Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Are you guys using the pro controller on the switch? My brother got me D3 as a present and its still sealed, thinking about not having a mouse has put me off even trying it.

ive been thinking of buying a pro controller.. but ive been using the one that came with the switch that u put two joycons in, it works just as well, otherwise yeah the joycons separate or on the console hurt my hands after awhile. but see no reason to get pro controller if the one that came with the switch works.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
so the best way to get set/legendaries to just grind rifts for materials to upgrade rares? ive got the vyrs 6 piece using disintegrate/archon but i wanna try this DMO build: Wizard DMO Frozen Orb Build

so just upgrading one piece at a time hoping to get one of those, and grinding GR's when i get keys, then back to nephs. only can do torment 3 nephs in 5 minutes or less. GR16s in 3 minutes.

whats the point of empowered? challenge rifts? any reason to make hellfire rings anymore or use those infernal machines besides the seasonal achievement?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
whats the point of empowered? challenge rifts? any reason to make hellfire rings anymore or use those infernal machines besides the seasonal achievement?
Empowered give you an extra upgrade point for lengendary gem at the end of the GR. Completing the weekly challenge rift will give you some tradekill material and gold. I use a hellfire ring to level alts, that's it. Some builds use hellfire amulets (not many - using one for WW barb) so there is a very small need to do ubers for other than seasonal.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
No, the best way varies according to how specific a thing you are looking for is (ie any set piece vs set boots) and what item it is (for example, the best way to get a karlei's point is to upgrade a rare dagger as a DH, as there are only two daggers that result, one being the desired one). If you mass grind high grifts and do some bounties, and mass grin d rifts for keys, that'll get you mats for doing things in various ways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
well like I was trying to start for this shrouded mask which is a wizard hat: Shrouded Mask

so everytime I got a wizard hat from blood shards or during a neph run i'd upgrade it. i hate bounties though lol, so much moving around. shit I guess my goal is to just get more damage and move past torment 3-5 nephs and this 6 piece vyrs archon/disintegrate is lacking.

i think im gonna redo some shit. like the build said to go for str/dex gems for armor instead of intel. and ive been doing paragon for life on hit, cooldown reduction, armor, and intelligence. think im gonna start goin for some movement speed, critical hit chance, armor and area damage and replace my gems for intel. also been usin molten wildebeest's gizzard and gogok of swiftness. dont have a third jewelry socket yet. im only para 81.

havent played this game since they took out the RMAH so im relearning shit lmao. been using this D3 Wizard Fresh Level 70 Guide S16 | 2.6.4 | Team BRG which said to go for 2handers, so ive got a 2h skorn with 3891 dps. but like i said i was gonna try this build Wizard DMO Frozen Orb Build

i could see archon being awesome if i had more cooldown reduction, as it is I only get like half the cooldown time but thats still a decent wait when youre bumping through packs of mobs all the time.

when you enchant items, are there certain stats that can be sockets? or can any of the stats turn into a socket? feel like they're tiered based on where they are in the description like the stats at the top can be like int/vit/armor/damage and the ones that are like "chance to fear" or "resists" are more likely to be sockets.

right now its showing 425k dps, 8192k defense, 1601k life, 7639 int 3704 vit. do the stast that increase the health globe range also apply to the little balls that champs drop during rifts/grs? i always waste time having to double back to pick them up

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
well like I was trying to start for this shrouded mask which is a wizard hat: Shrouded Mask

so everytime I got a wizard hat from blood shards or during a neph run i'd upgrade it. i hate bounties though lol, so much moving around. shit I guess my goal is to just get more damage and move past torment 3-5 nephs and this 6 piece vyrs archon/disintegrate is lacking.
This is one of those carefully worded situations where you need to pay attention to the label, because you DON'T want to up Wizard Hats since all of the head pieces for the 4 wizard sets are Set Helms and will up from ordinary Helms, not Wizard Hats. Aside from The Swami for archon builds Wizard Hats are useless. Some sets for other classes have this problem too.

Also, sockets are a Primary category affix and are only available for certain slots. You'll want to use raw stat gems for chest/legs, an emerald for +crit damage in your weapon, a variable gem in your helm (depends on your build), and then legendary gems for your jewelry. Although you can get sockets on offhands (like wizard Sources) they are not considered weapons and would only be a raw stats; the amount you get from a single gem is not worth it versus other affixes so avoid getting a socket on a Source. Note that set chests and legs will always roll the max number of sockets while normal legendaries sometimes will not, some set jewelry like Focus/Restraint will conveniently roll with a guaranteed socket but others do not.

Health globe/gold pickup radius increase does work on the rift % globes that elites drop.

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Started from scratch on Switch because I'm traveling a lot for work lately. Playing a Crusader and it is pretty fun. If anyone has links to current or even still relevant Crusader builds would appreciate; I'm just goofing around in T4 so any old hackey random build works fine at the moment.

Last night I found a legendary with the "Shrines last for 10 mins" power. Umm, that seems pretty op?

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Started from scratch on Switch because I'm traveling a lot for work lately. Playing a Crusader and it is pretty fun. If anyone has links to current or even still relevant Crusader builds would appreciate; I'm just goofing around in T4 so any old hackey random build works fine at the moment.

Last night I found a legendary with the "Shrines last for 10 mins" power. Umm, that seems pretty op?
Keep in mind that Shrines and Pylons are different, but it can be useful in the right context.

There used to be a lot of OP as fuck hammer builds etc. but this was when the class was released. Check DiabloFans and IcyVeins website/forums for current top tier and other builds.

Just got my Barb to 70 and got an ancient IK helm right off the bat, so that’s cool. Seems so fun to go brutalize shit in close range after playing all magic or ranged classes for a while but it seems that Barbs take forever to get going power wise because they rely so, so heavily on proper gear moreso than others. Maybe that’s just first impressions.

All I have left is Crusader/Monk/WD. I’ve heard there is no equal when it comes to clearing bounties quickly as a Monk so that might be my best choice because it is annoying as fuck running all these bounties solo even on my strongest character. It’s not slow because of clearing but because of random long maps or events and the travel to 25 different spots over and over.

On the flip side, I have a 70 Necro on my Player 2 User that I use to powerlevel my main characters and a lightbulb flipped on and I’ve just been dragging him around doing bounties so I get double the materials & cache in the end. Didn’t realize you could drop bounty materials for a while and when I did, it’s become so much easier to farm with a second user. $$

Also, got my first RBG as you kids call it and my first trip to Whimsyshire. Cracking me up the whole time, really fucking fun and awesome the first time. No rare spawn or wings though, didn’t know about those but I’m glad now I know what to look out for. Side note, I’ve had hundreds of hours logged and JUST got my first cosmetic drops. Literally didn’t realize they were even in loot tables. Treasure goblin randomly dropped a voodoo doll pet and a spider pet. Pretty cool. I wish Blizzard would keep doing more with this game, it has so much potential. Also when it comes to treasure goblins, I didn’t know that there were ‘pack’ spawns where it’s like seven treasure goblins all at once in a small area. I got two in a row back to back and got so much fucking loot I couldn’t even see the ground or screen. I was giddy as shit, lol I thought the game was bugged. I think I got three set pieces and seven or eight legendary drops and tons of materials and bloodshards all for about 45 seconds of killing.

Last edited:

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
So development on this game is dead right? I've been eyeing the Switch version since it's back on sale, but seeing as the game is 7 years old and development has all but ceased aside from the Seasons they do, I'm wondering if it's worth dropping $40 for.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
lost lost and all the other switch dudes add me if you want some gear/levels/paragon whatever.

SW-1586-1137-1320

I'm on est+13 and we will have to figure coms out but I'm game.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lost lost and all the other switch dudes add me if you want some gear/levels/paragon whatever.

SW-1586-1137-1320

I'm on est+13 and we will have to figure coms out but I'm game.
My TV isn't near my computer where I have my headset but used a cheap pair of ear buds and just used discord mobile and it worked pretty well for voice comms.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So development on this game is dead right? I've been eyeing the Switch version since it's back on sale, but seeing as the game is 7 years old and development has all but ceased aside from the Seasons they do, I'm wondering if it's worth dropping $40 for.

It's basically dead, yes. At most we'll see some more number tweaks, probably.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Every time i get a Nightmarity or Creampuff instead of wings I want to choke a brony. This is like my only purpose left for this season and it doesn't exist.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm glad I made it to the end of one grift before realizing most of my legendary gems were on a different character.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
So my DH is at GR60 and 200 Para running solo. So close to unlocking primals. Getting tough though, need so many upgrades still.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit so after about 80-100 rare transformations I finally got it.
Ancient Karlei’s Point natural rolled 1,000 Dex / 1,000 Vitality / 10% Damage / 1535 Cold Damage.
I threw a gift socket and Crit gem into it immediately. Only less than ideal affix is +260 XP per Kill but it’s not that bad and that part of the stat is pretty irrelevant anyway. This is as close to a perfect roll I’ve ever gotten on anything.

Only question, should I reroll the Vitality for attack speed or leave it since it’s such a high value?

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I started a Uliana monk for speed rift clears. Dash into mobs and delete the whole screen. Dash, delete until done. Seeing the entire screen full of mobs vanish in one go is something that probably won't get old any time soon.

It's also great for being lazy. No buffs to keep up. No stacks of anything to fuck around with.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Ancient Karlei’s Point natural rolled 1,000 Dex / 1,000 Vitality / 10% Damage / 1535 Cold Damage.
I threw a gift socket and Crit gem into it immediately. Only less than ideal affix is +260 XP per Kill but it’s not that bad and that part of the stat is pretty irrelevant anyway. This is as close to a perfect roll I’ve ever gotten on anything.

Only question, should I reroll the Vitality for attack speed or leave it since it’s such a high value?
Sounds like its a primal?

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Upgrading rares (yellows) isn't the most efficient way to get Ancients or Primals, but it's a good way to at least just get an item you need for a set. If it rolled 1000 exactly , then yea, it's Primal, with a red border?