Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You get so many now and they are so faceroll easy it's honestly not a big deal. The 'doubke mats for all caches' change was the greatest change in Diablo history.

As far as diablo free on Xbox, playing an ARPG on a controller is aids times 9/11. Who the fuck would choose to do that?
Consoles get a dodge button.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Bounties are the biggest reason the end game gameplay loop in D3 isn't interesting or fun. If they put the re-roll mats in Neph or GRs the game would be infinitely better to grind.
Since they introduced T16 with 22 bounty mats, my bottleneck for reforges has usually been the 50 forgotten souls but maybe that's just me.

Gem leveling for augments is the worst part of the end-game loop for me and the recent power creep leading to GR100-120+ being commonplace makes it worse. WTB a way to get more than 5 levels per rift.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
T16 regular rift drops 3-8 keys depending on your luck. When the amount of gold you receive only covers the cost to empower one of those it does become a problem. But if they put in T21 to get more gold then you would get even more bounty mats, probably 32 or 34 per run, which would outpace FS even faster. So solving one problem makes another worse.

My current mats stockpile is 11K death's breaths, 4500 forgotten souls, 9K-15K of regular mats. My whole season to date gives enough FS for 90 reforges which is only 21 bounty runs. On average that's 9 ancient rerolls and it's a crapshoot whether those would have the exact affixes you need.

The only solution that isn't ass requiring insane luck or hundreds of hours of grinding would be an ancient-only reforge that stays ancient.

Mourg

Trakanon Raider
As far as diablo free on Xbox, playing an ARPG on a controller is aids times 9/11. Who the fuck would choose to do that?
It was actually great for classes that only use directional attacks. PC/mouse > all for targeted attacks though.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried it for a while when I had two broken legs and couldn't move for 2 months. I uninstalled the diablo demo after like an hour.

Malakriss

After tons of reforges this is what i got for gloves, unless i want to start going for an ancient quiver or F+R it's still pray for better Ethereal now

d3_quad_gloves_reroll.jpg

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I like playing D3 more with a controller. Aiming isn't as bad as you would think.
I'm in the same boat. Would rather play Diablo on PS4 chilling on the couch but my brothers play on PC. That and split bounties suck on PS4 because last I checked, console players still haven't figured out how to split up to do them.

I actually think the inventory and vendor UI on the console is far superior and makes up for any difficulty aiming. Controller also doesn't matter if you are playing a melee or spin2win build.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
D3 is one of the better couch coop games I've ever played. Consoles got the nemesis system too that I wish PC had.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Finished the seasonal shit last night. Not even sure why tbh. Just in a gaming slump I guess. Guess I should farm up the ethereal weapons for some ungodly reason.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

So... ethereal gems for helm and weapons. AKA Dual wield classes OP but no reason to actually play since nothing permanent or meta changing is on PTR

• 1Seriously?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's time for a new league gents, enough with the D2R non sense!

It's too bad that D2R heavily confirmed that D2 was actually vastly superior and way more fun to play than D3. It wasn't just nostalgia.

D3 is just a hollow shell of a game.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
So... ethereal gems for helm and weapons. AKA Dual wield classes OP but no reason to actually play since nothing permanent or meta changing is on PTR
Sounds like max of 1 ethereal gem per weapon but yeah, fucking garbage.
Hope they don't make some permanent achievement tied to getting all of them maxed or something because this is going to be the shortest season yet.

Malakriss

TL;DR Helm shards work as follows
Rank 0: First seasonal legendary affix power
Rank 1: All Five affixes you would recieve from the 5 gems - Life% CDR RCR Gold% Xp%
Rank 2: One random affix (i.e. ~1000 main stat or up to 20% reduced melee/ranged attack damage)
Rank 3: Second seasonal legendary affix power

Rank 1 weapon shards follow the same gem mechanic like helms so +300 damage, +150% critical damage, +50% damage against elites, +30,000 LPH, +40,000 Thorns
Rank 2 weapon single affix can be up to +50% Damage, +75% specific element damage, +20% IAS, or +10% CHC

1/3 Helm shards and 2/4 Weapons shards are made for group meta, although one of those 2 weapon shards is usable solo
Soul shards you don't want can be used as level 50/75/100/125 augments based on their rank

Last edited:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
None of that looks even remotely as enjoyable to play as the throw-back weapons or follower overhaul were.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Geez, one of those gems is going to be a free +50% move speed for WW/TR/Strafe builds. Enjoy splattering t16 in < 60 seconds

Also, the amount of grammar errors in that preview is silly. Put the shit in MSWord and it'll auto correct for you idiots.