Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steam Community :: James

EDIT: Oh hey, a screenshot from this league.

20180930201010_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Mic Drop
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I believe thats the sound of the gauntlet being thrown down. /grabs popcorn

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha, this kid has no idea what forum he's on. I play PoE casually, it's not something I'm even remotely competitive with, but he's gonna spend at least 6 months trying to beat me, and probably won't.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm trying to think back to D2 vs D3 and while I fondly remember playing D2 for... way too many hours, the amount of loot lost due to stutter/disconnects/no shared stash/un-retrievable corpses, original (pre LoD) leveling being a horrible mess, stamina bar, dying to unseen things (fetish darts, gloams)... I wouldn't say it was as good as people make it out to be comparatively.

The talent tree's are definitely better, especially after they made it so they synched with other skills, but it still pretty much came down to the same item driven builds (Titans, frozen orb etc). You can talk to the variations you could make, but there was still the cookie cutter 'best' which was usually 3-4 synchronized skills to your 1 main damage spender + extra/fluff.

As far as story/scenery, they both have their charms. D2's astral space, act 2 tomb style crawls and descent into hell stick out in my memory but the rest seemed kind of dull.

Laughing as I write this, because D3 launch was bruuuuutal. White mobs one shotting you at 60, but when I compare... rune worded out level 85-90 heros being one shot by gloam swarms offscreen, not really different :mad:
Gloams were in one area of the game, were skipable and only one shot you due to a bug if they had a bad roll.

That's not the same as the entire game being shit.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
God I wish I could get into PoE.. I've tried so many times but I just can't get past lvl 15 or so before just giving up.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
God I wish I could get into PoE.. I've tried so many times but I just can't get past lvl 15 or so before just giving up.

I was like that for a while, play in a group get to 40 and then it starts to click. 40ish is when most builds start to come into their own and options open up to you, it in many ways is like MMOs the game starts are max level, just have to get there to experience it. Next season I am going to go full support/aura bitch so I will always be looking for group.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Haha, this kid has no idea what forum he's on. I play PoE casually, it's not something I'm even remotely competitive with, but he's gonna spend at least 6 months trying to beat me, and probably won't.
I have no idea what forum im on? I played on MM server in Afterlife smashing everyone in EQ. Ever if you were in FOH you enjoyed being second to our guild. Same in Wow. As far as hardcore i figured you were smarter than that. You play a mode just like hardcore in D3 where you can lose your character to lag just like other top streamers for both games? I guess you really are casual.

• 5Picard
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
But how many times did you win the Blockbuster championship?

Exactly zero times. But, my clan did come in second place in the only tournament the game had at that point after losing the last match, resulting in our only loss ever. So, you could say that we were a pretty big deal.