Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Does it make much sense to use the master levels while leveling up? I got my ass kicked on Master 5 but I can do Master 1 pretty comfortably.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Master 1 is good you get an xp boost for harder difficulties, along with gold and magic boost. Only if its efficient though Hard is equiv to mp1/2 master 1 is 2/4, etc

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Does it make much sense to use the master levels while leveling up? I got my ass kicked on Master 5 but I can do Master 1 pretty comfortably.
Master 1 is the first difficulty with an exp boost at 60% as well as 60% mf/gf. I personally don't recommend it. Best to play easy until you are 60 and can play Inferno. After that I'd only recommend Master levels for farming keys as any increase in magic find is going to be mitigated by the higher health of mobs.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Wouldn't mind doing some ubers, Mudcrush, but I don't think I'm geared enough for MP8 ubers.

Also, wouldn't mind some advice on monk builds for ubers. Siegebreaker and Kulle still kick my ass on MP6. I can solo the other two just fine.
We could do MP8 if we had at least one other person who is at least 'adequate' as well. Even if you can't _tank_ siegebreaker, you can easily kite him around while everyone else kills ZK. I cannot tank siegebreaker, but I can tank for ZK, at least in the sense that he wont kill me.

I should mention that I do not know everyone on this forum! So if you see me on and want to do keys or ubers, don't just say 'hi', tell me which you want. I am online a fair bit. For ubers you have to have at least one machine, and it's best to have 3-4 people so that everyone can get organs.

Did ubers today at MP10 with some people who turned out to be seriously not ready, but we did it anyway - partly cuz the monk in the group learned to kite siegebreaker real well.
tongue.png

If you want to do keys, I can easily do MP7 whether you can or not. I could do MP10 in such a case as well, but it's probably more efficient to do keys at mp7 or so (probably can clear three times faster or more than mp10, so more keys in the long run).

I can't give you a lot of build advice for monks, I have a couple at 60 but don't play them enough to really advise. Wait, I can give this advice: learn how not to die on Skeleton King / Maghda fight.
tongue.png

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
What about using an Earth Ally to tank Siegebreaker while you kill Kulle? They're pretty fucking strong and could rather easily tank Siege while you fight Kulle off to the side.
I should mention that Siegebreaker goes after whoever is closest to him, if this helps at all. He doesn't care who is hitting him or by how much, as far as I can tell.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I skimmed the last few pages and my google magic failed me (it's all results from ages ago) so I'm gonna ask my noob quesstions here:

1) What route are people running to powerlevel paragon now? I read something about the act1 route being the best. I'm playing a scumbag WW barb with ~120k DPS if that matters. I can do MP10 very very slowly, MP5 seems pretty comfortable.

2) Any good leveling groups out there, or anyone from here around my gear level want to do some grinding?

3) Bow merc with lots of freeze chance still the thing people are using?
1) I do act 1 for Xp. I go to Festering Woods and Leoric's to get 5 quick NV (90%+ of the time that's all you need to do), then go to Fields of Misery. Have skills that do good AE damage, and don't fight the first mob you run into, get a bunch, then fight them. Do this at the highest MP you can and survive, and try to find people to join you - the multiple person XP bonus is worth it.

2) If I am on and in the mood, I will be glad to xp with you. Send me a tell.

3) Freeze bow is good if you don't want knockback. If you DO want knockback, windforce is awesome. It works on dark berserkers, interrupting their mace swing of death, among many other mobs. With good positioning, the scoundrel can help keep stuff off you. He can also be a pain, so it takes some practice. Works well with DH, potentially. With a freeze wizard... not so much.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I should mention that Siegebreaker goes after whoever is closest to him, if this helps at all. He doesn't care who is hitting him or by how much, as far as I can tell.
That's the only reason I think it would be decent is the allies don't stop attacking or run with you if you move away from them, unless you go about offscreen. As far as I know minions cannot be picked up by siege either.

I may try it soon but on a lower difficulty. I need better 1h weapons though. 2h is not cutting it for bossfights, lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I can't give you a lot of build advice for monks, I have a couple at 60 but don't play them enough to really advise. Wait, I can give this advice: learn how not to die on Skeleton King / Maghda fight.
tongue.png
That's the easiest of the three fights. I just moved up my farming to MP7. Let me get used to the new difficulty, then I'll hit you up for some ubers.

Xzi, how is weapon speed affecting your gameplay?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I like my 2h build. Basic monk nonsense you would expect except some mediocre items. Also I change out fists of thunder/serenity/cyclone strike depending on what I'm doing. But I greatly dislike slowass attacks when doing ubers thus far. My lack of health doesn't help, haha. I'm just broke as fuck to where upgrades with proper stats are super expensive :s

I want to be super tanky at some point, but that prolly isn't gonna happen like I think it is until the xpac unless I can manage to actually sell items for more than a couple thousand. I found a pretty good 1h str weapon earlier I'm trying to sell and if it does I'll be able to afford quite a lot of upgrades.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I find the Ghom uber pack the easiest of the three. If you have decent life leech just stand in the poison to DPS down Ghom them kill that whoever the fuck in a similar tank n' spank. Maghda can be tricky since she can hit like a truck at higher levels and can easily take away 80% of your life in a single hit. Siegebreaker is still the hardest to solo but the one that becomes the easiest in a group.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Remember the first time you saw the video of the party fighting siege breaker and thinking that looks awesome? Now it is the lamest battle...
Pepperidge farm does.jpg

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It was in front of a leoric's manor type area and he tore a low HP player in half.

P100 feels good. I want to do at least 2 and change for the head start but 5 wouldn't be bad considering if you reroll the same class how strong your gear gets.

This one dude has 4 wizards. His 4th he is doing now is a 610k DPS archon that did the first 80 paragons in 10 hours.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
80 paragon levels in 10 hours seems ridiculous. Even if you cruised around with a staff of the apocalypse from Diablo1 and killed everything on screen.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So, my question is, is there any reason to either play a bunch now, or to hold off entirely, that anyone could explain? Thanks!
Waiting isn't a bad idea. When the expac comes out a ton of people will play again since the game is pretty good now. The other aspect to consider is that very good gear is so cheap you could level to 60 and use the gold you saved to get gear you could kill inferno diablo with, and most people playing are geared to the teeth. When ladders come out and everyone is fresh things will be a lot more interesting.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What wizard gear allows them to pump character sheet dps so high?
This stuff I guess

Make a 150k archon and blow through mp1, time it.

Now clear out the standard fields of misery run on mp10 with a group (his group is always full and surely with a wait list, I've run 5-6 games with him):
festering for quick stacks ignoring trash (events give stacks), bleeding hollow, fields of misery, decaying crypts if it spawns

Record that amount of xp, however long it takes you. Now take a bit of time (probably even a few minutes) off your act 1 run because you probably don't give it down to a science as much as him. Determine xp per hour.

Guys like him doing it are very efficient. They can just sweep their beam, kill most of it, keep going till more are rounded up then kill the remainders from before + the new big clump of mobs together. I've seen people die chasing players like him trying to keep up, let alone kill things too.

He's been on his monk recently which is also super filthy.

Hell we see people over a million dps buffed here and there. I've definitely seen an 800k barb in my dealings with the higher ups, who goes well over a mill in wrath (which, you guessed it, he can permanently keep up).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
One other thing I'd add is the people I've seen with these numbers are sheet DPS. Effective dps and how efficiently you play is a whole different story.

But, for instance, my sheet DPS is prob like 330k range when I get back to paragon 50+.

It doesn't account for the # of attacks I have going simultaneously, the % damage on my quiver/chest etc. These things do matter alot. A good dps test is how fast you can kill mp10 Ghom (his hp / time).

I used to think this was a skill-less game but when you see how fast people can do the first 80 paragon levels or play the auction house.. you realize it is far from a mindless game where skill/game knowledge doesn't matter.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He must have logged out with buffs active. I don't think I could play a wizard, I've been spoiled by tempest rush. Every class except a barb just seems so slow.