Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Early strategy for leveling seems to be farm ZK and salvage the seasonal gems to get rubies/diamonds. They will be Marquis/Imperial/Flawless level and you can socket for +damage on weapon, +xp helm, and resistances for toughness starting in the teens.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Last weekend in a nutshell:

1638905174146.png

Pretty sure I'm burnt out enough right now that no amount of power creep is lure me back in, at least not for opening weekend.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

ZK kills were tested on Asian server. 50% drop rate for seasonal gem, so an average of 10 kills to salvage for ruby gems. (Might be lower or level based though)

edit: apparently there's glitches and exploits abound on Asia, full paragon for new season with primals/ethereals able to be rebirthed, CR caches not accessible, etc

Last edited:

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Hey Vanderhoof, game locked up and you were gone by the time I came back. Can run you through some stuff when I see you around again.

Malakriss

If you run the Darkening of Tristam event through the first few floors on T16 and kill the Butcher + Skele King both will drop all 7 soul shards. Salvage the ones you don't want for 3x imperial gems or a Flawless Royal

Rank 3 Soul Shard can also be used as the legendary gem for a 125 augment.

Malakriss

Next season theme: No new powers. But GR bosses drop a portal item for the cube to open a rehashed survival trial similar to the original GR keying mechanic. Awards "EXP, Legendary Items, Blood Shards, Gems, and a new Legendary Gem, Whisper of Atonement (used exclusively for Augmenting Ancient Legendary items)

2x linear maps removed from GR pool and 3x open maps added.

Raekor set change for Barbs, nerfs for Crusader charge and Monk fire ally.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Huh, I barely remember that from when it was a thing. I remember it being horrendously shitty for any class that didn't have massive aoe power

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I am ready for this new season, almost 300 hours in Lost Ark has me kinda burned out on it, and I have zero interest in Elden Ring. Give me D4 already!

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Apparently you cannot exit the new survival trial, designed to last until you die. Which is really stupid on Hardcore mode since dying in the trial still explodes your hardcore character.

• 2Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Apparently you cannot exit the new survival trial, designed to last until you die. Which is really stupid on Hardcore mode since dying in the trial still explodes your hardcore character.
thats idiotic, crater hardcore mode completely? That has to be something patched immediately

Malakriss

April 15th
KY9SU0K18II51649090686600.gif

Here are the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 26:
  • Barbarian – The Legacy of Raekor
  • Crusader – Armor of Akkhan
  • Demon Hunter – Embodiment of the Marauder
  • Monk – Inna’s Reach
  • Necromancer – Pestilence Master’s Shroud
  • Witch Doctor – Zunimassa’s Haunt
  • Wizard – Delsere’s Magnum Opus
Gold streak, rift in 2 minutes, GR75 solo, 3x gems to 65 for EZ conquest completions.

Also they slammed the nerf hammer hard on the new trial rewards. If the trial permanently remains this isn't actually a "season" it's just the new base game with zero powers for a few months

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
What were they before & what are they now? Patch notes didn't really say anything about the rewards other than what they could be (gold, items etc)

Malakriss

What were they before & what are they now? Patch notes didn't really say anything about the rewards other than what they could be (gold, items etc)
Echoing Nightmares are restricted to level 70 to prevent powerleveling, experience was nerfed to GR levels instead of being the best paragon leveling activity. EN monsters were changed to behave like GRs instead of regular rifts so they no longer drop gold or items on kill, they won't even spawn health globes. Monsters are now immune to some CC effects preventing some builds from being viable, and they removed the shield pylon.

Fun detected, must remove.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fired up some D3 to waste a few hours on the current season with a Necromancer. Got the 4 set pieces and how in the hell do you beat shit required on like Troment 4 or 6 or whatever it was. I even tried a "leveling build" with recommended skills to use and it was awful. Memories of the bad times in this game flooded back and I Alt+F4'ed.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was so disappointed when they nerfed the interactions between Necro Inarius set+bone armor+some gem proc. Had a lot of fun on my Necro til that point years ago.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only on FoH could someone quit Diablo 3 because it's too tough.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Season 27 introduces a new type of consumable item called Angelic Crucibles. Once uncovered by Nephalem, these heavenly artifacts can be used to Sanctify any equippable Legendary item. Sanctifying an item reforges it to have perfect Ancient-level stats on all affixes while also preserving the item's Legendary Power. In addition, this process adds one of three new powers unique to each class.

New 3-pc crafted set
  • Guardian's Jeopardy (2-piece bonus): Your base Vitality attribute from equipped items is increased by 50%.
  • Guardian's Jeopardy (3-piece bonus): Your base Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence attributes from equipped items are increased by 50%.
Some set bonuses changed
EN experience nerfed hard

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t care if it’s good or not. Definitely playing strafe impale with the sanctified power.