Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Final S27 patch notes are out. They switched the 2 and 3 piece bonuses on the new Guardian set which is a pretty heavy nerf, means people either wont use it or will be back to having to lose a ring slot for it, the Inna nerf was never scaled back at all, Tal Rasha is still shitty despite the attempt to buff it, although they apparently doubled the Crucible drop rate.

You know for a while I almost forgot that these were Blizzard devs but sure enough they never fail to disappoint.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
S27 starts Friday, 8/26 at 8pm EDT

K0KXAYD9A6V31660237767534.gif

• Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes
  • Crusader – Roland’s Legacy
  • Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence
  • Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms
  • Necromancer – Bones of Rathma
  • Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness
  • Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements
Sprinter, Avarice, solo GR45, TX boss rush, or 8 mastered set dungeons for Conquests

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Save til Friday - but it's hilarious EU got an awful one and NA got a firebird wiz without teleport and no fire skills besides familar

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Undocumented Tal Rasha buff came with the patch, the 4 piece bonus now adds twice as much resist and makes meteor reduce your teleport cooldown. Pretty good if anyone is starting Wizard this season since Tal Rasha is the free set.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Chaaaain poooosts

They actually changed the EU challenge rift...to something else awful just not quite unplayable level of awful. Stone Gauntlet LoD chain lightning wizard with a hydra.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Reminder since it's relevant at the beginning of the season, you can use extra crucibles on puzzle rings to guarantee yourself ancient vault visits.

I'm definitely planning to main Necro this season, but I might roll a DH again just to handle my echoing nightmare runs. It may not be worth shit for xp anymore but sentry DH gets you past 125 so easily.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going to get lots of mileage out of DH. Strafe multi for t16, strafe impale for speed grs, maurder sentry for echoing nightmare and push.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Reminder since it's relevant at the beginning of the season, you can use extra crucibles on puzzle rings to guarantee yourself ancient vault visits.

I'm definitely planning to main Necro this season, but I might roll a DH again just to handle my echoing nightmare runs. It may not be worth shit for xp anymore but sentry DH gets you past 125 so easily.
What's the projected crucible drop rate? If they're like the socket cubes I'll get my first one at around paragon 500 and finish the season and quit before seeing a second.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's the projected crucible drop rate? If they're like the socket cubes I'll get my first one at around paragon 500 and finish the season and quit before seeing a second.
This past season was my first time playing D3 since the initial release period, I certainly had more than enough to replace my weapons whenever i needed to, gear multiple builds, and use them to powerlevel multiple other classes while still having about 20 or so left when the season ended in about 1200 paragon worth of xp.

I can't find any data on the crucible drop rate aside from them declaring that they were doubling it in the patch notes. You had an unlimited supply on the PTR and while I do remember one or two dropping while I was playing, I spent most of my time dicking around with different builds and not much time at all grinding GRs. Given that the season completely revolves around them and that you can only benefit from one at a time anyway, I'd expect the drop rate to be reasonably generous since there is very little you can do with surplus.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
From the PTR, it was lower than cube rates from my experience. YMMV

Given its an RNG, onto an ancient weap (rng), to get 1 of 3 extra mods for +gooderer, its not that great of a league premise. With the exception of strafing DH, most of the mods seemed rather bland.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I keep getting fucked on rolls on my level 70 weapon for barb and its taking forever. Just passed 2 hours and still level 44.
All necro needs to do is gamble up the corpse explosion gloves. ~Two hours to 70 last night just doing rifts because firstborn massacre farming looks terribly dull. Got 4/6 last night, finish 6/6 this morning, and jesus christ this is so frustrating compared to marauder demon hunter last season. I think with 6/6 marauder and nothing else I instantly jumped to torment 16, but with Rathma the only damage dealing ability I have is AotD which hits like a freight train but isn't spammable so I'm just plodding along T10 hoping the rest of my build will drop. I'm squishy as fuck but I knew that would be the case going in.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
All necro needs to do is gamble up the corpse explosion gloves. ~Two hours to 70 last night just doing rifts because firstborn massacre farming looks terribly dull. Got 4/6 last night, finish 6/6 this morning, and jesus christ this is so frustrating compared to marauder demon hunter last season. I think with 6/6 marauder and nothing else I instantly jumped to torment 16, but with Rathma the only damage dealing ability I have is AotD which hits like a freight train but isn't spammable so I'm just plodding along T10 hoping the rest of my build will drop. I'm squishy as fuck but I knew that would be the case going in.
I’m playing a DH while using the Raxx leveling YT video guide. Got to almost 50 last night doing the Firstborn massacre runs. I had to log off early due to work in the morning. Yeah it’s pretty boring but it’s going fast since I been doing T1 difficulty. I was able to create and cube the fan of knife damage leggo which literally 1 shots everything minus some elites. Once I hit level 54 it I may bump up the torment level since I got a level 70 yellow bow with minimum level reduction waiting for me. I usually don’t start the season as a DH but this season they seems to be really strong.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is the level cap still 70 lol?

Why don't these retards raise it to 100 with a soft cap?

• 1Picard