Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't trust Blizzard to develop a game that compares well to the other games already mentioned, so can't really get excited for this.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Diablo + Doom 2016/Eternal = Win.

Just let the player kill hordes of mobs as quickly as in normal Diablo games, but with a different PoV. So tired of the isometric / click to move genre now.

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
An MMO-lite version of Diablo please. Monster hunter-esque. Give me a hub with other players, vendors, REAL trading (I don't care if it attracts Chinese gold sellers).

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
as boring as D3 gets, they finally announced it on the switch so i'll definitely dick around with it on there

Xerge

<Donor>
"Definitely expanding. We're looking to pretty much dominate every major genre, and with Diablo's announcement and release coming up we're set to rival even Elder Scrolls/Fallout. "

Damn. Some fightin' words.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
"Definitely expanding. We're looking to pretty much dominate every major genre, and with Diablo's announcement and release coming up we're set to rival even Elder Scrolls/Fallout. "

Damn. Some fightin' words.
vomit.png

I don't think Blizzard understands what made Skyrim and Fallout so successful.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck me, I'm fucking mad about this. I spent a lot of time with D3. I'm happy with PoE but it needs a competitor. Any market/product/company needs a competitor.

So, instead of refocusing on the core mechanics of what made the franchise great, we're getting a cheap cash grab port and likely a Witcher or God of War(can you even compare those two?) hack/slash RPG? From the company that, outside of its cinematics, can't write good comic book narratives, we're supposed to expect they can do a good job with this tangent? Are people forgetting what made story mode in D3 so horrible? You want these people trying to write narrative? You're going to get a game that makes the original ending of ME3 look like a masterpiece.

I really hope that rumor is wrong. Either way, they needed to announce the other project with this port. There's a significant potential playerbase that care nothing for a handheld port. Not announcing that other project is going to make said playerbase further wonder if that other project is going to be just as off target too.

• 2Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Fuck me, I'm fucking mad about this. I spent a lot of time with D3. I'm happy with PoE but it needs a competitor. Any market/product/company needs a competitor.

So, instead of refocusing on the core mechanics of what made the franchise great, we're getting a cheap cash grab port and likely a Witcher or God of War(can you even compare those two?) hack/slash RPG? From the company that, outside of its cinematics, can't write good comic book narratives, we're supposed to expect they can do a good job with this tangent? Are people forgetting what made story mode in D3 so horrible? You want these people trying to write narrative? You're going to get a game that makes the original ending of ME3 look like a masterpiece.

I really hope that rumor is wrong. Either way, they needed to announce the other project with this port. There's a significant potential playerbase that care nothing for a handheld port. Not announcing that other project is going to make said playerbase further wonder if that other project is going to be just as off target too.

Bro. Have you seen the dollars those things rake in???

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bro. Have you seen the dollars those things rake in???
I have discussed this with a friend. His example was Skyrim and I didn't feel that was exactly analogous.

That said, I don't deny that the Switch port won't make them a quick buck, I did say it was "cheap cash grab", assuming it's simple to port to the Switch. I'm just doubtful it will help the franchise in the long run.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I have discussed this with a friend. His example was Skyrim and I didn't feel that was exactly analogous.

That said, I don't deny that the Switch port won't make them a quick buck, I did say it was "cheap cash grab", assuming it's simple to port to the Switch. I'm just doubtful it will help the franchise in the long run.

I think care for the franchise long term was dead years ago. Once the level of money got high enough, the real greed kicked in and they are going to butcher all the brands in a slow burn to bleed out all the value.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Diablo franchise is stagnant, its been 22yrs since it was released, while the game has been improved over that time frame, I feel it just needs to change or fade away. When D3 was announced and we started seeing the first gameplay trailers, my first thought was how cool it would be if they just took WoW's engine / pov and made a Diablo game from that. If this rumor is true, then they finally did it. It could work, it would not need a deep, enthralling story... just something passable to move you along through the game while leveling up. It just needs to be fun. My money is on a Druid expansion though.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Typing in Reroll pulled up two - ReRolling Only & Time to Reroll. I'm assuming neither lol.

Chris

Potato del Grande

The Legion Expansion of WoW was just as bad with the boss rant panel at the bottom of the screen.
BOSS: "You'll never figure out my plans!"
BOSS: "Oh you figured out my plans? No matter, my minion will destroy you!"
MINION: "There is no way you can win!"
MINION: "You... beat me... but it's meaningless you've already lost!"
BOSS: "Fine, I'll destoy you myself."
BOSS: "I'm just toying with you, now witness my ultimate power."
BOSS: "Impossible how could you defeat me? Next boss is coming..."

Then there's the secret evil plans dialouge.
IMAGE OF FINAL BOSS: "How is the secret evil plan progressing?"
BOSS: "All is going to plan, we are just about to do the thing"
IMAGE OF FINAL BOSS: "You have guests, deal with them"
BOSS: "WTF? I will handle them myself!"

The same guy couldn't have written EVERY boss in D3/Legion doing this and many in Battle of Azeroth too. Someone at Blizzard is teaching that this is how you write threatening dialouge.

D2 had almost no dialouge outside of town. Vanilla WoW had very little dialogue. That was better.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

kudos

<Banned>
While D3 in its current iteration is a good game, in my opinion Diablo died after D2. D3 may as well be a different franchise with its look and feel.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
While D3 in its current iteration is a good game, in my opinion Diablo died after D2. D3 may as well be a different franchise with its look and feel.

Yeah D3 feels like a character brawler game to me; fun to play for short bursts to get your monster killing fix in. Funny enough D3 might actually be a good fit on the Switch, kind of fits that on the go playstyle.

• 1Like