Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fucker

Log Wizard
And that is why I can't really stand playing for more than a week or two. Clearing mid 90's for me is fun, because it doesn't require much more than 3 25-50 level gems and the right loadout. 2600 paragon and level 100+ gems with gem enchanted ancients in every slot to gain 10-15 more levels? That's my definition of slamming my dick in a car door for entertaining.

This is across two characters. Kitted characters are hard to get stuff for, but new ones should be a lot easier. RNG has not been kind.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I am starting to feel the grind. I’m at 400 paragon, which I think is pretty good for my time played and only running solo. Looking at top tier builds though, for my Demon Hunter it looks like I have all of the foundational impale build equipment and some of it is pretty close to ideal rolls. The pieces that are not though, are taking fucking forever to upgrade properly.

On top of that, I just realized what it means to augment an item to rank 125 which is absolutely fucking insane that so many people have augmented max 125 in all possible slots with how much Greater Rift grinding that requires. I did not know what I was doing for a while with gems, so unfortunately I have numerous random level gems instead of focusing on one but lesson learned.

The only thing I do not like is that I essentially have to level up a gem to 125 on a gem that I will not really use because it will disappear when I augmented if I understand this correctly, meaning I should level up my useful greater rift gems first meaning that’s even more grinding.

I’m in a weird spot toughness wise though, I’m at greater rift 67 and I am still one shotting basically everything but I am also getting one shot easily if I am not careful. Trying to figure out how to add sustainability while keeping my damage high is tough at the point where I’m at, going to try and kamikaze up to 70 though to at least unlock Primals. On the bright side, I have every character back to 70 again except crusader which will happen soon. Looks like Monk is a lot of fun and I need a fast bounty running character anyway.

I have been running a support character on my player two and use her to just follow me around for auras and the XP and MF boost. I have been using necromancer for pets and auto corpse lance, but I am realizing how bad ass of a support character monks can be and think I am going to power level a side monk to run with instead. Any suggestions or ideas on that aspect?

Last edited:

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Running solo dh as well. You’ll really want a ue multishot gear for t13s and gr 80 and below speeds.

Awareness passive helps cut down on 1shot frustration.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Impale is pretty tanky as long as you keep Vengeance up 100% of the time and keep vaulting for Elusive Ring. Life per kill as a minor attribute where you can get it adds to the life leech from Shadow Power.

You are correct that some pieces (ring and neck in particular, sometimes bracers and offhand as well) are hard to get a trifecta on. I usually try to get something with 2 out of 3 and call it good enough. A lot of times, it won't even be ancient.

You are also correct that the grind can be very real and it's worse when solo. When I played on console, I was primarily solo as well as I would keep playing in a season long after my friends had fallen off. It was especially bad finding people who knew how to do split bounties. On the gem leveling thing, no one spending a ton of time on any given run. They usually group up and spend no more than 2 minutes getting a key, and 3 minutes per GR. So if your group is not messing around, you can get a level 100 gem in an hour or so.

Bottom line, set a goal for yourself, whatever that might be and it doesn't need to be topping leaderboards because there's levels of grind above and beyond that as well. I was pretty happy hitting 100 this season and may try to get to 105 but will probably start tapering off soon.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I was pretty happy hitting 100 this season and may try to get to 105 but will probably start tapering off soon.

This game has some pretty fucking crazy scaling. I'm going to top out at 103 maayyybe 104 and that's it for me. I'm fine with this. My big goal for this season was to get the freebie gear. I put less than 6 hours into the game from S1 to the Necromancer pack and many hours before that. S16 has me logged many hours since then.

1.jpg

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is elite damage reduction% a better roll than +life% on the chest piece for an impale dh?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Oh wow, that sucks. They were the best site for builds, no? Further proof this game is deeeeeead. :(

fucking Blizzard.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably has something to do with it being significantly easier to just look at the leaderboards to see actual results.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Portrait frames bro. They’re important. How else do you know someone is good!?

Running random bounty and found the Tome of Set Dungeons in Manor. Had literally zero idea this was a thing, lmao. I had years of patch notes and stuff to catch up on and never got through it all. It seems pretty cool. About to go run my first one now on my DH. I checked the challengers and it says there are two pairs of Wings for completing all set dungeons, that seems pretty cool. Never seen any Wings drop in the world, not sure if it’s possible. I have gotten Legendary Potions and Pets though.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Fuck me, is the free primal at GR70 a seasonal (internet) thing? I just busted ass to get close to GR90 on my DH and still no Primal or anything in my Cache rewards or from Orek. Damnit...

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Fuck me, is the free primal at GR70 a seasonal (internet) thing? I just busted ass to get close to GR90 on my DH and still no Primal or anything in my Cache rewards or from Orek. Damnit...

If you had already hit gr70 with ANY character prior to this season, then it is unavailable in non - seasonal.

For a character of THIS season, it is available once, on your first seasonal character of this season that attains GR70 or higher.

• 1Dislike

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Damn, so not possible without internet. That sucks. I busted ass without realizing, I thought that was just a general thing.
Judging from the drop rates seems unlikely I’ll ever get a useful Primal. Oh well!

About to start a go fund me for fucking moving to my new house to get internet in a reasonable amount of time, lol. Gaming without net is bullshit.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Judging from the drop rates seems unlikely I’ll ever get a useful Primal. Oh well!

You have to play a lot AND get very lucky. I have 15 primals and only one might be useful after this season ends.

• 1Dislike