Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Deadlode TF > Mega TF

I don't actually remember what deadlode involved, but I'm thumbs-downing you anyways in defense of 20 year old nostalgia. And toasters. My finest gaming moment was destroying a 6 man scout rush on sewers with a single toaster which when combined with our demoman camping their spawn, pretty much made half their clan quit the game for good.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I don't actually remember what deadlode involved, but I'm thumbs-downing you anyways in defense of 20 year old nostalgia. And toasters. My finest gaming moment was destroying a 6 man scout rush on sewers with a single toaster which when combined with our demoman camping their spawn, pretty much made half their clan quit the game for good.

They were almost the same, just with some minor tweaks and additions. I just favored Deadlode cause I admin'd 2 local servers here off a Utah ISP and is still some of my most fond gaming memories to date. God bless the owner of the boxes for trusting a 17 year old with admin rights.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They were almost the same, just with some minor tweaks and additions. I just favored Deadlode cause I admin'd 2 local servers here off a Utah ISP and is still some of my most fond gaming memories to date. God bless the owner of the boxes for trusting a 17 year old with admin rights.

There's a surprising number of QWTF websites that have survived over the years. Those and the few videos of replays people have uploaded to youtube make for some nice weekend afternoon nostalgia trips. It's crazy how dated the game look, but somehow show just why they were such good games with gameplay that hasn't been matched since IMO.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
There's a surprising number of QWTF websites that have survived over the years. Those and the few videos of replays people have uploaded to youtube make for some nice weekend afternoon nostalgia trips. It's crazy how dated the game look, but somehow show just why they were such good games with gameplay that hasn't been matched since IMO.

While totally off-topic. Me and a friend of 20+ years still will play the game with some mods like runequake/artifact and do some deathmatches with some long time friends on a VPN or even LAN still. There's a lot of graphical update mods you can get for it that can help a lot too, and they're compatible with any quakeworld mod/server. The overall feeling of Quake1/QW in terms of fluidness and all that is still superior to any shooter to date imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
is this.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fedor

<Banned>
Another quick Word from Blizzard : Diablo

We continue to read feedback and our internal discussions are ongoing. We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year. We are eager to share more about all of our projects, but some will have to wait as we prefer to show you, rather than tell you, about them. It's going to take some time as we strive to meet your expectations, but now, more than ever, we are committed to delivering Diablo experiences the community can be proud of.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Median & Eternal Sun (Frozen Sun?) were amazing mods even 5 years ago. That looks like they took D3 and put it into D2, which isn't even bad. Curious what happens on the legal front

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Median & Eternal Sun (Frozen Sun?) were amazing mods even 5 years ago. That looks like they took D3 and put it into D2, which isn't even bad. Curious what happens on the legal front
This will happen. "Incoming We heard from Blizzard's lawyers and we need to shut down"