Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

thefaceless

Golden Squire
I'll probably give the PC version another shot once loot 2.0 comes out, but I get the feeling it will end up being the same thing once you hit that ceiling where it's impossible to find better loot. Game needs more content, among other things.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Added another 30k.Welcome to DiaBRO3

I can get big upgrades out of better prowlers (str/crit) but the shit I've bid on has wound up in the 60 million + range. Non-trifecta rings are an easy 5-10k upgrade but I haven't managed to snipe better ones yet. It's looking like any more progress will take winning the lottery - and I've already had ridiculous luck on some of the items I already have. 2 mil left to play with.. and I started with 2.5. (1 mil of it from harfle)

48k to start, 500k net spent, 128k current. This is more fun than actually playing the game.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Mist how much do you think you have tied up into that set, out of curiosity?

I'm guessing my suit ran me about 2 mil but I made 1.5 back.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh I dunno, I pieced it together from playing/trading over a long time. I also made out like a bandit in the whole AH exploit explosion. Bought 10 dollars worth of Emeralds, sold them for like a billion gold, bought out a ton of cool shit on the AH, sold that all on the RMAH a few days later and turned that money back into gold... flipped more shit, etc.

Made like 150 dollars of 10 dollars worth of Emeralds. Gave a bunch of stuff away.

Haven't played much in the past 3-4 months though.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Probably. Lol.

I think I'm going to be playing POE until the expansion or whenever they add loot 2.0. I really want to play but if I have to see Act 1 one more fucking time I'm going to kill myself. The stupid thing is I wouldn't mind so much if there was a ladder or some alternative but gotta wait D:

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I'll say it again as a disclaimer just in case so, I'm on console.

I really like this game overall, to be honest. I cannot believe the lack of content though...It drives me insane. I would have a blast with this game with one, two more classes and a couple more acts worth of content and different ways to go about playing them. Like the guy above said. Ugh.

And when I first started and saw that Act 1 and 2 were like 14 parts long, I was like 'oh sweet, way more than I expected!' then 3 and 4 are like 4-5 parts each. Bullshit.

And the fucking 'story'. Oh my god. Fuck. That. Stupid. Fucking. Shit.

It was seriously written by adults and that makes me cringe. Fuck.

Also, on console you have to select Group play, PvP or Key Wardens when game matching as well which is also fucking stupid...(Key wardens is understandable, I just think PvP should be integrated into every mode - I thought that was like core Diablo...maybe I'm missing something? I don't know.)

How much of WoW's success (understanding that Diablo 2 was successful in it's own right aside) do you think has affected Blizzard's development cycle as whole across their entire development spectrum?
Meaning, does anyone else think that content for even Diablo 3 is viewed in a much different light now (the way it's produced, the time it takes, and the end product as a result of their formulaic development style) that their success is to the n'th degree than it would have years ago if Blizzard wasn't always so tedious about properly red carpeting their trademark bullshit cartoony vibe and easter egg stuff (which isn't all bad, just saying...) on top of the need to properly balance and design a real, visceral and mature (which turns out D3 is a fucking cartoon cereal box cutout in comparison to D2) environment that a game like Diablo 3 calls for?

Did that question make sense? It's late and I need sleep...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I kind of agree. You can blow through the entire game in a few hours and the game has very little randomization.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah more randomization would go a long way to improving replayability. But the overall content doesn't feel like any less than pre-LOD D2.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One thing they could do is make the nephalem count higher or make it harder to get higher stacks of nephalem. The higher the cost of restarting the game the more content people will put into each of their runs.

Bane_sl

shitlord
I picked up again and started levelling Paragon out of boredom. Last time I played was like 30 days after launch so I am pretty much just jumping in MP10 lobbies and leeching gear and XP. Yup, I am that guy.

Who can I blow for 5 or 6 Mil so I can stop doing this?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I picked up again and started levelling Paragon out of boredom. Last time I played was like 30 days after launch so I am pretty much just jumping in MP10 lobbies and leeching gear and XP. Yup, I am that guy.

Who can I blow for 5 or 6 Mil so I can stop doing this?
5-6 mil will probably not stop M10 leeching..

And I also started leveling paragon levels out of boredom and now I so bored that I'm trying to find other stuff to do. Crazy how that works.

axeman_sl

shitlord
One thing they could do is make the nephalem count higher or make it harder to get higher stacks of nephalem. The higher the cost of restarting the game the more content people will put into each of their runs.
The content isn't really there for this to work out, honestly. The first half of Act 1 is crap and mostly empty, most of Act 2 sucks ass and the outdoor desert parts are both inefficient and hideous, and Act 4 is so short and has such shitty mob types that farming it is pointless. Act 3 is the only one where it would make any sense to do the whole thing, but they're not going to go revert to having only one viable farming route again for obvious reasons.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok guys, I just found this trifecta Nat's ring with LOH and need some help with a price check. I believe it to be in 750M range but I'm not too sure.

rrr_img_46248.jpg

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Well I would search the AH for that ring, filter with dex, 8% AS, crit hit, and crit chance. see what those come to, then add LOH and see if the price differs

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The content isn't really there for this to work out, honestly. The first half of Act 1 is crap and mostly empty, most of Act 2 sucks ass and the outdoor desert parts are both inefficient and hideous, and Act 4 is so short and has such shitty mob types that farming it is pointless. Act 3 is the only one where it would make any sense to do the whole thing, but they're not going to go revert to having only one viable farming route again for obvious reasons.
Allow porting between acts, have all bosses up instead of worrying about the fucking story.