Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably a bug that it doesn't give primal stats, but that's the least of their worries with other bugs popping up from these powers. Skeleton crew better work overtime to fix them if they plan to swap seasons in a month.
Yeah that erases my desire to play the season. Chaining bounties and then 50 leg salvages alone to reroll once is bad enough to try for an ancient, add in however rare this stuff may be and I have no interest in playing outside of the PTR. I had the impression it took the existing weapon and just maxed it out + add in a random sanctity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hadn't touched D3 for a good couple of years, but back recently after giving Immortal the flick.

That Inna's Mantra change seems way over the top. It's a 70% nerf and would appear to make my preferred Monk not even "viable" anymore. Is that what they've been doing in recent years while I've been away? I'm not chasing leader boards, and mostly my progression is just for personal fun, but why nerf a build straight to shit tier on purpose?
Sure, tone things down some, but can't see why I'd even bother playing Monk anymore if those numbers go live.
It's too much but I don't think you understand how OP Inna is right now. I can consistently get 2.5 minute GR100s in fairly run of the mill gear with Water Inna.

They should start by nerfing it from 3000 to 2500 and see how that plays out instead of just straight up tossing the set straight into the dumpster by nerfing it from 3000 to 900.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hadn't touched D3 for a good couple of years, but back recently after giving Immortal the flick.

That Inna's Mantra change seems way over the top. It's a 70% nerf and would appear to make my preferred Monk not even "viable" anymore. Is that what they've been doing in recent years while I've been away? I'm not chasing leader boards, and mostly my progression is just for personal fun, but why nerf a build straight to shit tier on purpose?
Sure, tone things down some, but can't see why I'd even bother playing Monk anymore if those numbers go live.
If you haven’t touched d3 in years you were used to playing inna’s when it was a WoL build. It’s a pet build now.

Argarth

On the verandah
They should start by nerfing it from 3000 to 2500 and see how that plays out instead of just straight up tossing the set straight into the dumpster by nerfing it from 3000 to 900.
Yeah, hoping for something along those lines. That's why I wondered if "nerfing shit into the ground" had become the new modus operandi since I'd been away.

Argarth

On the verandah
If you haven’t touched d3 in years you were used to playing inna’s when it was a WoL build. It’s a pet build now.
You're probably right, and I was most likely playing some kind of weird hybrid, since I've always liked using the Mystic Allies in some way. (fun factor, not pushing)

All I know is I logged in a couple of weeks ago, and had many more new friends, enjoying it a lot. =)

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
mystic allies have always been useful, but in most cases you'd roll with air for the spender regen. Still think the funnest build I've ever played is the EP/7ss when you get something with extreme density maps, but unfortunately thats far and away rare and I seriously hope they steal from POE when it comes to juicing up late game mob counts

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You're probably right, and I was most likely playing some kind of weird hybrid, since I've always liked using the Mystic Allies in some way. (fun factor, not pushing)
Just look up S26 Inna Monk on youtube. After dominating last season and getting fire ally nerfed, now water and earth ally are still the two of the best builds in the game for speed farming and pushing/RGK respectively. It's not a surprise that the devs are coming in with such a heavy handed nerf, just hopefully they'll throttle back a bit so that Inna doesn't end up in the dumpster.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

All I know is I logged in a couple of weeks ago, and had many more new friends, enjoying it a lot. =)
WoL with mystic Allies is still good in s27

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So the Demon Hunter crucible that makes strafe fire a hatred spender doesn't seem to really be much improvement over the hungering arrow builds because it always fires in the direction you're strafing in. with hungering arrow you just strafe around doing whatever and the auto-pierce will redirect the shots at enemies even if the initial shot misses. Kind of a disappointment.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Barb ones are more or less the same category of meh. WW one should be how the rune behaves with pulling stuff into you already, other is just +dmg on your ult. Haven't tried the 3rd as its not a playstyle I really liked before anyway.

Would've been more fun to throw these on some of the legacy d2 unique's from the past season if they were still around

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Barb ones are more or less the same category of meh. WW one should be how the rune behaves with pulling stuff into you already, other is just +dmg on your ult. Haven't tried the 3rd as its not a playstyle I really liked before anyway.

Would've been more fun to throw these on some of the legacy d2 unique's from the past season if they were still around
The ww power doesn’t have any diminishing returns like the rune, so it’s actually great.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The WW one is so good that HOTA barbs actually use it over the HOTA crucible because its so good for pulling and grouping mobs on higher diffs.

PTR extended until August 8th.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Fixed a bug that caused Sanctified items to not always roll with Ancient-level stats.

Strafe: Updated base skill to allow any equipped weapon, rather than requiring a Bow.

Guardian's Jeopardy (2-piece bonus): You gain an additional 100% of your base Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality attributes from equipped items.
Guardian's Jeopardy (3-piece bonus): Your melee damage reduction is increased by 1% per 1000 base Vitality from equipped items. Your missile damage reduction is increased by 1% per 1000 base Strength, Dexterity, or Intelligence from equipped items depending on your class.

Various set tweaks and seasonal power tweaks for classes in the update.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
well that is a major relief, given how rare the shit was to begin with. Now you can keep your ancient rolls and hope for the best

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cool this season was boring. Still haven’t decided what I’m playing next season.

Strafe-impale DH is unquestionably the all around champion of the season, top tier speed farming, top tier pushing, only second to Necro for RGK, much easier to play and gear than WoL monk.

I'm probably playing Necro though since I just did DH.

Last edited:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
They fixed the stupid ashes not holding ancient with it so given the ease of getting the impale dagger, seems like a safe bet. I still never saw one drop artificially in the PTR though so not sure how common they are supposed to be.