H is very survivable now.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Such a pessimist, Ish-bro.

HF rings aren't good by default, you have to get a good roll and that could take any number of attempts. Farming the components is a pain... if that is all you are concentrated on. I usually just do MF runs in a given act and hit the key mob at the end so it feels like more of a bonus. Once my playing partners and I farm up a bunch of keys, we run through the ubers until we run out of machines.

A quick adder to Tenks's guide: you want at least 3 machines ready to do ubers. If you open 3 portals in one game, you are guaranteed to get one of each encounter. Also, it is easier to take on the encounter with at least a partner, if not 3-4 people. That way you can split the bosses somewhat and revive each other if you get whacked.
I rolled like 7 rings before I quit playing, all of them where pretty terrible. I would have ended up doing better if I just farmed gold after the first ring. But at least this has motivated me to fire the game up and try a skorn barb.

Tenks

Scorn is also cheap as hell. I picked mine up for 200k. Just sit around refreshing the AH and buy any Scorn near 1400 DPS that someone frustratingly puts up at a closeout price.

Also I would say the true "end game" Barb weapon(s) are Echoing Fury combined with a fast Dagger w/ crit and life leech and speccing WW. But that build route is far more expensive and far more gear dependent than some of the other builds I've laid out.

Tenks

Haast what MP do you and your friends play at when farming organs? I have 3 machines ready to go but I'm apprehensive to do the bosses on my own at MP5.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd suggest finding pickup groups for ubers instead of soloing them. Solo you'll get 3 ubers out of 3 machines. Grouped you'll get a minimum of 9 ubers but probably more. Like MMO pickups it'll be hit and miss with lots of people trying to do MP levels too high for them for the better drop rate. Just make sure you inspect them to make sure they can cut it and don't use your machine first. If they suck you can just bail. It's annoying but very worth it.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haast what MP do you and your friends play at when farming organs? I have 3 machines ready to go but I'm apprehensive to do the bosses on my own at MP5.
MP5 to MP7, depending on how adventurous we were feeling... or more often, how bad we were getting screwed on organ drops on MP5.

My usual partners have gone idle lately to play other games and I just finished a big push to level all my alts, so I am a little out of the ubers loop TBH.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Scorn is also cheap as hell. I picked mine up for 200k. Just sit around refreshing the AH and buy any Scorn near 1400 DPS that someone frustratingly puts up at a closeout price.

Also I would say the true "end game" Barb weapon(s) are Echoing Fury combined with a fast Dagger w/ crit and life leech and speccing WW. But that build route is far more expensive and far more gear dependent than some of the other builds I've laid out.
I ended up buying one for around 12 million as I had 30 million in the bank I'll never used. Pretty fun for an HOA/Rend build.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/.../hero/25494010

Tenks

If I had that kind of cash I'd try to build a "Free HOTA" barb. Basically you stack gear to remove completely the fury cost of HOTA (basically SOJ/skull grasp/Mara/storm shield) so that way you can sling out basically 800% weapon damage per second assuming you have a 1H and some haste gear.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have a WD build?
This is what I roll with. It's nothing fancy, and probably not the best build, but I like pets and it works for me. I'm MP 10 and only have about 40k dps, so I usually either play in MP2 solo (with the Templar) or on MP4 with a friend. The pets + templar (or friend) mean that I seldom get hit by mobs, all I have to worry about is not standing in shit. Acid rain is spammed on groups while Toads on single targets. Fetish army has a long cooldown so is only used for Elites and bosses - rush in up close, cast it, run away. Spirit walk is for when I get trapped and have to run away quick (waller with desecration, for example).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...UYT!adb!baaabY

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know about anyone else, but does it now feel like shit is too easy? I stopped 3 weeks after release because I was getting raped in Act 2 non-stop and couldn't progress. Now, I faceroll everything and kill bosses in under 5 seconds and it's not like my gear is any good, compared to you guys.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...3/hero/2982641

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I was close to coming back to check out D3's changes. Thanks for reminding me why I shouldn't.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't know about anyone else, but does it now feel like shit is too easy? I stopped 3 weeks after release because I was getting raped in Act 2 non-stop and couldn't progress. Now, I faceroll everything and kill bosses in under 5 seconds and it's not like my gear is any good, compared to you guys.
No. It's as easy or hard as you want it to be. I don't remember the estimation but launch inferno was something around MP3 equivalent of today. So yes they made the lower MP infernos easier so the game can be more accessible but MP10 is still far too difficult for most players. Up your MP.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...3/hero/2982641
At what MP? Just up the MP if it feels easy, you'll find a balance.

EDIT: Enob beat me to it.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was close to coming back to check out D3's changes. Thanks for reminding me why I shouldn't.
Are you upset that items are cheaper now? Or just reminded that you don't like the AH in general? I don't understand why Tenks getting a cheap Skorn would be a huge turn-off to playing the game.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
What MP level are you currently using in Hell? In my experience, Hell MP10 is similar in difficulty to Inferno MP1. Your DPS is probably underpowered in Inferno and with no info on your protection/sustain stats, it's hard to say how you will hold up. However, you can boost stats with a fairly small amount of gold now with AH prices depressed. Post your profile if you'd like more accurate predictions & suggestions.

For reference, the Wiz in my profile (link in sig) does decently on MP1, but some unfortunately rolled packs cause problems for him. OTOH, my Barb is easy mode through at least MP4 and can handle higher MPs when needed.
I had no idea I could change MP levels for Hell haha, thanks for mentioning that tidbit. I put it up to 10 MP last night and while I can handle it it's MUCH harder. I'm actually up to Diablo now in hell and on my first attempt got up to the last part with him and then just lost my focus and died. I only tried once before bed though, I'm sure I can finish him tonight on MP10. I'll post my profile later tonight for help, thanks.