Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No 12% runspeed on boots? I guess that works. I like to go through dungeons as fast as I can get away with. Your life at 14k is scary low. I run near 20k and I still feel like that is a little low. The 5 piece set is nice, but I only plan to go to the 3 set bonus point. The chest piece is nice though. That is the 3rd piece I will be adding for the set bonus. Are you able to farm Inferno part one MP1 with that set?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
No 12% runspeed on boots? I guess that works. I like to go through dungeons as fast as I can get away with. Your life at 14k is scary low. I run near 20k and I still feel like that is a little low. The 5 piece set is nice, but I only plan to go to the 3 set bonus point. The chest piece is nice though. That is the 3rd piece I will be adding for the set bonus. Are you able to farm Inferno part one MP1 with that set?
Ya...My gear meh. Like I said not sure where to go with the character. No idea what MP1 means.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you like using Whirlwind, the Tornado build is popular.Deathwing'ssetup is pretty classic for this build. Some people use a 2H weapon for it, though Skorn is much more popular than an IK weapon. I don't play the build myself, but the non-obvious part is that the tornadoes produced by Sprint are the damage dealers; WW is just used to position the tornadoes over groups of enemies. Takes some getting used to. Crit Chance, Crit Dmg, LoH and IAS are all important for this build (in addition to the usual Str/Vit and resists).

My barb (link in sig) is set up for the seismic slam build. SS puts out a big wave of damage, and the runes are set up such that crits generate fury to fuel nearly continuous slams. Skorn is the weapon of choice for this build.

I know some other posters were advocating for a Hammer of the Ancients build that did massive damage on crits. I'm not familiar with it though, maybe they will chime in.

sole

Molten Core Raider
Was wanting to start this up again. Could use some advice on gear, love my ammy though, had my wep and Thing of the deep drop for me. Only have about 1.5m, probably just need to farm?
Here's a link...http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/11388842I basically just wait for VQ to go active and spam Acid Cloud, or Bears. Wanna start using spirit barrage but my mana can't handle it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you like using Whirlwind, the Tornado build is popular.Deathwing'ssetup is pretty classic for this build. Some people use a 2H weapon for it, though Skorn is much more popular than an IK weapon. I don't play the build myself, but the non-obvious part is that the tornadoes produced by Sprint are the damage dealers; WW is just used to position the tornadoes over groups of enemies. Takes some getting used to. Crit Chance, Crit Dmg, LoH and IAS are all important for this build (in addition to the usual Str/Vit and resists).
LoH for the low end. Once you get to maybe 50k dps, LS eclipses it. LS on three items is really awesome, I can spin through elites with two of the following modifiers: molten, lightning enchant, damage reflect, and/or arcane enchant. 3 is a bit dicey, especially if it's a succubus pack(seriously, fuck that debuff), but 3 of those modifiers is rare. Also, my gear is a bit on the expensive side. Here's a good guide for beginner's guide for double nados:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...0300874?page=1

It's probably been reposted a few times since then with the other sections updated.

Bo Jackson_sl

shitlord
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/O...26/hero/563914

I'm a ww barb, but I'm wanting to know what I should do if I want to do be able to do MP10 a little bit. Not sure where to allocate my money gear wise for future progression. I only have around 40 mil atm but still farming so might make more soon.

with battle rage and war cry on i have:

58.5% crit chance
429% crit dmg
160k dps
520ish all resist
37k hp
8.5% lifesteal
68% dmg reduction

I'm thinking my jewlery and weapons are my biggest problem. Still trying to find that correct balance between dps and sustain, while still not paying out the nose. I would like to OH my EF, but I'm not sure I can afford a good enough MH to replace the LS on my OH. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is it possible to get back in with my Wizard's level of gear? Does anyone actually play Blizz/Hydra anymore or is my character completely obsolete?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M...1/hero/5420216
Everything got easier with the most recent patches, so if you could get by before, you should be (relatively) more powerful now. Archon seems to be a popular wiz build right now, but Wiz is not my main. Strifen has by far the most progressed Wiz on the forum, maybe he can comment.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was wanting to start this up again. Could use some advice on gear, love my ammy though, had my wep and Thing of the deep drop for me. Only have about 1.5m, probably just need to farm?
Here's a link...http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/11388842I basically just wait for VQ to go active and spam Acid Cloud, or Bears. Wanna start using spirit barrage but my mana can't handle it.
Deathwing and Tecknoe have WDs they played alot, so their advice is probably better than mine. If you are able to scrounge up a bit more gold, the end set bonus on Zuni's drastically ups mana regen. You can get low end rolls pretty cheap, so you probably wouldn't need a ton more $$ to get a chest, boots and ring. Low end boots are 700k or less, chests range down close to 1mil and rings start around 500k. Probably even less if you snipe at bids or catch a low buyout.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/O...26/hero/563914

I'm a ww barb, but I'm wanting to know what I should do if I want to do be able to do MP10 a little bit. Not sure where to allocate my money gear wise for future progression. I only have around 40 mil atm but still farming so might make more soon.
I don't know what it takes to do MP10, but.. you may want to look at an IK chest with a decent Vit roll. It would be pricey, but it would also get you additional dmg reduction from the set bonus. I would guess you could also invest in an amulet that has some Vit , as well as CC/CD. CD usually overwhelms straight Str and/or min/max dmg with high CC.

On a related note, did you guys know you can compare gear in the AH to your current gear before buying? Do the following:
- Open AH, find the item you are interested in
- Click in the chat entry box so the cursor is there
- Shift click on the item(s) of interest. Links should appear in chat entry.
- Press Enter. You should get "[Link] is not a valid recipient" in your chat window.
- Start a game with your interested character. Click the link. You will see the full compare (+- HP, +- DPS, +-Prot) to whatever your character has equipped.
- For rings and weapons, it compares to the item in the left side slot. Switch slots and re-click the link to compare the other item.

When I figured this out, it changed my AH shopping world. No longer do you have to guess at just how much of an upgrade an item is by eyeballing the stats. The downside is that it takes time, so if an item is red hot priced and new, you probably don't have the time to do this.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On a related note, did you guys know you can compare gear in the AH to your current gear before buying? Do the following:
- Open AH, find the item you are interested in
- Click in the chat entry box so the cursor is there
- Shift click on the item(s) of interest. Links should appear in chat entry.
- Press Enter. You should get "[Link] is not a valid recipient" in your chat window.
- Start a game with your interested character. Click the link. You will see the full compare (+- HP, +- DPS, +-Prot) to whatever your character has equipped.
- For rings and weapons, it compares to the item in the left side slot. Switch slots and re-click the link to compare the other item.

When I figured this out, it changed my AH shopping world. No longer do you have to guess at just how much of an upgrade an item is by eyeballing the stats. The downside is that it takes time, so if an item is red hot priced and new, you probably don't have the time to do this.
Thanks for that! Trying to figure out which Manticore to buy is a major pain (dps vs sockets vs dex vs crit dmg). Does anyone have a link to a working online calculator? I quit before paragon went in and coming back to level/outfit a new DH with a 2mill budget is proving to be a challenge.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So is farming keys and doing the machine the best way to spend your time in-game?

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
So is farming keys and doing the machine the best way to spend your time in-game?
That's what I do basically. The infernal machines are the "end game" currently, although if you lucked out and already got a really well-rolled ring, it's less of an imperative. Basically get 5 stacks in acts 1, 2, 3, kill keywarden, and hope to get not only keys but also some legendary drops while you're at it.

Now, the other way to go is just go with experience and focus on leveling your Paragon levels. Getting keys is not the efficient way for this, because it's not the best exp/hour. If you want to just focus on Paragon levelling, then you want to do runs, like act 3, or the assassin's place in act 2.

Personally I play casually, maybe an hour or 2 if I happen to play, and I find Paragon leveling too boring and tedious. Not that key farming doesn't get boring either, but it at least varies up the scenery a bit more. Additionally, I don't think I would focus on key farming unless you could do it on MP4 or above....remember it's about 10% chance of a key dropping per MP level, so at MP1 it's only 10% chance....I believe MP0 is 1%. So you would be better served to level Paragon levels, farm for gold/better gear, and then do key farming on MP4+. This is solo of course....if you can group you can tag along with better geared people and do whatever MP level you guys are capable of. Currently I farm keys at MP5-6 solo, my buddies and I just farm keys when we aren't all online together, and then when we are online together we will kill the uber bosses at MP8.

Also to answer your wizard question, yes, imo blizzard/hydra is obsolete, because you want to maximize your killtime, so archon and CM builds are more efficient. Unless you were uber geared, I don't think you would survive the higher MP levels, and if you could somehow kill in MP5+ with a blizz/hydra build, then definitely you could kill faster with an archon or CM build.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If my Wizard isn't long-term viable because of the way I geared (ie: Int/Vit/RA) I'd probably prefer to just gear my Barb at that point.

March#1831

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Deathwing and Tecknoe have WDs they played alot, so their advice is probably better than mine. If you are able to scrounge up a bit more gold, the end set bonus on Zuni's drastically ups mana regen. You can get low end rolls pretty cheap, so you probably wouldn't need a ton more $$ to get a chest, boots and ring. Low end boots are 700k or less, chests range down close to 1mil and rings start around 500k. Probably even less if you snipe at bids or catch a low buyout.
What the flucking fluck! Not to be that guy but sheesh you SCers have it so easy. Can't get a zuni boot, chest, or ring for less than 20-30 mil on HC.