Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit so after about 80-100 rare transformations I finally got it.
Ancient Karlei’s Point natural rolled 1,000 Dex / 1,000 Vitality / 10% Damage / 1535 Cold Damage.
I threw a gift socket and Crit gem into it immediately. Only less than ideal affix is +260 XP per Kill but it’s not that bad and that part of the stat is pretty irrelevant anyway. This is as close to a perfect roll I’ve ever gotten on anything.

Only question, should I reroll the Vitality for attack speed or leave it since it’s such a high value?
Wait till later to reroll vit to attack speed. If you need a bunch of upgrades on the rest of your gear your damage is probably massively ahead of your toughness at this point.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I started a Uliana monk for speed rift clears. Dash into mobs and delete the whole screen. Dash, delete until done. Seeing the entire screen full of mobs vanish in one go is something that probably won't get old any time soon.

It's also great for being lazy. No buffs to keep up. No stacks of anything to fuck around with.

Inna WoL is gonna be faster

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Nope. It just rolled the max value which was 1,000. I haven’t even done GR70 yet or unlocked Primals. It’s ancient.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Upgrading rares (yellows) isn't the most efficient way to get Ancients or Primals, but it's a good way to at least just get an item you need for a set. If it rolled 1000 exactly , then yea, it's Primal, with a red border?
It actually is the most efficient way to get a specific item like Karlei’s Point because there are only two dagger options for DH class for it to transform into, drastically increasing the chances to weed out the other bullshit. Otherwise yeah for sure though, honestly I’ve had more luck transforming than just about anything else though. Kadala has been amazing when it happens but it’s not guaranteed like transforming, which was more useful when I needed to replace something immediately in order to get up to higher difficulties. Now though I’m just stacking bloodshards and speeding Rifts.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It actually is the most efficient way to get a specific item like Karlei’s Point because there are only two dagger options for DH class for it to transform into, drastically increasing the chances to weed out the other bullshit. Otherwise yeah for sure though, honestly I’ve had more luck transforming than just about anything else though. Kadala has been amazing when it happens but it’s not guaranteed like transforming, which was more useful when I needed to replace something immediately in order to get up to higher difficulties. Now though I’m just stacking bloodshards and speeding Rifts.
Yea, that's what I meant. If you just need a Karlei's point, any karlei's point, to get the set going, it's great. But don't upgrade yellows for the sole purpose of trying to get Ancients or Primals.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Question, I’m confused. I just ran my first T13 regular rift and it went well but my GR is 62. Since there’s no higher difficulty setting to unlock, do I now have to do GR62 and unlock 63 then 64, 65, etc all one at a time?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Question, I’m confused. I just ran my first T13 regular rift and it went well but my GR is 62. Since there’s no higher difficulty setting to unlock, do I now have to do GR62 and unlock 63 then 64, 65, etc all one at a time?
You are able to unlock further than +1 if you clear the GR fast enough. Think it's at least 4 minutes or 4m 30s remaining to unlock +2 and if you're speed clearing with like 12 minutes left you'll get as much as +5.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Upgrading rares (yellows) isn't the most efficient way to get Ancients or Primals, but it's a good way to at least just get an item you need for a set. If it rolled 1000 exactly , then yea, it's Primal, with a red border?

For Karlei's Points, it IS the most efficient way!

Malakriss

Augments and reforging mats are entirely separate from yellow upgrading mats, so you might as well put that stuff to use. I mean FFS I'm at 17,921 DBs what else am I going to spend it on?

Some classes have limited item pools for some slots that are obviously much better than trying for the 1 amulet out of 20 you want or the right ring out of 25. I got my Tal ancient pants (1/7) through yellow ups and I forced the Tal chest (1/12) although the latter obviously took more tries. Compare that to the 100 reforging tries I've done on a Deathwish where i've still failed to get a good one with Vit.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Inna WoL is gonna be faster

I only had the gear for the Uliana build. I've got really solid weapons for Inna, just need boots and a helm.

Is Sun gear used for anything useful? I'm tight on space and have half a mind on trashing the non ancient stuff.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I only had the gear for the Uliana build. I've got really solid weapons for Inna, just need boots and a helm.

Is Sun gear used for anything useful? I'm tight on space and have half a mind on trashing the non ancient stuff.
Full on Sunwoku is beastly when you get the 2 weapons that work with it, but fragile.

Malakriss

Weirdest bounty run, two of the players were.. something. 900 and 1050ish paragon but they were wearing another classes gear like a wizard wearing all ancient dex LoN with no armor power cubed.

Bots don't mess up like that. Players don't get that far like that. I have no idea.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Switched to Inna on my new monk. Standard gear except two ancient weaps. GR56 on Uliana and GR90 on the Inna stuff.

They really need new torment levels up to 26.66. T13 isn't cutting it.

When is this season due to end?

Rude

Potato del Grande
I'm stalling out at GR106 on my DH. Nat/Marauder doing Sentry and Rain of Vengeance.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Switched to Inna on my new monk. Standard gear except two ancient weaps. GR56 on Uliana and GR90 on the Inna stuff.

They really need new torment levels up to 26.66. T13 isn't cutting it.

When is this season due to end?

Think they had estimated end of March/early April in the pre-season notes. That's subject to change on a whim however.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
ONE upgrade in two days. :(

Top wizzie has 4 primals for his build, and 2611 paragon. :eek:

And that is why I can't really stand playing for more than a week or two. Clearing mid 90's for me is fun, because it doesn't require much more than 3 25-50 level gems and the right loadout. 2600 paragon and level 100+ gems with gem enchanted ancients in every slot to gain 10-15 more levels? That's my definition of slamming my dick in a car door for entertaining.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And that is why I can't really stand playing for more than a week or two. Clearing mid 90's for me is fun, because it doesn't require much more than 3 25-50 level gems and the right loadout. 2600 paragon and level 100+ gems with gem enchanted ancients in every slot to gain 10-15 more levels? That's my definition of slamming my dick in a car door for entertaining.
Eh, screw trying to be #1, that's never gonna happen unless you bot basically.

I set my own personal goals, and try to get higher GRs for myself. I don't care what rank I get. Doing this typically is way more fun, and I push a little further in the Season because I do want to get just a little higher!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users