Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Yeah that was fun Tuco. I am still trying to figure out my constant crashing problem. When I played before 1.0.4 patch, I never had this going on.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why wouldn't a barb want to group? From my time playing one, I would love cyclone strike monk, make those nados tight!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is there still no reason to group as a well geared WW barb?
From my experience playing with well geared WW barbs I'd say no =\

Monks were inferior to barbs when I quit and they still seem inferior. I usually pick overpowered classes based on unemotional, power-based criteria but for this game I can't play anything but a monk. I am, however, doing pretty well with my exploding palm build I'm working on.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This weekend I'm gonna go through the hour it'll take to figure out which battletags in the OP are still used by active. I'll be adding everyone who posted their tag so if you want to see the massive strength of my monk's exploding lag palm then throw up your btag.
Might as well add me to the active list. I'll probably play this more now that others are getting back into it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Why wouldn't a barb want to group? From my time playing one, I would love cyclone strike monk, make those nados tight!
Because I move at light speed and leave puddles in my wake to kill everything. From the times I grouped it seemed like my party was constantly just lagging behind me picking off the few stragglers.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
From my experience playing with well geared WW barbs I'd say no =\

Monks were inferior to barbs when I quit and they still seem inferior. I usually pick overpowered classes based on unemotional, power-based criteria but for this game I can't play anything but a monk. I am, however, doing pretty well with my exploding palm build I'm working on.
Debatable. Some of the mobs and elites per hour videos that Druin posts are pretty impressive.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Debatable. Some of the mobs and elites per hour videos that Druin posts are pretty impressive.
Yeah that's not a debate I'm equipped to argue now since I'm still relearning the game. I do know that Tenk's experience has been mine as well. Playing with well geared barbarians is a continual game of catchup. I kind of wish I could incorporate more mobility in my build.

Tenks

I haven't grouped in forever so it may be the "best way to play" is to ratchet up to MP10 with a full group which will allow you to kill elites faster. Basically make the WW Barb the "spotter" to find elites and have the entire group teleport to him and kill the elite. Even an extremely well geared WW can't kill an elite pack by just looking at it on MP10.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've considered something similar with my monk using tempest rush. I wonder what the range is for getting xp from dead mobs... and if you alive elite packs to go find another elite pack you'll never get the drops from it.

Tenks

I think you'd stay and help kill the pack but then make your next primary focus finding another pack while the other players focus on killing the trash you leave behind. Just make sure to run LootAlert so you don't miss out on any non-legendary drops you're interested in.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that's not a debate I'm equipped to argue now since I'm still relearning the game. I do know that Tenk's experience has been mine as well. Playing with well geared barbarians is a continual game of catchup. I kind of wish I could incorporate more mobility in my build.
How were you specced at the time? A monk with tailwind should move at +74% speed. With the fleet footed passive you can actually match a WW barb's speed. I think you have to change your play style to match. A barb has to leave mobs in his wake(and continually move on to new ones) to fuel his constant sprinting, a monk can just tempest rush forever if properly geared. This is part of the reason I stopped playing my barb, I didn't like the frenetic push to be always killing something in order to fuel sprint and berserker.

But if you play your monk with that in mind, I think you can keep up. Skip small packs and stragglers, which you should be anyway, they're a waste of bells/time.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Falstaff#1295 is my battletag. I am a wizard running archon cause I don't have all the gear for CM and haven't found a good guide for it. I can do MP5 easily if that matters to people.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How were you specced at the time? A monk with tailwind should move at +74% speed. With the fleet footed passive you can actually match a WW barb's speed. I think you have to change your play style to match. A barb has to leave mobs in his wake(and continually move on to new ones) to fuel his constant sprinting, a monk can just tempest rush forever if properly geared. This is part of the reason I stopped playing my barb, I didn't like the frenetic push to be always killing something in order to fuel sprint and berserker.

But if you play your monk with that in mind, I think you can keep up. Skip small packs and stragglers, which you should be anyway, they're a waste of bells/time.
I don't use tempest rush typically. I have a tempest rush set but I'm usually just running at +25% speed.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Tempest rush has a built in +25% movement speed. So the tailwind rune gives you +50%. I got all excited reading the expac datamined notes when tempest rush's wording was changed to reflect that. Everyone thought it was a buff, but Druin explained it's just a clarification of what's already happening.

I don't know why you wouldn't spec tempest rush all the time. Movement speed is the #1 way to speed up your runs. It's the only thing that affects your time in between not killing stuff. It's also a great defensive tool to get you out of tight spots.

Let's see, and based on your current build, it would reduce the amount of spirit needed refreshing sweeping winds since you have a better chance of making the next pack in 6s. I would probably replace Serenity or Breath of Heaven. Also, replace those bracers. They're only giving you 1% movement speed.

As for other gear advice, it's somewhat hard to give advice unless you know what build you're going to go with. For example, I think Inna's Radiance is a monk's BIS for helm. Mempo could be equal or better(especially if you find a crit one), but only for a non-tempest rush build due to how attack speed adversely affects tempest rush.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Strongarms would be the cheap choice. Or get a lucky roll on the BoA recipe like I did
smile.png

Tenks

It is actually pretty easy to craft some bracers since you're not really looking for too much out of them. They're guarenteed to roll high primary stat so all you have to hope for is a decent VIT roll and crit% and possibly some RA (or lightning in your case.)