Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am Oblio#11818 if anyone wants to group. Just hit 70 on my Crusader and trying to knock out the Chapter IV stuff.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
chaosmaddie#1712 is mine if anyone can toss out an invite to the clan, will be looking to play a DH for in and out of season bounty runs

thanks

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm just throwing a whacky theory out there but Diablo: What's Next is the first thing playing at Blizzcon after the opening ceremony and uhhhh fuckin uhhhhhhh I'm hype boys

inb4 mobile port

d4.PNG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It could also be something along the lines of what Bethesda is doing with ES: Blades. Phones are powerful enough to have a full fledged Diablo game where you dungeon delve for loot

• 1Barf

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wasn't it already spoiled that D4 is a Witcher style RPG getting announced at Blizzcon?

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Wasn't it already spoiled that D4 is a Witcher style RPG getting announced at Blizzcon?

Well it better not be another ARPG unless they've figured out how to out-PoE Path of Exile since it is what D3 should have been.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just want a Diablo version of Lost Ark.. but done by a non-korean company so it won't be p2w in 5 months

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well it better not be another ARPG unless they've figured out how to out-PoE Path of Exile since it is what D3 should have been.
Bleh. I can't stand PoE.

xzi xzi - I thought some of the stuff was proven true so it was trusted but I don't keep up with 4chan reddit crap.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That was my thought too, that some of what the 4chan guy was true.

PoE grows on you, give it time. LOTS of time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Bleh. I can't stand PoE.

xzi xzi - I thought some of the stuff was proven true so it was trusted but I don't keep up with 4chan reddit crap.

Deathwing Deathwing is correct. I fired up PoE in the beta and then two other times after it hit 2.0 and it was overwhelming and unintuitive. Tried it a fourth time but made a real effort to get a basic understanding of gems, sockets, and links before giving it up. I am still a neophyte but now can confirm that it is 10x the game D3 wished it could be.

• 2Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not counting the times I have rerolled a toon to start seasons over again, I have a level 40 guy, 30 guy and 21 guy. I think I finished the story mode once total? The game just isn't for me. I have tried and tried. A lot of things sound cool in concept but I just can't.

To give a point of reference, I am paragon 1000 in Diablo and probably 230 this season? Almost all of my paragon comes from Seasons (so starting over from level 1) and I played each character to max long before RoS came out (except the Necro obviously).

I love D3 and still pound on it from time to time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not counting the times I have rerolled a toon to start seasons over again, I have a level 40 guy, 30 guy and 21 guy. I think I finished the story mode once total? The game just isn't for me. I have tried and tried. A lot of things sound cool in concept but I just can't.

To give a point of reference, I am paragon 1000 in Diablo and probably 230 this season? Almost all of my paragon comes from Seasons (so starting over from level 1) and I played each character to max long before RoS came out (except the Necro obviously).

I love D3 and still pound on it from time to time.
To each their own. Seriously, play what you like, I know we've had this conversation before.

But, just to point out, in the context of PoE, this " level 40 guy, 30 guy and 21 guy" and this "I have tried and tried" are contradictory. D3 has it's own leveling "grind" which is completely different from the game you eventually end up playing for 90% of your time. PoE is no different, just that their engine sucks compared to D3's, so that leveling grind is quite obtuse and jarring compared to where you end up. For a character with a good amount of playtime, level 40 is maybe 0.5% of that.

Watch how fast this guy clears an endgame map. Yes, he's skipping loot, I hate that too. But it's ridiculous speeds and PoE does nothing to hint at combinations you can achieve. It's admittedly both awesome and frustrating for that.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've played every ARPG that's reasonably popular and PoE is the most frustrating and least appealing to me. I'd rather replay Victor Vran for the achievements then try PoE again. If the game gets better that's cool but the start of the game sucks.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
The fact that they made a post saying lower your expectations just ruined all and any hope I had lmao

They're going to have a prime time panel spot that they use to announce games every single other blizzcon be filled of Diablo and it's going to just be them talking about the switch port, ins't it?