Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Man, loot rains down like candy on the PS3 version. I've seen more legendaries already than I did my whole time playing on PC at release.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I dunno some of these guys are like murder speed killing elites + trash..

169 demonic essences in 1 hour..

I mean that is fucking dirty.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Just to tease you PC players with another taste of loot 2.0...

Band of Untold Secrets
Lvl 45
128 dex
117 vit
7% atk spd
13% movement spd
23 xp kill
Ignores durability loss

Lots of other shit like this. Insanely good for their levels and overall regardless.

I levelled 1 - 45 Normal and Nightmare on Hard then finished Act3/4 on Master 1-2 switching between as needed if 2 gave me problems. Now doing Hell master1/2 and Im 55 now and have had a blast with an actual challenge on the way to 60 that was also rewarding. This is on my DH main, I have another monk around 35 and plan to probably take her or a WD to Inferno as well for a change of pace. Id give my PSN and give away a bunch of awesome shit but no solid connection atm. As soon as I do Ill be able to hook up a bunch of ps3 bros with all kinda of shit.

Citz

Silver Squire
I'm just wondering, with how amazing loot 2.0 is supposed to be. Is there any semblance of farming left? Is the game trivialized by the system?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well it seems so far with what we know of Loot 2.0 is there are going to be even more items now with ability stats as well, so farming for a certain build could potentially take a long time or it could take a day. Regardless it's Diablo so I still expect 80% of the loot to be trashcanned

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
On PS3 there is no AH and in my unique situation without a solid internet connection I couldnt even trade gear with other players so I started the game on hard/Master1 and built from scratch. It kicked my ass but it was fun and loot 2.0 felt like I was properly being given a realistic chance at upgrading my character significantly enough in order to progress to higher difficulties. You will still struggle with items or drop rates at times and specific build items are a BITCH but nah never trivial, games like this are only trivial if you allow them to be - I can't even handle Master3 yet. (On console it is Easy Medium Hard Master 1-5 not 10 just fyi).

As much as I hate to admit it, it feels like they actually got it right...

I'll post more once I'm actually 60 and can see Inferno and what it's like to get set items, etc. I had everything for the Staff of Herding by level 52, I don't know if that's unheard of or not...
I actually have extra black mushrooms in my stash lol

DavivMcD

Peasant
The biggest buff to loot itself, not just how and when it drops, is there are just way more primary stats on everything. My Wiz has a chest and a 1h dagger with 450+ int on each, and I'm pretty sure I got both of those in Hell. I started Inferno at 95k dps and ended it with over 200k, and I have yet to see a single piece of gear with 2 or more of the trifecta stats on it, or traditionally required pieces of gear like Triumverate or Zuni's. I never played the pc version enough to know what MP 10 was like, but Master 5 still kicks my ass, so there's still plenty of farming to do at the end game if you want it. I wouldn't be surprised if optimal gear in the console version would result in well over 1 million dps unbuffed.

The biggest flaw with the new loot system is that it severely cripples the crafting, at lvl 60 anyway. All the lvl 60 recipes, ESPECIALLY the Archon 'of intelligence/dexterity/etc' stuff, cost so much gold and mats, and have only a tiny chance at being upgrades, that I hardly touch it now. While leveling it was a lot better, since you can typically craft gear that's ~5 levels higher than what's dropping.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So no one is 400k+ here and stomping master 5 on console? Most PC players think the game sucks because they aren't crushing mp10 after playing 80 hours. How is this going to change that?

I did hear trying to make a perma freeze CM/WW wizard on console is just about impossible. Maybe that's a good thing.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just to tease you PC players with another taste of loot 2.0...

Band of Untold Secrets
Lvl 45
128 dex
117 vit
7% atk spd
13% movement spd
23 xp kill
Ignores durability loss

Lots of other shit like this. Insanely good for their levels and overall regardless.

I levelled 1 - 45 Normal and Nightmare on Hard then finished Act3/4 on Master 1-2 switching between as needed if 2 gave me problems. Now doing Hell master1/2 and Im 55 now and have had a blast with an actual challenge on the way to 60 that was also rewarding. This is on my DH main, I have another monk around 35 and plan to probably take her or a WD to Inferno as well for a change of pace. Id give my PSN and give away a bunch of awesome shit but no solid connection atm. As soon as I do Ill be able to hook up a bunch of ps3 bros with all kinda of shit.
But that ring isn't very good ....

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm just wondering, with how amazing loot 2.0 is supposed to be. Is there any semblance of farming left? Is the game trivialized by the system?
Just think about the math of it. No matter how good the loot is, eventually you will hit a point where the odds of something better than you have dropping for you approaches zero. And then you've got to farm/trade to progress.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking of posting my farming routes here to see if anyone had some suggestions for improvements.

Act 1:
Festering Woods(only elites?) -> Leorics(only if you didn't get 5 at FW) -> Fields of Misery(hit up crypt 1 if it spawns) -> Weeping Hollow(not sure on the exp/hour on this one) -> Halls of Agony 2

Act 2:
VoTA -> Oasis -> Forgotten Ruins -> East/West Channels

I've heard storm halls is a lot of exp/hour, but I have no idea how to fit it in to a run without a lot of travelling time or ruining my VoTA checkpoint. Is Black Canyon Mines worth it with those annoying wasps? And not sure to include the 1-2 elites in lower level Alcarnus

Act 3:
Starcrown -> Keeps 2 -> Rakkis Crossing -> Fields of Slaughter
Toss in stonefort at the end if you want to key guy(the other two acts already have key guys included). Arreat Crater 2 is no longer any good due to nerfed scorpions.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just think about the math of it. No matter how good the loot is, eventually you will hit a point where the odds of something better than you have dropping for you approaches zero. And then you've got to farm/trade to progress.
Yup. It doesn't matter how good items are. Only thing that matters is what you have to do to optimally progress. If the AH closes that will mean spending a large amount of time surfing d3jsp and organizing meetups with people which is why I quit PoE.

The other thing that annoys me is how much shit drops. If I pick up every rare item I can't clear half a zone without having to go back to town to sell/de.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yup. It doesn't matter how good items are. Only thing that matters is what you have to do to optimally progress. If the AH closes that will mean spending a large amount of time surfing d3jsp and organizing meetups with people which is why I quit PoE.

The other thing that annoys me is how much shit drops. If I pick up every rare item I can't clear half a zone without having to go back to town to sell/de.
Don't pick up every rare, it's not worth the time. I pick up all weapons besides bows, rings, amulets, and gloves. That's it. Everything else is even more likely to be DE fodder, and tears aren't worth more than the average gold pile on the ground.

niss_sl

shitlord
So can anyone explain what's happening to toons/loot in the near future. I was thinking of coming back and playing but is it worth it if they're gonna make everything obsolete +/- introduce ladder with new toons?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was thinking of posting my farming routes here to see if anyone had some suggestions for improvements.

Act 1:
Festering Woods(only elites?) -> Leorics(only if you didn't get 5 at FW) -> Fields of Misery(hit up crypt 1 if it spawns) -> Weeping Hollow(not sure on the exp/hour on this one) -> Halls of Agony 2

Act 2:
VoTA -> Oasis -> Forgotten Ruins -> East/West Channels

I've heard storm halls is a lot of exp/hour, but I have no idea how to fit it in to a run without a lot of travelling time or ruining my VoTA checkpoint. Is Black Canyon Mines worth it with those annoying wasps? And not sure to include the 1-2 elites in lower level Alcarnus

Act 3:
Starcrown -> Keeps 2 -> Rakkis Crossing -> Fields of Slaughter
Toss in stonefort at the end if you want to key guy(the other two acts already have key guys included). Arreat Crater 2 is no longer any good due to nerfed scorpions.
Ill give it a shot. I just started doing mp 7 ( mp 2 on Xbox)